IGNORED

Singstar becomes free. The world dislikes this.

MaffewE

So, the new PS3 firmware update has added Singstar to the Games section on the XMB. Select it and it installs a new PSN version for free, which enables you to download and play songs you've already downloaded (or ones you now buy) via microphones or even singing at the PS Eye camera.

All lovely. And free (bar the cost of buying new songs if you want to, of course).

Then I read the blog post on the EU Playstation blog about it.

http://blog.eu.plays...e-xmb/#comments

Please remove this unwanted fa**otry out of my PS3.

Sincerely yours,

Not-a-12-year-old-girl.

Dear SCEE, thank you for knowing better than I, what I want and what I need. Do you know what other entity, thought they knew better than the people what the people needed or wanted? The communists. Are there communists at SCEE?
lets spray paint a massive singstar logo on the front of ninas house and see how long it takes before she “likes it” better still we can hide outside and hold up random posters of failing things in the hope she “likes them”
I find Nina’s responses of “Try it you might like it” offensive, I apologise for the analogy but it makes you sound like you’re pushing drugs.
Way to target your demographic Sony.

Overweight teenage girls up & down the country will be cursing the fact that they have a Wii.

You really do have the most monstrous arrogance. I am honestly disgusted by you, and this forced presence of the Singstar icon is the worst kind of hard sell I have ever seen. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to violate some kind of trading standards law. Your motives and reasons for doing this are despicable, nothing more than a coercive attempt to wring money from consumers. You should be ashamed of yourself.
i respect peopel option if them find ith ok

but believe me = not 40 pers ! but lots more on lots of other forums to

also u need to respect peopel who not like ith at al like me !

peopel who have other opinion are noth geeks en have most of the time also a live ! peopel like u have problem in head if u cal other peopel geek = go to clinic .

xmb = already ugly whith 2 x store – whath is new but them are +- corect placed .

It's amazing.

Actually it pissed me off as well. Not the fact that I got something for free, but rather the fact that the icon is not a game-icon and can not be sorted like the other ones. It's stuck at where they placed it, even if you don't use it.

True, it's probably the first icon Sony enforces like this in the Game menu and it's a far cry from the 'here's the advertisements' on the Xbox Dash, but urgh, my OCD is going haywire.

Dear SCEE, thank you for knowing better than I, what I want and what I need. Do you know what other entity, thought they knew better than the people what the people needed or wanted? The communists. Are there communists at SCEE?

This is the weirdest thing ever. Must be in the unpublished addendum to Das Kapital.

You really do have the most monstrous arrogance. I am honestly disgusted by you, and this forced presence of the Singstar icon is the worst kind of hard sell I have ever seen. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to violate some kind of trading standards law. Your motives and reasons for doing this are despicable, nothing more than a coercive attempt to wring money from consumers. You should be ashamed of yourself.

What a prize twat.

Can anyone make sense of the last comment quoted there?

It's like an episode of Adam Buxton's Bug. Especially the communist comment.

:angry: peopel like u have problem in head if u cal other peopel geek = go to clinic .

So are these people up in arms about iTunes being a hard sell? Dd they write to Points of View about all the film editing software, Lovefilm iPlayer Netflix stuff and Home being installed?

Tone deaf wankers.

You can turn off the iTunes Store in iTunes. :P

Some of the blog comments are pure amaze. I always check it when the playstation store updates to see the loons vent for the lulz. The blog staff must be so tempted to tell people to fuck off.

Mind you, through the mess there are a lot of justified comments!

Me, not too bothered about the icon. I might even be tempted to get the mikes out.

First of all, Im a male, i dont wish to play singstar, i never will, that is just completely the worst game anyone could get, i dont want this icon on my ps3, why would i, this has made me think twice about you sony, why force people to have this crappy game icon on there ps3, thats like me coming to your HQ and putting stuff in your offices, its rude as, im so offended that you would force this on to me, and everyone else, make it optional to delete it, and make it optional to download in the store, and i mean it youse better fix it and quick, so fustraighted, especially moving the trophies whats the damn point, jesus!
If Sony wants to force SINGSTAR INTO MY LIVING ROOM,

I would like to force MY GUN INTO SONYS MOUTH.

Someone's been looking at LinkedIn profiles...

No wonder Nina hasn’t stayed in a job for anything longer than ten months for the past decade.

I like the understated-ness of this next one:

http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-294690

remove the singstar, it makes me look ridiculous

I love nothing more than stripping off naked, doing my nails and make up, super gluing dual shock 3s to my ballsack and singing Karma Chameleon on hard mode.

Those who haven't done this haven't experienced what the PS3 really has to offer.

It really IS living.

Also, on a serious note, it's worth downloading just to check out the uploaded videos.

There are some gems on there. Featuring:

Couples arguing

Old people rapping

People genuinely being funny

Fit girls in low cut tops.

I still regularly boot it up just to view some of the videos.

Also, on a serious note, it's worth downloading just to check out the uploaded videos.

There are some gems on there. Featuring:

Couples arguing

Old people rapping

People genuinely being funny

Fit girls in low cut tops.

I still regularly boot it up just to view some of the videos.

Definitely, especially on Boxing Day watching videos of people who dragged out the singstar mics after people have gotten absolutely shitfaced on Christmas Day and made the brilliant mistake of uploading the videos

I have to admit, they've put the icon in the wrong place. If it was above the Disc icon, and the Singstar text wasn't visible when not highlighted like other games...those small things may have shut up a small handful of the idiots who feel like Sony have cut their masculinity off with a blunt knife.