rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ckny

John Terry retires from international football

Jumped before he was pushed, in all likelihood. Strange, I always thougt international football was about representing your country, not your football association.

Get the Ferdinand brothers on the pitch for San Marino!

• Upvote 3

I hadnt realised that UEFA made him wear his Chelsea kit in the CL final in case they won, not JT himself. He even laughed about the stick he took on the program on Sky.

I find it all a bit strange that he's now finally decided that the FA have made his position untenable. They've stuck with him through the shitty things he's done, and now he they seem to be drawing the line he decided he's out.

Typical. John Terry, stealing my thunder. I also retired from International football as, at the age of 36, I felt it right to allow youth to get that chance and, after receiving 0 caps, I also felt I would take the pressure off the manager every time we had a game coming up. I emailed Roy Hodgson on Friday and he hasn't even replied. I'm glad I retired if that's what he's like.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Which as they pointed out in Football Weekly he's definitely going to be found guilty at the hearing, the FA has something like a 99% conviction rate

And so he should be. He's already admitted using those words, which is the actual offence the FA have charged him over, not the meaning or intent of those words. If that's good enough to fuck Suarez over, then it's good enough for Terry (despite all the pleas from the same journalists who villified the former during his hearing).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Typical. John Terry, stealing my thunder. I also retired from International football as, at the age of 36, I felt it right to allow youth to get that chance and, after receiving 0 caps, I also felt I would take the pressure off the manager every time we had a game coming up. I emailed Roy Hodgson on Friday and he hasn't even replied. I'm glad I retired if that's what he's like.

Personally I retired the same day as andy cole.

No one can answer it definitively until the report comes out. Initial feeling is that Suarez got more for repetition. But yeah, we have to wait until the FA publish their report.

I don't get how he can be 'cleared' of this in a court of law yet found guilty by the 'FA'?? Anyone care to explain? :huh:

Two different burdens of proof. In court it has to be "beyond reasonable doubt". Magistrates said that even though Terry's version of events was 'unlikely', they couldn't dismiss it out of hand so found him not guilty. FA's burden of proof is lower, 'balance of probabilities'. Whole other can of worms but basically they can just go with whatever seems most likely.