IGNORED

Chivalry: Medieval Waaaaaaaughfare

BrerLappin

I'm in love with Chivalry 2.

That map where you get pushed back and end up having to defend the heir while hordes rush up the stairs and you end up with all 64 players slugging it out on a balcony is just a ridiculous bloodbath, amazing. 

It's so utterly compelling. Seeing the physics of a body crumpling under sustained halberd attack never gets old. And crossplay means it'll (hopefully) enjoy a decent population for years to come. 

I've settled into a groove as a polehammer-using poleman for the moment. You can quite often get a kill straight away by timing your special attack or a stab attack at the end of a charge and it feels amazing. It's quite good for poking the bigger guys while staying out of their range. The hatchet subweapon is deceptively effective too if you have to resort to it. Don't get me wrong, I'm terrible, but a very fun terrible. 

Also the loading times are almost disconcertingly quick on series x. No time to get a snack or a drink between matches. 

2% of players have the achievement for killing 100 people with archer. How?! Maybe the Javelineer subclass is better for that but you have to unlock it first. 

Anyway what a ridiculously fun game. It's Battlefield Bad Company:Middle Ages Edition. I've saved so many gameplay clips over the last day. 

2 hours ago, SM47 said:

The trophies borked out on me and gave me one for something like 'deflecting 100 thrown objects' on the first day of accidental early release. I think they're a tad glitchy. 

Yeah I've got that one too. Most people do in fact. 

I assumed it was stuff bouncing off my helmet haha. 

That's brilliant. 

In a game earlier I saw about 8 guys killed at once by a catapult shot. The bodies flying up in the air looked a bit janky but also amazing! 

A mate of mine team killed 4 people at once with one of them then did it again and killed three more haha. 

I watched a video of this yesterday, was concerned that maybe you couldn't hack bodies to bits (yes I need help)

My fears have been completely put to bed following comments on here and it has become my first PS5 purchase 😁

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

I killed someone after they’d chopped my arm off. 

I picked up a severed head and threw it at someone. 

You most definitely hack people to bits, @marsh :lol: 

I dipped into some kind of battle during lunch, got killed twice but severed many heads. Something like 2000 points at my first attempt. Reminds of of playing TFC many, many years ago. Could be a late night tonight....

Yep, late night.

It followed the usual online pattern of being rather good at playing one minute, to being hacked to pieces rather easily at the end. Sadly I'm really only good with a crossbow, which means that at close range, I'm minced beef. There's quite a few bots in the ranked matches I was playing last night on the PS5, even they were slicing limbs off at the end...

Gloriously violent, I was nailed to a wall by a mounted crossbow at one point which was both hilarious and depressing in equal measure.

I honestly don't think I've laughed so much at a (non-comedy) game in years. Absolutely glorious carnage and frankly, any game with a dedicated 'Bwaaaargh' button is immediately in credit with me. I know it's all very heightened but it goes give that sense of absolutely desperate melee, limbs flying, heads getting chonked off and everybody screaming. As someone sitting cheerfully in the bottom third of rankings consistently I'd like to watch some of the people at the top of the leaderboards to see what they're doing differently.