Bayonetta II - Wii U Exclusive. EDGE 10.

Moz

People keep saying this as if it's some sort of surprise. Not enough people gave enough of a shit about the original for anyone to want a sequel, and the one company that did pick it up must know they won't sell hardly any copies of it to their relatively tiny userbase anyway. Yet despite all that it exists, so thank fuck for... I dunno, something romantic and idealistic that I wouldn't have thought existed any more.

I want to take this post out for a pint and toast to it's rude health.

The replayability in this demo is obscene. For a pure platinum you need to play perfectly across all three verses. Definitely not something most would try without any abilities purchased.

What''s the trick? Not getting hit and getting as much witch time as possible seems obvious, but is there a particular way you need to play for platinums? I could see that there were different punch/kick combos which ended with those attacks where monster bits appear out of the air, but couldn't get much beyond just using 4-5 hit combos on everything. Really enjoyed the demo and will pick it up now if I have the dosh when it comes out.

Nobuo's method works, but the images are low res.

No they're not - 1280x720 same as uploading to Tumblr.

And you don't need to download from Tumblr to upload to Imgur - just link to the picture on Tumblr.

After Saur's excellent work for the Official Bayonetta Guide and his wonderful system breakdowns for The Wonderful 101, he and other top Bayo players are working on the ultimate digital Bayonetta guide.

This should be very, very good.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/13/6957677/bayonetta-2-review-wii-u

7.5 and a lot of complaining about the overtly sexual nature of it. The first one made me feel a bit conscious of who was about while I was playing it, but I'm beyond caring now. Whether this is because of the whole feminist movement at the money is something I'm not touching with a fucking barge pole, but it makes you wonder.

Or not, fuck knows.

Eurogamer review. 9/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-13-bayonetta-2-review

The rhythm of combat remains the same, though it's hard to complain when it's riffing off such a heady beat, where chimed enemy attacks are lithely dodged into slo-mo pugilism, where impossible combos culminate with a 20-foot boot weaved from hair crashing from the heavens and where spinning amidst the avalanche of colour and cartoon violence is Bayonetta herself, stopping only briefly to wink at a player exhausted by the unrelenting joy of it all. Bayonetta 2's biggest disappointment may be that it's an iterative sequel, but it's not such a problem when it's iterating on genius.

Gamespot: 10/10

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bayonetta-2-review/1900-6415911/

Bayonetta 2's combat is so expertly constructed, and its presentation so joyously insane, that you'd have to try so very hard to get bored of it all. In a year filled with the promise of ever more elaborate experiences on all the shiny new hardware, that Bayonetta 2--a homage to classic game design and escapism--should be the most fun I've had playing a game all year is unexpected. But maybe it shouldn't have been. After all, its predecessor still stands as one of the finest games of its genre. To have surpassed that with Bayonetta 2, and to have created a game that will be remembered as an absolute classic, is nothing short of astonishing.

Destructoid: 10/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-bayonetta-2-282252.phtml

Bayonetta 2 doesn't linger whenever a new concept is introduced, which is a pretty big accomplishment since it's running on all cylinders throughout. Whether it's flying through the air in a special boss fight or piloting a mech, the game keeps you interested throughout its 12 chapters without re-using mechanics over and over. The level design is still reminiscent of Devil May Cry orGod Hand in that its semi-open, allowing for a good deal of exploration and hidden treasures. There's also more underwater parts this time around -- don't worry, they're good.

Videogamer: 9/10

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/bayonetta_2_review.html

It's everything I want from a hardcore Nintendo title, offering genre-leading combat and eye-popping visual spectacle. The fact that Bayonetta 2 delivers the goods is no surprise. Nintendo being the firm behind its continued survival, however, is a surprise we should be very grateful for.

jlg03dxlpJO0u.png

GotY right there, folks.

Never really got the sexist complaints. Bayonetta is a female power fantasy if anything, it's incredibly playful, over the top and self-aware. I thought Leigh Alexander was spot-on for once.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110607152912/http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/213466/bayonetta-empowering-or-exploitative/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/13/6957677/bayonetta-2-review-wii-u

7.5 and a lot of complaining about the overtly sexual nature of it. The first one made me feel a bit conscious of who was about while I was playing it, but I'm beyond caring now. Whether this is because of the whole feminist movement at the money is something I'm not touching with a fucking barge pole, but it makes you wonder.

Or not, fuck knows.

There's a point where you go so far around to being what you think is a feminist when actually you are talking about being offended and embarrassed by a naked woman because eww that's weird. Did someone walk in on this reviewer with their pants down or what? She's a 30 something(unusual for a game no?) looking witch dominatrix with really odd Olive Oyl limbs who is the protagonist and is pretty tough both mentally and physically. This is what we already know, its on the box (i havent seen the box). And its actually how witches are described in a lot of folklore as "attractive" (but)long limbed often naked figures.Which the game kind of makes fun of by embarassing you with embarrassing camera angles. Youre supposed to be embarrassed and a bit confused, I think it may be the point. "Cant we just have a normal witch that is old and wrinkly and wears a black cape like in Disney and she is green because I wont look silly playing that game when she's girating down a pole "

I can see where Polygon is coming from though. There's enough lingering shots on her crotch and ass that even I was embarrassed. In fact it reminded me a lot of Lollipop Chainsaw, another game that seemed to be targeted squarely at 14-year old boys. Maybe I'm just getting old for certain videogames.

I can see why it's getting good scores because the fighting really is superb, but personally it feels like way too much of a retread of the original for me to give it more than an 8.

ffs

It's a 9+ game fo sho.

What did you give Resident Evil 6 again?

I've read a chunk of the Polygon review, and I completely disagree with Gies's interpretation of the game's overt sexual style as sexist. Bayonetta is a sexually confident character, who uses her own sexuality as a potent weapon against her enemies. Her sexuality is her own, she's not a victim of it being foist upon her, and it's not something which is being exploited for anyone else's ends. She revels in it, uses it, and commands it to devastating effect.

As mrpranny hinted at, I think the feminist movement is in danger of tipping the scales, and giving license to the criticism of happy, sexy women, who are confident enough to enjoy it and indeed... flaunt it.

I've read a chunk of the Polygon review, and I completely disagree with Gies's interpretation of the game's overt sexual style as sexist. Bayonetta is a sexually confident character, who uses her own sexuality as a potent weapon against her enemies. Her sexuality is her own, she's not a victim of it being foist upon her, and it's not something which is being exploited for anyone else's ends. She revels in it, uses it, and commends it to devastating effect.

As mrpranny hinted at, I think the feminist movement is in danger of tipping the scales, and giving license to the criticism of happy, sexy women, who are confident enough to enjoy it and indeed... flaunt it.

Yep, I'm not at all blaming the feminist movement though, just what seems to be a misinterpretation of it by some people who forget that femenist protesters often walk around with their boobs out for some reason.

Yep, I'm not at all blaming the feminist movement though, just what seems to be a misinterpretation of it by some people who forget that femenist protesters often walk around with their boobs out for some reason.

Oh absolutely. Feminism in the sense of an equal rights movement, I'm in full support of, but when you're white knighting for Bayonetta, I think it's time to take a step back, and reassess what it is you're actually looking to achieve.

I can see where people are coming from regarding Bayonatta's appearance and camera angles, but they never mention the way she interacts with the three male characters in the first game ('Danny DeVito', Rodin and the other guy....). She has them dancing to her tune from start to finish.

Plus there ain't no shame in kicking ass and looking good doing it - It's what the game's about!

I'm addicted to that sultry face she pulls when summoning the big fang demon which kills Gomorrah (360 QTE).

I need a .gif of it so I can stop playing the demo. Besides that I'm desperate to see what the Pure Plat. trophy looks like... argh!