HOLD IT! Phoenix Wright 5 announced for 3DS

HarMGM

The revolving around the courtroom bit is well done. Especially with earphones and 3D on.

And I do like the animations, but not the repetition, Ditto with the sound effects, every time something of vague interest happens there's that "SCHWING" sound.

I'll just plough on with this case, it's dull but hopefully just a one off.

4GB is enough. You don't need to store the credit card.

brill that was what I was worrid about, its £20 right and how big is the game as well? I want to download it but how long will it take?, is it a couple of gigs?

It's about 4000 blocks, however much that is. Took less than half an hour (not sure how long, I did it in sleep mode) on a 10 meg connection.

EDIT: 4000 blocks is about half a gig, apparently.

Yeah, I figured as much when I played the demo, which is why I've just taken into my possession a copy of Apollo Justice (cost a tenner, though it's a hideous European box so I'm still half-wishing I'd paid more for a NA/Jap version). As soon as I finish Trials & Tribulations [just finished the first trial of the last case] I'll be playing through that. And then, finally, I can play Dual Destinies :wub:

(seriously, I'm so glad it came out and gave me the impetus to finally get past Justice for All's weak opening and get through the rest of the series. Totally worth it for JFA's amazing final case, never mind the twists and turns of T&T)

No prosecutor will ever beat Edgeworth's swagger or Godot's effortless badassery, but Blackquill's lack of fuck-givings was very entertaining as well :)

Just finished the second case. Surprised by how long it was :) It wasn't as good as I hoped it'd be, but it definitely got me pumped for the remaining cases.

2 is definitely the weakest case. After that it just keeps ramping up to an epic finale.

I liked Phoenix's comment about his 'locked room' case that involved his assistant and the prosecutor who kept cracking her whip. Triggered a nice fuzzy nostalgia feeling :)

I like the notes that Apollo takes as well, I'd got myself stuck in a typical Phoenix way and it prompted me to show someone some evidence (that I thought I already had, tbh). Although what was a bit weird was mayor Tenma not responding to some evidence until I'd spoken to him first, which was a bit annoying.

End of Case 4 semi-spoiler. No details but don't read it unless you have passed that point anyway.

Wow, that coup de théâtre was executed just perfectly. The writing and (what I suppose you would call) dramatic timing is spot on in this one.

Just finished Trials and Tribulations - good stuff (though I found the ending to Justice for All more dramatic, mostly as I'd worked out was what going on with T&T long before the end, so it somewhat lacked for tension); I'll be tackling Apollo Justice over the next week before finally getting to play Dual Destinies. So far I've played more than 42 hours of Phoenix Wright over the course of two weeks - feels good, man.

Finished it. Excellent stuff, and a bit return to form, as good as the first three, which really surprised me given how disappointing AA4 and AAI were. A great overall story with some actual emotional weight, no glaringly bad cases*, and some wonderfully convoluted scenarios. That final case was just tremendous. The only things I didn't like would have to be that at a few points I was ahead of the game in working out stuff, the sloppy typos, grammatical errors, syntax errors and usage of the wrong words... and the terrible FMV sequences.

Spoilers, only to be read by those who have finished it:

The scene where Athena tried to use the robot machine to 'repair' her mum was just about the most fucked up thing I can remember in these games.

The Fulbright twist was so well done. Just like the twist where Athena was accused at the end of Case 4, they got the build up and timing of the reveal just perfect. I had just sat on the toilet when it happened, which seemed appropriate.

PS this bit of music is fucking great

*Case 2 is a bit annoying, takes way too long to get to the conclusion, but it wraps up really well.