IGNORED

Is Videogaiden/consolevania on its way back?

memories

I remember (not in consolevania/videogaiden, probably Burnistoun, but unlikely) some sketch with a psychic cat (he could see into the mind of a cat & the vile repercussions) Does anybody remember anything more? It was f*king brilliant

Burnistoun series 1, I think.

I loved Consolevania. I don't suppose they're up anywhere for http download? I doubt anybody's seeding the torrents. :(

Could probably put them on a few DVDs retro style if you'd like ( the original bad quality ones not the youtube bad quality ones!). If you check the CV forum there were some guys putting together a set with menus and stuff. No idea how far that got as I jumped ship to here to lurk instead.

Pardon my ignorance, but my only experience of Consolevania was their video review of Little Big Planet. It kicked off with a pathetic, puerile intro with some fat Scottish twat joking about kissing his sackboy better. Then it moved on to said fat Scottish twat spouting the phrase, "It's a masterpiece!", over and over.

It was fucking awful. So, yeah, pardon my ignorance, but why do so many people love Consolevania?

Because of "dump the pies." You Welsh bawbag.

Oh and this....

• 2 weeks later...

The fact they knew not only a lot about games, but a lot about proper pro wrestling too (Puro etc), and they were / are genuinely funny to boot just nailed it for me. i've watched consolevania seasons 1 and 2 countless times. Come back, 2012/2013 needs you Rab and co!

I'm pretty certain that I discovered this tune thanks to the lads featuring it on either CV or VG, so for that I am eternally grateful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3-3k_kd0e0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yes, Consolevania using Tom Waits' Anywhere I Lay My Head is the reason I ended up getting a hold of Rain Dogs. Utterly obsessed with the man now.

Someone over on the CV forums was going to put all of CV and VG on DVDs for me and then never heard back from them :(

Hearing people at my work quoting Burnistoun was pretty surreal, sitting in the tea room and hearing 'FOR REAL' being belted out as a reply to something is not uncommon.

I hope Rab does so something videogames related soon, he mentions it often on Twitter enough!