Chivalry: Medieval Waaaaaaaughfare

BrerLappin

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

I honestly don't think I've laughed so much at a (non-comedy) game in years. Absolutely glorious carnage and frankly, any game with a dedicated 'Bwaaaargh' button is immediately in credit with me. I know it's all very heightened but it goes give that sense of absolutely desperate melee, limbs flying, heads getting chonked off and everybody screaming. As someone sitting cheerfully in the bottom third of rankings consistently I'd like to watch some of the people at the top of the leaderboards to see what they're doing differently.

Archer class means that anyone wielding a broadsword is going to reduce you to a red stain almost immediately. I did have a bit of success as a knight in a few close combat encounters in very confined areas, but I need to get better at lobbing my secondary weapon as soon as I can.

There is something wonderfully enjoyable about crawling around on your hands and knees punching someone repeatedly in the nuts. I'm quite good at that bit. I agree with the general hilarity 'I've shit me pants!?'

Reviewers get it. 

I'm hitting a brick wall trying to persuade my buddies to get this. Losers. 

I have the best time as either poleman with polehammer or man at arms with morning star. Poking guys with a big stick who can't reach you never gets old, haha. You can do a bit of everything with those.

Guardian Knight is quite fun but I seem to be very vulnerable to being surrounded with that one. Of course sometimes you just need to batter into the fray as a vanguard with a dirty great war axe. 

I'm utterly shite at this and have no clue what I'm doing but my god it's a laugh. 

Playing it drunk last night and role-playing as William Wallace to a silent lobby was my highlight of the week

11 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Heads up, this is £8 odd on eneba via argentina vpn just now. At that price, I'm in!

That's where I picked it up. Plus you can redeem 4000 reward points this month after you redeem it. Essentially getting the game for £4. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

That's where I picked it up. Plus you can redeem 4000 reward points this month after you redeem it. Essentially getting the game for £4. 

The redeeming isn’t working for me at all and I’m too scared to email MS in case they ask why I’m constantly moving between Argentina, Brazil, US and UK :quote:

*cough* rank 10 at bowmanship. I'm robin motherfuckinghood.

That doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy suiting up, drifting in from the flanks, and cleaving a few archer skulls from time to time.....

You know you're doing well when the cry constantly is 'kill the archers!' from the opposing team.

It is a wonderful game, simple, brutal, and has been described as a game of chess in the odd one on one. That's fine until it becomes 5 on one and then you get royally cut to pieces.

Took a punt on this (xbox) as I fancied something multiplayer I could just join in and faff about.
What an absolute gem, spent a good few hours just pissing myself laughing at the chaos and having the greatest time as part of a wave of medieval hooligans.
Utterly brilliant, glad I took the risk

14 hours ago, Alshie said:

The redeeming isn’t working for me at all and I’m too scared to email MS in case they ask why I’m constantly moving between Argentina, Brazil, US and UK :quote:

Yeah, its not working for me now. Weird because it worked ok for Mass Effect when i bought that from Eneba. 

It's really satisfying when you manage to break through the enemy defensive line on one of those maps with a strong chokepoint. The castle one where you have to charge across a bridge to destroy the banners and it's just a constant 32v32 battle of the front line. 

3 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Nope didn't get 4000 point from redeeming either. Never seems to work with the eneba stuff. 

its now showing as redeemed for me - took a few days though! It does always seem hit or miss

19 hours ago, Alshie said:

Just redeemed for me. Must take a day or two after you click the redeem button. 

On 12/06/2021 at 22:03, Benny said:

They *are* cowardly

I hate archers, The Archers & Jeffrey Archer. You're all deceitful cowards. 

So the announcement was a new map. Not horses but still cool I suppose. My dreams of decapitating a horse Mountain style lives on 

3 minutes ago, Luseth said:

So I saw this yesterday and it's got my interest, are there many xbox players here if I picked it up?

It's cross play, so you get to breed with all us PC types.

There's not a finer sight than a knight running towards an archer and then being fired backwards at a greater speed with an arrow wedged in his helmet.

Though 50% of the time this results in my bowman being cleaved clean in two...

You boys get plenty, I was killed by a knight the other evening by a player that threw a decapitated noggin at me. Should be bollowing for England, twas an an outstanding shot.

2 hours ago, Benny said:

It's cross play, so you get to breed with all us PC types.

Ah I don't have to pretend I know you do I :P

No on a serious note is it easy enough to squad up cross platform? I'm persuading my brothers to jump in but looking at it, it's a tenner saving if I buy it on pc instead ^_^ But they will be on xbox