IGNORED

Is Videogaiden/consolevania on its way back?

memories

and blip tv if you hates itunes - http://blip.tv/consolevania

Well that's just made my day. I didn't see a lot of consolevania back in the day - being a tech-n00b and not understanding the whole torrenting stuff. Seen most of what you can find on Youtube over the years (Fuck off, Batman!), quite a bit of the last series of CV and loved Videogaiden when that was on the TV. Oh and Burnistoun is reet good, like.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Probably worth mentioning that I joined this site after watching consolevania in full on youtube. I'd always known about it because there'd be Scottish lads on other sites I used who used to talk about it but I never watched it until 2 years ago.

For a user generated content site youtube really is lacking in the creativity and good writing seen in pre-youtube series like Consolevania and Pure Pwnage. I'm not surprised these took so long to make either, they really went in on production value.

Rab remains the only person I know of to have blocked me on Twitter, the touchy bugger; I'm pleasantly surprised he managed to get over himself enough to make up with Ryan. It'll be nice to have a new VG after all this time!

So what was the fight they had exactly?

I always assumed it was over the last episode of Consolevania, or that that was a part of it, like maybe they had an bust up prior to making it or while making it, and that Rab changed some of it at the last minute because of that.

The bit of it that is just Rab talking over footage of the best games of 2008 according to Rab, he sounds half lit, and emotional and a angry at times, he talks about being sick of reviewing games and deciding to wrap CV up.

I've long suspected he might have decided to wrap it up without running it by Ryan first and that that lead from a minor (relatively) bust up, to a major falling out.

Probably dead wrong. But I love that bit of the last episode and have watched it probably a hundred times.

I still can't quite shake the feeling it's a troll.

Rab and Ryan have buried he hatchet either way. Which warms my cold, cynical heart.

Q1 2016, seems really unlikely, unless they've been working on it for months. Which they might have been. Would explain the massive gap between chuckiedreggs episodes.

So I dunno. Maybe.

Still, can't quite bring myself to believe it.

Lets be honest, this will probably be due to rab being on the way down, not ryan on the way up. You don't get a lot of money or fame for a niche bbc show, they'd probably make more money off it going out on youtube tbh. Anyway I'm a cynical twat so what do I know.