Chivalry: Medieval Waaaaaaaughfare

BrerLappin

3 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Ah I don't have to pretend I know you do I :P

No on a serious note is it easy enough to squad up cross platform? I'm persuading my brothers to jump in but looking at it, it's a tenner saving if I buy it on pc instead ^_^ But they will be on xbox

I'd look it up first, as it looks like there might not be cross platform partying though.

Killed by roast chicken?

I was in a game the other night where you storm the castle to kill that geezer. No-one seemed to know that the whale harpoon was facing the attacking direction or that you could use it. I got a brace.

Fucking archers etc...

I know it’s meant to be silly, but it can feel like a real, horrifying medieval war and I love it.  Each spawn I play like I’m on a real battlefield and my actual life is on the line.  It’s the best multiplayer I’ve played in ages and I can play it for hours. 🥰

Im not finding it fun after putting in a bit more time. It just seems totally random at times and i can be blocking fine and parrying and cant get a hit in no matter what. Lucky if i get 5 kills a game

He's right about throwing your weapon when they least expect it though! Catches people by surprise all the time. I think one of the vanguard subclasses gets two heavy weapons so you basically have a free sword to chuck at somebody. 

3 hours ago, Epcotman said:

I know it’s meant to be silly, but it can feel like a real, horrifying medieval war and I love it.  Each spawn I play like I’m on a real battlefield and my actual life is on the line.  It’s the best multiplayer I’ve played in ages and I can play it for hours. 🥰

It's the opening war cry 'and those lot over there, av taken it!' 'Kill them allllll!!'

The map which ends with the 'protect the heir' stage in the keep is the most ridiculously intense and over the top thing I've played in ages, just madness with 64 players squeezed onto staircases and narrow balconies wildly hacking away and throwing swords and axes and oil pots and severed heads while the heir runs through flame into the fray and you're saying to yourself "whit's the heir daein, tam?"

So satisfying when you win on the defence in that one. 

My bowmanship skills increase once more. Even I've reached the point now where the sight of 4 or 5 angry knights making a beeline for you is kind of like 'yeah, fair enough' Destination fucked in 5,4,3,2......1

You need to get about three badly placed shots off if they have full health to win that one in a 1 on 1. Made some great use of the battlements last night, dropping hung bodies or flaming cages onto unsuspecting groups of players. The hatred of archers is entirely justified. But a good one is a game changer. Is the call to 'kill the archers' generated from a player or is the game giving the opposing team a hint?

So I had my first go yesterday and absolutely loved it, was really racking up kills and actually came top few a couple of times. But my god someone need's to grab the archers and put them in a pit of burning oil for all eternity.

It's like using a gun in a boxing game ffs ^_^

One thing I couldn't work out and might be me being a bit saft, can you change the default loadouts of your classes? Or is it just the 4 default options based on level?

Also, shields, I saw so many people running with them and the only time I got one was picking it up off the floor, can you equip them by default as well?

That said, my go to was the knight with a longsword and I was making mincemeat of a lot of people, 1 v 1's almost always in my favour. I couldn't manage many fights where there was more than 1 though, that's a tough go at it especially if they know what they are doing and one moves round to your flank or something.

I think as you level up the classes the shields become available. It's certainly the case for one of the knights I use. Very useful to buy time when you get set upon by 5 players.

I joined the facebook page for this and it's generally people moaning about the lack of realism....

Presumably the medics administer a course of leeches to those that are wounded?

As for archers, you've just got to get close, they're fucked in close quarters.

3 minutes ago, marsh said:

I think as you level up the classes the shields become available. It's certainly the case for one of the knights I use. Very useful to buy time when you get set upon by 5 players.

I joined the facebook page for this and it's generally people moaning about the lack of realism....

Presumably the medics administer a course of leeches to those that are wounded?

As for archers, you've just got to get close, they're fucked in close quarters.

Yeah if you catch them in the open they are done, I did find myself getting into trouble hunting some down and then I realised they were practically in their spawn, reached them just as 15 odd guys spawn in and wipe me out 😅

59 minutes ago, Luseth said:

One thing I couldn't work out and might be me being a bit saft, can you change the default loadouts of your classes? Or is it just the 4 default options based on level?

Also, shields, I saw so many people running with them and the only time I got one was picking it up off the floor, can you equip them by default as well?

I found this really confusing.
Basically each of the 4 base classes also have subclasses which you open up by playing the base class.

Spoiler

Archer

Longbowman – long range pest, but has poor melee.

Crossbowman – medium range with good damage and can heal their team, but has to stand still to reload.

Skirmisher – short range (throwing weapons), but has access to a shield.

Vanguard

Devastator – has access to the largest weapons in Chivalry 2 and can use them without a movement speed penalty. Only has a knife as their secondary and low base health.

Ambusher – melee/ranged hybrid that uses throwing weapons and speed to assassinate opponents.

Raider – can carry two primary weapons and has a horn that heals allies.

Footman

Poleman – long weapons with excellent reach, and can use the Knight’s Tackle ability.

Man-at-Arms – uses a smaller shield and weapon than the Guardian, but in effect is more nimble.

Field Engineer – support subclass that sets traps and barricades. Heals for 25% of their health when they heal a teammate. Can’t really hold their own in a fight.

Knight

Officer – melee/support/ranged hybrid that’s great for new players: uses solid melee weapons, has throwing knives, and can heal with their horn.

Guardian – the Man-At-Arms bulkier cousin that is effectively Chivalry 2’s tank class. Stands back and takes a beating while teammates flank to finish off distracted foes.

Crusader – the Knight’s version of the Devastator. Slower though due to the movement speed penalty, but has access to more powerful two handed weapons.

Youo also open up weapon types for all of them by playing.
For instance I just reached lvl9 as a Raider (Vanguard Sub Class) and unlocked 2 handed hammers.

Basically just keep playing to open things.

You can change these classes in game by pressing the menu button and selecting change class, use your bumpers to move between them and the d-pad to move through the weapon options available.

I've no idea if buying a weapon with actual money gives you early access to it.

long range pest

😅

Like I've said before, they can be a game changer if they're any good. I find the other advantage of the crossbowman is that he tends to duck just at the right time while reloading so that an archer taking pot shots will miss. But that reload is crippling. Still mincemeat in close combat.

I can't tell you how much I wish this, above pretty much all other multiplayer games, had a Halo 3 style cinema mode to rewatch the entire thing. God knows what's going on in the nooks and crannies of the map.

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

I can't tell you how much I wish this, above pretty much all other multiplayer games, had a Halo 3 style cinema mode to rewatch the entire thing. God knows what's going on in the nooks and crannies of the map.

Definitely. I can't remember the last game where I don't mind waiting to respawn as the spectator cam is so entertaining. 

I find it essential viewing after I've had my head chopped off to pan out of the map and have a good butchers at where the map is flowing and the players are moving.

And more to the point try and find out where I need to go and avenge my beheading with an arrow in the eye socket.