Biglime and Eurogamer - Game Over

Regardless of who's right or wrong or the cunt or the good guy, I think it's particularly sad to spout all that crap all over Twitter for everybody to see.

My thoughts exactly.

Rab has been taking potshots at Ryan on Twitter for ages with no rebuttal. Seems like Ryan saw another one last night and decided he'd had enough of being the public villain.

Seems pretty fair to defend yourself in public if you're being attacked in public.

Nah, just block him and carry on regardless. Rising to it only winds you up further. And makes you both look a bit silly.

While we’re sharing our memories of Biglime, I remember years ago saying on rllmuk that the new Edge had hidden a funny, cutting little dig at a forumite in the new issue and within seconds Biglime had pmed me asking “is it me?!?”.

Regardless of who's right or wrong or the cunt or the good guy, I think it's particularly sad to spout all that crap all over Twitter for everybody to see.

I don't agree with that at all. If they wanna have a fight then have a fight. I don't understand people who follow celebrities and just get all the fucking backslapping between people you don't even know.

Biglime reminds me of Jack Black in that his best weapon is volume and he wins every battle. Just like anything Jack Black says is funnier the louder he says it (just give him a megaphone already Hollywood and take my money) anything Biglime says is more important and more correct because you can't hear anyone else and they're wrong anyway.

I genuinely think Rab's work - Burnistoun especially - is generally hilarious, but I don't really like the guy much, especially in the last couple of years. I follow him on twitter (I really shouldn't, but again - I like his work) and his ego has just spiralled out of control. At first it seemed like he jokingly had a massive ego, but now it seems that yeah, he actually does.

Ryan is also funny. I enjoyed his CV/VG stuff and Chuckiedregs. I follow him on twitter too and he's completely the opposite. Self deprecating. Humble.

I don't know what "the truth" is, and who is "right" and who is "evil", but Rab certainly seems to be the sort of guy who ditches, or even "backstabs", friends as soon as there's a chance he can move up the celebrity ladder a rung.

Remember when he left here? It was all "I'm bigger than you lot now! LOLZ!".

Anyway. Don't stress it Ryan.

I agree with this post. His twitter is rant after rant and "hey everyone I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND" drivel. He's a very hypocritical bloke, shame as Burnistoun is funny.

Honestly, the one where she has a meltdown because she went on a date with her security guard and kissed him and he was all jacked and ripped and answered the door in a towel and she really started to regret her decision to go there to break it off because he was so hawt and then they had an awkward conversation where she told him nothing could happen and he obviously had this whole Whitney Houston/Kevin Costnor thing going on his head and was clearly devastated was one of the most terrible orchestrated pieces of fake TV I've ever seen, to be honest, but it was better than this bizarre media show of inbreds arguing amongst themselves trying to drum up support from anonymous and virtual audiences they perceive to be there as though Twitter was some kind of primary school playground.

I might start watching the Kardashians then.

its actually watchable if only to laugh at their entitlement. the main one is a whiny bitch, her sisters are all hangers on, and the blokes are dickheads or really wet. its a whole other world where they fall to pieces over anything.

Honestly, the one where she has a meltdown because she went on a date with her security guard and kissed him and he was all jacked and ripped and answered the door in a towel and she really started to regret her decision to go there to break it off because he was so hawt and then they had an awkward conversation where she told him nothing could happen and he obviously had this whole Whitney Houston/Kevin Costnor thing going on his head and was clearly devastated was one of the most terrible orchestrated pieces of fake TV I've ever seen, to be honest, but it was better than this bizarre media show of inbreds arguing amongst themselves trying to drum up support from anonymous and virtual audiences they perceive to be there as though Twitter was some kind of primary school playground.

and breathe. so it seems we're all closet kardashian watchers.

His track record when it came to attitudes to women wasn't great when he posted here, either (e.g, his massive, slut-shaming spat with TwinklySpangle, the odd joke in Consolevania), but he subsequently reinvented himself as a touching, sensitive feminist in his Eurogamer columns.

I genuinely don't know what to think about that, though. I mean, people are allowed to change their minds, and I'm glad he did. But it makes some of lecturing columns feel hollow to me. Maybe that's my problem. People are allowed to mature, after all.

Rab wasn't exactly some naive teen when he was making CV. Maybe it's more of a case of him re-inventing himself as whichever 'character' will gain him the most exposure.

He certainly comes across as more than a little disingenuous. People like that really aren't worth anyones time.

I think he has been making a sitcom, with Scottish wrestling superstar Grado.

He can be funny (I really enjoyed his 'live review' of colonial marines with keiron gillen and tom bramwell at the glasgow film festival) but he has definitely fallen into the trap of becoming a twat once he became semi-famous.