rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
elmo

Di Canio Watch

Firing Martin O'Neill in the first instance is pretty :doh:

To replace him with Paolo fucking Di Canio, however, is just :facepalm:

Martin O'Neill has been pretty much appalling at Sunderland with a squad that shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom. He's had problems with injuries, obviously, but they've been sleep-walking towards relegation since he was hired.

If you're going to hire someone to try and turn things around with 7 games to go, you need to bring in someone who will actually change things and it's pretty safe to say Di Canio will. Bringing in Mark Hughes (as was rumoured) would have been much more stupid than bringing in someone like Di Canio.

Anyway, if Chelsea get Mourinho back and Sunderland stay up, next season is going to be the best one ever.

• Upvote 3

If you're going to hire someone to try and turn things around with 7 games to go, you need to bring in someone who will actually change things and it's pretty safe to say Di Canio will. Bringing in Mark Hughes (as was rumoured) would have been much more stupid than bringing in someone like Di Canio.

I love the fact that Mark Hughes has a worse reputation than self-confessed fascist Di Canio.
  • Upvote 1

I love the fact that Mark Hughes has a worse reputation than self-confessed fascist Di Canio.

It depends if you think 5 draws and two losses would keep Sunderland up, really. If you do, Hughes would have been the perfect choice.

The media didn't really care about a fascist Swindon manager. But now he's a Premier League fascist, it all matters. Premier-centric rubbish.

Yeah was going to come here to make the same point. I knew this would happen too, always said he's a PR nightmare because of his history for an EPL team.

Be fine if he's winning but if he's not doing well it won't help, and god knows its hard enough to hold onto a managers job these days.

Also he's achieved nothing impressive at Swindon IMO. He won League Two with by far the highest wagebill. Already had a good squad for League One, and went on to make more signings than most in League One. Then they sold their best player in Ritchie and Di Canio threw his toys out the pram and quit.

Can't wait for it though, whatever happens will add entertainment to the EPL!

Anyway, if Chelsea get Mourinho back and Sunderland stay up, next season is going to be the best one ever.

We'd just need to add Mancini out and El Diego in.

Palace and Holloway could well come up this season, and now Warnock is available again for some idiot chairman to take a punt on after a mid season sacking next season. It'd be a veritable madhouse.

Sometimes I hate the internet. I thought I made up a great joke about Di Canio thinking he was taking over the Sudetenland rather than Sunderland and a quick twitter search shows me someone thought of it two fucking days ago. Bullshit man.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I could listen to him all day. Shame about all the fascist stuff, he talks a lot of sense here.

(The video disappears halfway through but the sound continues.)

• Upvote 1

The PFA really are a useless organisation. I mean, it's good to have a union but they do seem to end up on the wrong side of every debate. That takes skill.

As if it matters that a player on (minimum) £25k per week gets fined.

I've got a pretty strong feeling that Di Canio is not gonna disappoint and will supply us with endless entertainment.

Superb press conference.

The man is a legend.

Final Score showing footage of Di Canio standing in front of the Sunderland fans. No idea what he was trying to do. Undoubtedly it will be spun as he either "confronts" them or something.

There's a passage in The Secret Footballer's book which perfectly describes the situation at Sunderland. The new, charismatic, passionate manager comes in, stokes the fires and rallies the troops and performance levels and morale rise. After the euphoria dies down you realise he's a lunatic who doesn't know what he's doing. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Liverpool, Man Utd & Swansea are the next PL fixtures. Not sure Sunderland can win any of those games. After those three they have the local derby. If Di Canio loses the next four he will be out.

Liverpool, Man Utd & Swansea are the next PL fixtures. Not sure Sunderland can win any of those games. After those three they have the local derby. If Di Canio loses the next four he will be out.

Liverpool could well be beaten.

A years option for Di Canio is one thing, to get rid of him sooner may be costly. Not as costly as Sunderland being relegated though.