IGNORED

HOLD IT! Phoenix Wright 5 announced for 3DS

HarMGM

http://www.famitsu.c...1/29009127.html

http://news.dengeki....000/452/452047/

4f24f36fc2577.jpg

Yes, yes, YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

After the brilliance that was the original trilogy and the wonderfull fourth entry, this has made my day at the very least. No platform has been announced yet but considering the games have been released exclusively for the DS GBA, DS and iOS in the past, the 3DS/iOS devices are a pretty good guess to make.

Also confirmed from Capcom are HD remakes for the iOS devices

4f24f55ee3cab.jpg

No platform has been announced yet but considering the games have been released exclusively for the DS in the past, the 3DS is a pretty good guess to make.

Apollo Justice was the first exclusive DS game, the first 3 were ported from GBA. Plus the first game has been on iOS for some time

But will this make it to the west given the cloud over Mile Edgeworth 2?

I'd go ahead and wager that Miles Edgeworth 2 doesn't figure into this. ME2 was a victim of the disappointing western sales rather then Capcom hating the series. I'd hedge my bets on the succes of Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton being the real determining factor of it getting released worldwide.

I'd go ahead and wager that Miles Edgeworth 2 doesn't figure into this. ME2 was a victim of the disappointing western sales rather then Capcom hating the series. I'd hedge my bets on the succes of Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton being the real determining factor of it getting released worldwide.

Still torn about that title due to the conflicting graphic styles.

I'd love a new Ace Attorney game, but I found it a bit worrying that the quality detoriated pretty badly over time; the Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth games did very little for me with especially the latter being tripe. I already have the first game on iOS, the two other Phoenix Wright games on my iPhone sounds like bliss so at least part of this news is very good :)

Just noticed the logo for the three Phoenix games games is blue, and the Apollo logo is red. The new one is blue! :omg:

EDIT: Other details on the HD versions: iOS and maybe Android, all 3 games in one pack, users who bought the previous iOS release get a free upgrade to the HD version. The new graphics are being remastered from the original sources.

As much as I tried to like this series (partly because of the love it gets from this forum), I never got into it. The whole trial-and-error nature of the gameplay and the lack of an option to save your progress at any point during a trial always put me off continuing a game.

As far as I remember you can save at any point (save for a couple of exceptions). You just press Start and it prompts you to save.

Amazing. How far did you get through the series? I LOVE AA but the trial-and-error nature annoyed me even when I was constantly saving/turning off/reloading - if I had to restart the whole section every time it would have gone out the window.

Great news, but I anticipate an interminable delay before an English translation is available. On the plus side the English translations of the Ace Attorney games are some of the best I have ever seen, including local cultural references to retain the spirit of the original. But it would be nice if they could be ready within six months of the Japanese release date.

Even so, I am excited more than a grown man should be.