HOLD IT! Phoenix Wright 5 announced for 3DS

HarMGM

Where's the pic from?, can't find any info about it.

According to 'my friend' it was on the front page of http://www.court-records.net/ but its now been taken down. He originally linked this one and I'd asked him to keep an eye out for a full-size one when it was available, which is the one above:

http://i.imgur.com/AfjOm.jpg

It could be a older pic and not from this event, for all I know. Just what he told me.

Amazing. How far did you get through the series? I LOVE AA but the trial-and-error nature annoyed me even when I was constantly saving/turning off/reloading - if I had to restart the whole section every time it would have gone out the window.

There's no trial and error - not if you look carefully at the dialogue and evidence.

Well, there is trial of course :)

There's no trial and error - not if you look carefully at the dialogue and evidence.

Well, there is trial of course :)

Ah, come on - you have to at least admit there are some really awkwardly worded parts, and some parts where you can't present the decisive bit of evidence (even though it makes sense) because you have to present a lesser piece beforehand.

Anyway, love that picture above. Missile! Shame there's no Mia ... actually, that's what I want - a prequel with Mia Fey and Marvin Grossberg as your bumbling assistant! You could shoehorn Godot/Armando in there somewhere too.

• 7 months later...

Just confirmed by Andriasang.

This week's Famitsu is a must for Ace Attorney fans. The magazine has looks at two Ace Attorney games: Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine confirms the sequel's platform as 3DS and reveals that Phoenix Wright is the main character. Wright has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game.

2-2ani-aiga-wah-ha-ha.gif

So much for Apollo then. But what will Phoenix do without his trusty friend Mr. Hat?

Andriasang has a few more details:

Ace Attorney 5 is set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4 and sees Phoenix Wright return to being a lawyer. The game's first chapter involves

an explosion at the courthouse. The charged is a high school girl named Shinobu. She's very weak and can go into spasms at any moment.

In the courtroom, Wright will face off against

Winston Payne's brother.

Famitsu has just three screenshots, but they hint at some new gameplay systems. Like Layton vs Ace Attorney, the game will have fully 3D characters. It appears that you'll be able to select to give certain facial expressions during testimony, as there are facial expression icons on the lower screen.

Of course, right?

I'm pretty excited. I think I still have a little bit left to finish off on Apollo Justice (which I've been enjoying almost as much as the others) and I haven't played the Miles Edgeworth game at all. I am now officially reminded that I love those games.

I just wish when you deleted your saves you could also delete your own memory and play the games as new.

I'm pretty excited. I think I still have a little bit left to finish off on Apollo Justice (which I've been enjoying almost as much as the others) and I haven't played the Miles Edgeworth game at all. I am now officially reminded that I love those games.

I just wish when you deleted your saves you could also delete your own memory and play the games as new.

To be honest the Edgeworth game isn't great. Certainly not essential.

Anyway, I'm currently without either of the new handhelds and I was all ready to put my proverbial eggs in the Vita basket because of PSO, but now this ... THIS. Hopefully by time this comes out there'll be a 3DS Lite EX3 or something so the original can be picked up for peanuts.

Woah, that's some amazing news. A whole new Ace Attorney game, the awful Apollo Justice dropped, no Edgeworth spinoff and just good ol' Phoenix and the Judge? Let's just hope it'll see a timely release in Europe, as the happy days of importing the Japanese version from Play-Asia are over with those fucking region locks :(