Bayonetta II - Wii U Exclusive. EDGE 10.

Moz

And if any of you cooing over this demo haven't played The Wonderful 101 yet, do it now! It's basically the same thing but with loads of little people instead of hair.

Personally, I really dont think they're that interchangeable so it's not a given that if you like one you'll like the other.

Also, fuck me I just realised I bought a pro controller for this ages ago... Where is it?!

I think they fucked up with the layout of the pro controller, it'd be good for fps games but it's not that sort of machine so the buttons should take precedence to the right stick and it's a shame because it feels great otherwise. Keep pressing x when the prompt is y just because it feels like it's in the right place :( Probably had to lay it out as is because of copyright or some bollocks anyway.

I think they fucked up with the layout of the pro controller, it'd be good for fps games but it's not that sort of machine so the buttons should take precedence to the right stick and it's a shame because it feels great otherwise. Keep pressing x when the prompt is y just because it feels like it's in the right place :( Probably had to lay it out as is because of copyright or some bollocks anyway.

haven't Nintendo consoles always been that layout though?

haven't Nintendo consoles always been that layout though?

It's the location rather than the layout if you're referring to abxy. On any other controller the location of the top button (x in this case) would be more where you'd be feeling for the left button. Just something to get used to, but it seems pointless apart from to differentiate from existing joypads from competitors. Well, Microsoft mainly.

It's exactly the same as Bayonetta.

It's absolutely not exactly the same. There are some major overhauls to the system intricacies which will now require the implementation of mixing dodges into your combos in order to keep them going. Creative player types will no longer be able to go into bread&butter strings because of enemy combo breaking and other interuptions, forcing the player to react and adapt, and blend back into the combo with a different string. Basically you should still be able to mash through Normal modes, but the 'endgame' difficulties are likely going to ask for everything this time around as opposed to being sandbox like Bayo 1.

Then there's the Umbran Climax, which probably does something major to everything.

So, I'd say it's basically the same. ;p

Amazing demo, loved it. I found it easier to play on the gamepad though, which surprised me. It was, as previously mentioned, the placement of the buttons in the pro controller. Kept messing up a simple Y tap, I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Gold, Gold, Silver was the best results I got after 2 plays through. Feel like I need to rest my hands for a few hours now!

I keep getting Silver, Gold, Silver. I keep fluffing the dodges so know where I'm going wrong with combos at least (keep pressing ZL instead of ZR).

Love the Torture Attacks. Only managed two variants so far, but can't wait to find more.

The treadmill with the spiked crushers and stringing them up via hooks and chains.

Another thing you can do is fire the guns to keep the combo running, so you could do:

AAA(hold)A to get the same combo as AAAA or AAA(hold)(wait a fraction)A to do the AAA.A with the same thing going on. Then get onto AAA(hold)(dodge)A and hey presto you're doing that dodge offset stuff.

And then it gets to an actual battle and I forget how to do my go-to basic launcher, never mind the rest :lol: