IGNORED

HOLD IT! Phoenix Wright 5 announced for 3DS

HarMGM

Stop talking about the cases.

I played the first and half the second then this one and it's absolutely fine. There is a consistency across the series but the new one looks so nice and has so many evolved ideas that I'm gonna struggle to go back to the ones I missed.

It's good fun. Just started case 3.

I have to agree with Bacon. For me the Case 2 preamble was a bit long winded. Case 3 more than makes up for it. Tighter writing and a better set of characters are making it much more enjoyable for me personally.

Zipping through it as well. Day 1 in court done, going to spend a couple of hours after work finishing it today if I can.

I've only just started erm... the fourth one? (Sol) and if anything, I sort of miss the weird bits at the start when you're just pottering about, I'm not sure if it's a little bit too streamlined for my liking. Although it can limit those odd getting stuck moments, sometimes you get a really obvious 'I now better ask him about THAT EVIDENCE I JUST FOUND' rather than you feeling like you're bloody Sherlock for working it out.

Just cleared the third case. 13:45 on the clock so far. Bloody hellfire. I don't remember the previous games being so long-winded.

I wish I could have just pointed at you know who from the start of the third case and say "It was clearly that person. Can I get them on the stand now?" And skipped to the end.

sometimes its difficult to suspend from reality though - witnesses lie all the time and all the judge says is that they might be arrested for perjury (but then do it again and they dont), evidence that changes the course of the case introduced at the last moment, witnesses that come from nowhere intervening the witness on stand. It's rarely logical.

Really enjoying this (barring the anime cut-scenes, which are excruciating). It looks glorious and it's had me laughing out loud on many occasions.

I don't understand, though, why the script is STILL full of typos. As always, it's a really good translation, it's been done with considerable skill and care. Yet it's full of ridiculous little grammatical errors and incorrectly-used words that really stand out. I mean, honestly, the game's pretty linear, all they need to do is get one pedant with a decent command of English to run through it before release and they'd pick up 99% of the little errors. I'd do it for free. Why does every game in this series get released in this state?

Really enjoying this (barring the anime cut-scenes, which are excruciating). It looks glorious and it's had me laughing out loud on many occasions.

I don't understand, though, why the script is STILL full of typos. As always, it's a really good translation, it's been done with considerable skill and care. Yet it's full of ridiculous little grammatical errors and incorrectly-used words that really stand out. I mean, honestly, the game's pretty linear, all they need to do is get one pedant with a decent command of English to run through it before release and they'd pick up 99% of the little errors. I'd do it for free. Why does every game in this series get released in this state?

Yeah I notice every single one of them as well, weirdly, I noticed one the other day which was a typo of something that was spelled correctly about two conversations before. It's odd. I'm tempted to offer my services to Capcom too, I'd be more than happy to proof read Phoenix scripts.

In other news, I think I'm level with dekay and yeah, as mentioned before, I'm not sure if there's too much hand holding for my liking - the notes idea is a good one and perhaps your partner should provide you those 'let's go here next' tips if you ask them but I feel I'm almost playing it too quickly, there are also quite a few people I haven't shown my attorney's badge too, which just doesn't seem right!

Damn you, rllmuk! You're costing me money again!

I tried to get into the Ace Attorney series some three years ago by picking up a 2nd hand copy of Justice for All. Turns out it wasn't a game, but a cd full of metal music (wi-fi).

Didn't really like it tbh. Seems it's supposed to be the worst part of the first trilogy though, so after reading all the praise heaped upon this series once more, I decided to give it another go, and snagged a copy of the very first Ace attorney game off eBay. If that doesn't disappoint, I'm considering getting Appollo Justice as well, so I can eventually start playing Dual Destinies. Yay!

Justice for All is probably the worst game in the series, overall. That might not have helped. I'm not sure how Dual Destinies is without knowing all the plot from the previous four games. The cameos may be lost on you, but the story is pretty much by itself. Apollo Justice again I don't think is so critical for missing the previous games, but definitely more in that than in DD. The first three games really need to be played in order.

As for this game? I think it is one of the best ones in the series. The 3D animations are amazing, the new characters are good and when it ramps up it really, really ramps up. I have a soft spot for the first game (I mean it had best cornered theme) but this has a great line of consistently good (which swiftly goes up to UGYYUTFJB>N levels of amaze) cases. For the record I thought case 2 was ok. Until it just threw lots of random stuff at you near the end. The rest are just fantastic though.