IGNORED

PS+ Jan (Jan 7th): Infamous: First Light, The Swapper (PS4) Ducktales, Prototype 2 (PS3) Whoa Dave, Duke Nukem (Vita)

Timmo

Transistor is brilliant, as was Bastion. The execution on both was excellent, but that's just my opinion.

Oh, you're posting again now?

But yeah, I just can't find a way to have fun with Transistor. It has this battle system which could be amazing, and then it gives you bosses which can attack you from the other side of the screen with no graphical representation of the attack for you to try and avoid. I pretty much gave up on it being good right then. It has all the style of Bastion, and all the shite gameplay to go along with it. Opinions, though, I guess.

Not liking a game is fine, but your reasons for not liking it (at least the ones you've mentioned in here) basically boil down to you not being very good at it. Kinda like complaining that Dark Souls is too hard, whilst trying to kill Taurus Demon with your bare hands.

If you have PS+ and don't mind never actually owning anything and you don't mind being told which games you can play each month, there's literally no point ever buying PS games.

Fixed. ;) Having been on a trial of the service for a few weeks I quite like it, but there's no way I could stick to only ever playing the games that are offered to me.

Transistor is great and Bastion is rubbish. The turn based combat is fantastic.

Already have a lot of the PSPlus stuff this month, but don't care because it's an excellent line-up and I like to spend money to support developers.

Yakuza 4 is particularly brilliant to be on there as its quite hard to find copies of now, and hopefully will help sell Yakuza 5 to people and maybe we will get Yakuza Zero.

PSPlus is great.

Not liking a game is fine, but your reasons for not liking it (at least the ones you've mentioned in here) basically boil down to you not being very good at it. Kinda like complaining that Dark Souls is too hard, whilst trying to kill Taurus Demon with your bare hands.

I literally had a boss attack me from the other side of the screen with an attack which was invisible. I don't really see how that makes me "not very good at the game."

It's probably true, I'm probably not very good at it, but that has literally no bearing on what I described above. I just don't enjoy game design like that. If they want to allow me to move around and avoid attacks, surely it's reasonable to expect the attacks to be, well, for me to be able to see them? I don't think I'm being unreasonable, there. If it's not something that bothers you then you'll probably like Transistor because it has all the style you could ever want in a game, but it affects my enjoyment massively to the point where I can't even bear to play it.

I literally had a boss attack me from the other side of the screen with an attack which was invisible. I don't really see how that makes me "not very good at the game."

I literally never had that happen to me. Any time a boss attacked me, or hit me, it was my own fault for not seeing the cue and/or not using the correct Function for the situation.

Fixed. ;) Having been on a trial of the service for a few weeks I quite like it, but there's no way I could stick to only ever playing the games that are offered to me.

That's true, but I did specifically restrict it to just PS games. I have other consoles too :)

I literally never had that happen to me. Any time a boss attacked me, or hit me, it was my own fault for not seeing the cue and/or not using the correct Function for the situation.

Yep, I've no idea what toythatkills is referring to there. I mean, it's fine to dislike Transistor,* but that particular example just sounds, er, off. The joy of the combat system is that you always know what is coming, it's just a case of planning for it.

*I mean, obviously it means that you are wrong as it means you don't share my impeccable taste, but aside from that...

Never heard of Apotheon before - the art style reminds of an Ancient Greek themed platformer on Wiiware. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

If Transistor had gone on sale at any point then I probably would have bought it then, I just wasn't a huge fan of Bastion and couldn't justify paying full price for another game that looked like it might have the same failings. Pretty happy to see this one on the service.

Bit disappointed that Thief isn't the PS4 version but I though the demo was a bit crap anyway so not sure if I'll put much time into it.

I haven't even got a PS4 yet, but I've got a fair few good games waiting for when I do get one, thanks to PS Plus. It's great. Before I get a PS4, though, I'll have to get a PS3 to play the great games I've got for free for that, too.

I'm also glad that I saved myself from buying Rogue Legacy before now.

What a good month :)

I haven't even got a PS4 yet, but I've got a fair few good games waiting for when I do get one, thanks to PS Plus. It's great. Before I get a PS4, though, I'll have to get a PS3 to play the great games I've got for free for that, too.

I'm also glad that I saved myself from buying Rogue Legacy before now.

What a good month :)

Please tell me you've got a Vita!!?