Bayonetta II - Wii U Exclusive. EDGE 10.

Moz

I wonder if Nintendo approached Platinum about Bayonetta or if Platinum were shopping it around to get funding ? Very curious to see how it got greenlighted, especially due to Sega publishing the first one (though I guess they didn't own the IP)

Either way a sequel to Bayonetta is good news. Woop!

I wonder if Nintendo approached Platinum about Bayonetta or if Platinum were shopping it around to get funding ? Very curious to see how it got greenlighted, especially due to Sega publishing the first one (though I guess they didn't own the IP)

Either way a sequel to Bayonetta is good news. Woop!

They own the rights to all the games PG developed for them, their name is right there on the bottom right, and Viewtiful Joe 2 and DMC2 would say to keep expectations tempered, also ironically being sequels to a Hideki Kamiya directed original done at the same studio.

They own the rights to all the games PG developed for them, their name is right there on the bottom right, and Viewtiful Joe 2 and DMC2 would say to keep expectations tempered, also ironically being sequels to a Hideki Kamiya directed original done at the same studio.

I'm not sure why you're bringing Viewtiful Joe 2 and DMC2 into this since they weren't Platinum made games though sure some of the core folk were involved. Plus I thought Viewtiful Joe 2 was great and yeah whilst DMC 2 was utter pish the same director went on to make DMC3 so I'd like to think that was just a misstep at the time for Capcom.

Of course we shall see but I'm pretty hopeful :)

This is turning out to be like the Capcom 5 4 but Nintendo have learned the lesson from that debacle, and this time are paying out for the games directly to ensure they don't get done over by all the sellable ones turning up on a rival console a short while after, we just need a Grasshopper exclusive to complete the set, they'll have to make do without Mikami this time.

I'm not sure why you're bringing Viewtiful Joe 2 and DMC2 into this since they weren't Platinum made games though sure some of the core folk were involved. Plus I thought Viewtiful Joe 2 was great and yeah whilst DMC 2 was utter pish the same director went on to make DMC3 so I'd like to think that was just a misstep at the time for Capcom.

Of course we shall see but I'm pretty hopeful :)

Because it's the same basic situation and talent pool involved maybe. Don't think Kamiya thinks VJ2 lived up to the standard he set, and this continues the trend of people making sequels to his games instead of him, something he seems a bit miffed about in interviews.

This is turning out to be like the Capcom 5 4 but Nintendo have learned the lesson from that debacle, and this time are paying out for the games directly to ensure they don't get done over by all the sellable ones turning up on a rival console a short while after, we just need a Grasshopper exclusive to complete the set, they'll have to make do without Mikami this time.

I'm quite sure Suda-san is already on the job :) Next to Killer is Dead, that is.