rllmuk
Harsin

Arrow

Laurel is the worst person at keeping important secrets.. with almost no prodding from Thea or her mum, she's blurted out about Sara to both of them already.. surprised she's not posting it on Facebook at this point..

Also - love this fan-art

Arrow-season2-lazaruspit.png

Despite the fact that I was all alone, and there was no-one to hear it, this week's episode actually made me shout "What the shit?!!" at the television. And then "Oh FUCK OFF!" a minute later when the credits rolled.

Amazing telly. Arrow and Flash are absolutely on fire right now.

• Upvote 5

Wow, definitely a pretty good mid-season finale.

Spoilers/complete speculation:-

I really didn't expect them to end it like that. I assumed the fight would wait until the next episode or it would to be continued part way through. It was short and brutal, but an excellent way to avoid going for the obvious cliff hanger.

Will be interesting to see what they do next. Arrow has so far managed to avoid cheapening itself, it's been pretty restrained with drip feeding in powers over and above general human abilities and has avoided the danger of making the feel of deaths too cheap.

I don't want Oliver to go but bringing him back in the next episode could feel cheap. That said I don't want Oliver to just be a part of flashbacks either.

Bringing him back in another wordly sort of way would at least allow him to upgrade powers wise slightly, which would make him more of a competitor amongst the flash e.t.c.

Does the flash ever get time travel type powers (hopefully not too over-powered?), would be great to tie in again with the flash intervening in the fight in some way.

Diggle will catch Oliver and give him the magic healing soup from season 1.

Spec

Or they'll be something with this magic mind control drug mentioned for the first time in this episode where Ra's is drugged to think he killed Olly or something

• Upvote 1

So last nights double bill was the best slice of TV action I have had in a long time. Absolutely superb cross over episode and the mid season finale, while kinda spoiled by Amells social media excitement, was superb. Can't wait to see where things pick up in a few weeks.

It was subtle but for me the highlight of both cross over episodes was

Cisco's line about Oliver and Barry being "in a league of their own". It just shows the confidence the producers and writers have in these characters and is a massive fuck you to the DC movie universe, which I love. Was proper cheering after it as it was so unexpected.

Just the Flash mid season finale to catch up on next week and it looks to be as good as what Arrow has delivered. Best thing on TV right now by a mile and so much to look forward to with the character roster growing every week. And most importantly, not just growing for the sake of it with the likes of Nick Tarabay turning in a stand out performance. I absolutely loved / hated him in Spartacus and he seems to have lost none of his evil charm in Arrow. Amazing stuff!!

With Flash and Suicide Six films planned (with different actors), have DC mentioned what they're going to do re the Arrowverse ?

Are they going to keep the Cinema and TV universes running seperately ?

Re the last episode of Arrow

Odds on a Lazarus Pit for rejuvinating Oliver ?

I stopped part way through S1, is there any place I can easily catch up? Virgin Media seems to only have S3E7 & 8. :(

This show really is everything Agents of SHIELD utterly failed to be.

Laurel is still terrible compared to Sara though :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Odds on a Lazarus Pit for rejuvinating Oliver ?

Got to be, sure there was a scene earlier on the show with a map in the background (think it was when Arrow was preparing to leave) that appeared to show some pit like shapes at where he was going.

Loving the show (and Flash). But seriously get Diggle a mask or something.

Also kind of bothers me about how many people know, or have known, that Oliver is The Arrow, off the top of my head there's; Diggle, Felicity, Roy, Mrs Diggle, Laurel, Sara (RIP), Huntress, Merlin, Flash, Cisco, Caitlyn, Wells, Joe, Amanda Waller, Ra's - his daughter and army of ninjas, Slade, Deadshot... So much for keeping it a secret. And yet he Captain Lance isn't allowed to know, isn't smart enough to work it out.

To be fair it was pretty much said in Season 2 that Lance didn't care who was under the mask and he realised the Arrow was important to the city, not who was under the hood. I don't think it's "not smart enough" as opposed to "doesn't care" (similar to Gordon/Batman in the comics)

Got to be, sure there was a scene earlier on the show with a map in the background (think it was when Arrow was preparing to leave) that appeared to show some pit like shapes at where he was going.

Loving the show (and Flash). But seriously get Diggle a mask or something.

Also kind of bothers me about how many people know, or have known, that Oliver is The Arrow, off the top of my head there's; Diggle, Felicity, Roy, Mrs Diggle, Laurel, Sara (RIP), Huntress, Merlin, Flash, Cisco, Caitlyn, Wells, Joe, Amanda Waller, Ra's - his daughter and army of ninjas, Slade, Deadshot... So much for keeping it a secret. And yet he Captain Lance isn't allowed to know, isn't smart enough to work it out.

And also

Tommy and Moira.. (RIP x2)

Not usually a fan of this sort of thing.. but it's nicely put together..

• Upvote 1

That's made me really want a Batman TV series (not Gotham) from the same people giving us Arrow and Flash.

Wasn't Nightwing supposed to be appearing in Arrow this season?

There were rumors last year, but it seemed to be mostly wishful thinking..

Besides, it looks like Nightwing is most likely to appear in the Teen Titans series TNT is supposed to be developing..

Thankfully that network is affiliated with the same parent company as the CW - as is the network doing the Supergirl show.. so it's not impossible that both of those could conceivably crossover with Arrow and Flash..

Plus the boost in ratings both those shows got from their crossover event can't hurt the prospect..