IGNORED

Is Videogaiden/consolevania on its way back?

memories

Biglime hasn't posted here for years now but has recently had a weekly column on Eurogamer running. The latest one is about gaming tv shows and as we all know Consolevania was one of the best and Videogaiden not far behind it.

His last sentence set an alarm bell going though.

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-05-lost-humanity-11-games-tv-again

Is he going to try and bring it back somehow? Would love to see something similar on our screens again

No way Rab is going back to it, no way.

For fans of the show we do a ConCon every year (sometimes twice a year) where we hire a community hall near Ibrox, pack it with games, booze and munchies, and get wrecked and vidyageme. Normally end up out the back playing 5 a sides tho.

We just had the 5th one about 2 months ago. We had Kenny turn up for the very first one, and Rab turned up in the pub beforehand at 4.

It's good.

Burnistoun is hit n miss for me - sometimes I think it's genius, and other times rubbish (Jolly Boy John - but some catchphrase lovers I know love him).

I hope he does make a new show and him and Ryan are in it again, like pals.

Also, I hope it's just one six hour long show consisting of a static, frame-filling shot of Rab's entire head, with his expression changing as he's shown different game boxes. It should air on BBC 2 every single night from 1am until seven in the morning.

I really hope so! Reviews stand up really well, i look back on them every now and again and well amusing... If you follow him on twitter he was in London the past few days... hopefully in White City! (bbc) (do not check twitter all the time but he did mention soho :P)

Nice try, son.

Dude, I'm pretty sure he's being sincere - I certainly understood it as a dig at the dull, technical video reviews that make up the majority of video reviews.

(that said, for the benefit of dng: clippa was routinely attacked on here for his regular posting about technical deficiencies - particularly fov - in PC conversions of games, so it is understandable that he mistook your post for another attack)

clippa's boring persecution complex rears its pimply head once more!

Pardon my ignorance, but my only experience of Consolevania was their video review of Little Big Planet. It kicked off with a pathetic, puerile intro with some fat Scottish twat joking about kissing his sackboy better. Then it moved on to said fat Scottish twat spouting the phrase, "It's a masterpiece!", over and over.

It was fucking awful. So, yeah, pardon my ignorance, but why do so many people love Consolevania?

You can only be reductionist to a point before it's you that looks a bit rubbish.

Pardon my ignorance, but my only experience of Consolevania was their video review of Little Big Planet. It kicked off with a pathetic, puerile intro with some fat Scottish twat joking about kissing his sackboy better. Then it moved on to said fat Scottish twat spouting the phrase, "It's a masterpiece!", over and over.

It was fucking awful. So, yeah, pardon my ignorance, but why do so many people love Consolevania?

You saw one review during the last few weeks Ran was doing CV. They generally weren't up to much by that point and you can see why they packed it in shortly after. Try some of the previous three seasons, or the specials.

Because the reviews were genuinely put across from the viewpoint of people who love and actually play loads of games. I'm sure youre probably just watching it wrong or something. I dont remember that particular review.