HOLD IT! Phoenix Wright 5 announced for 3DS

HarMGM

It's funny, it's both incredibly streamlined, but also considerably longer. Honestly, I think it's gone too far in the other direction, where there's almost no point giving me the option of where to go because it tells me where I need to be anyway (and in some cases just takes you straight there).

And it has spurred me on to play through these 3 again

I'm surprised how little I remember of the original games. That picture someone posted a few pages back with all the characters - I struggled to recall half of them. Of course this just means it's time for a Phoenix Wright binge. I'm pretty sure I never even finished Justice For All.

I'm surprised how little I remember of the original games. That picture someone posted a few pages back with all the characters - I struggled to recall half of them. Of course this just means it's time for a Phoenix Wright binge. I'm pretty sure I never even finished Justice For All.

You should as the final case is arguably the best in the series although the third one in the circus is one of the poorer ones and does tend to drag a bit but play through to the last case it's worth it.

You know what, I'm only halfway or so through case 2 but I really think this 3DS version is where the series comes of age. The power of the machine has allowed them to give it a much more cinematic air, the animation is just incredible and they've been given the chance to build environments and make the court room come alive in a way it never has before.

Even if you don't normally use 3D I suggest turning it on its lowest setting here, it's not very angle sensitive at that setting but the little added depth really helps out the look of the game.

This feels like the machine the series was waiting for.

I am kind of skimming through bits of this and am pleased to see it picks up, because I am on Day 2 of the second chapter and... I'm a little bit bored. It makes the criminal obvious at the very start and then utterly crawls through its paces. That characters involved are quite fun though.

I still have my collection of the first trilogy and Apollo Justice on my shelf :) - really pleased we got a new one to play.

Finished this on the train this morning and been trying to watch the end credits over various portions of the day.

It was highly enjoyable throughout, but I did experience a personal dip in enjoyment in the 3rd case. This was MORE than compensated for in cases 4 & 5, so I'm all good with that.

Roll on DLC!

Just got to the erm.... (for fear of spoilers) bit where something revolting happens wink wink.

AMAZE!

For a minute I was really thinking that everything in this had been a bit too sign posted and hand holdy and although I still think that to a degree, I didn't see this whole bit happening at all!

I bloody love Phoenix :D