Bayonetta II - Wii U Exclusive. EDGE 10.

Moz

Yeah, how do you do those combos with a gap in them. For example: AAA.A

What's the dot signify? Is it a pause? How long a pause? Is it after the third attack animation? I can't seem to get them right no matter what I do.

Not sure if it helps (or even if it's right lol), but somebody posted this on GAF:

During pause combos Bayonetta's character model will flash blue (accompanied by a little sound effect), which is your cue for the next input (meaning if you're doing PP.P, she'll flash blue while you're pausing after the second punch)

Sounds like a Mavis Beacon game.

Mavis Beacon Frenzied Typing: Gusset Edition

Another thing you can do is fire the guns to keep the combo running, so you could do:

Taunting (d-pad down) will also put the combo timer on hold. As well as that it will enrage the enemies which gives you a score bonus upon attacking them, they will also attack you like crazy meaning you can maintain Witch Time pretty much indefinitely, multiplying the score even further.

Incidentally that's the only way you can get a Platinum rank on the demo.

For anyone sick of the tutorial it can be skipped with the start menu. That took me a while to twig. ._.

Also, has anyone worked out a quick-skip for cutscenes? Holding back and pressing start insta-skipped them on Bayo 1, but not on this demo.

Excuse my idiocy but is PKP literally just Punch>Kick>Punch? It's not shorthand for a type of combo?

That's right. The timing is loose too, and it's actually good practice to hold the buttons down slightly longer than you would in another fighting game.

Thought that might be it, was going to try switching weapon a bit too because you can't taunt the two boss sections can you? Not tried to be honest.

Yeah, you can. Trying to work out how to crack the score on the mid-boss. The scoring quota on this demo is strict to say the least.

You sure can. 360+Punch with the sword against enraged racks up crazy scores, toggle Umbran Climax for even more with insane range and damage.

Platinuming these scores is in the bag. The positioning is completely different now however. You can't just hang out behind enemies because they hoof you with absolutely no tell at all, you have to be a lot more careful. Needless to say I'm taking hits through pushing the boat out too far in terms of offence. It's a tight-rope.

Never played the original, but I'm enjoying the demo.

Really does feel like an old Skool beat em up, like Golden Axe or Double Dragon but with everything turned up to 11. And with tits.

However, I can't help but feel that a lot of current gamers just won't give a shit about it...

And it's annoying that it's limited to 15 plays when it's only the first level....

Totally reminds me of the demo of the first game where I was left thinking, "Surely the whole game can't keep this up?".

Pretty sure I've already decided to stick to the pro controller, never looked at the screen once during my first play through.

Thank god it's only two weeks to wait.

However, I can't help but feel that a lot of current gamers just won't give a shit about it...

People keep saying this as if it's some sort of surprise. Not enough people gave enough of a shit about the original for anyone to want a sequel, and the one company that did pick it up must know they won't sell hardly any copies of it to their relatively tiny userbase anyway. Yet despite all that it exists, so thank fuck for... I dunno, something romantic and idealistic that I wouldn't have thought existed any more.