rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Luke

2012 London Paralympics

Good montage. Its almost gone. BLUB.

Since when were Jay Z and Rhianna British ? Have to admit being a little disappointed.

I'll take them over the tosh we dished out at the last one. This is a celebration of Paralympians of all nationalities so no limit to "best of british" which was themed in both olympic ceremonies (one very loosely) anyway.

Is anyone going to the parade tomorrow? I was planning on it but now I dunno; I'll have my two-year-old with me and I think trying to keep him entertained for long enough will be an impossibility.

This firework show must have cost millions. FANTASTIC!

The last chapter in a year long celebration of Britain. You could argue it started last year with the royal wedding. Then all of the Jubilee events. Then the olympics, the paralympics. Let's hope it can only mean great things for our country in the future :D

This firework show must have cost millions. FANTASTIC!

The last chapter in a year long celebration of Britain. You could argue it started last year with the royal wedding. Then all of the Jubilee events. Then the olympics, the paralympics. Let's hope it can only mean great things for our country in the future :D

Shhh. Don't mention the riots.

Going through my photos from last night, like the sky in this one.

post-1498-0-79962100-1347230111.jpg

Well impressed with the stadium. We were high up, but it didn't really feel like you were far away at all from the action.

Wish I'd gone to more events than I did now.

post-1498-0-32467700-1347231615.jpg

The place went nuts when Pistorius turned up. Great atmosphere. My favourite was this guy, a Polish high jumper.

post-1498-0-27691300-1347231979.jpg

One of my highlights of the games. Pretty much everyone got behind him, you would have thought he was GB from the reaction he got. I liked that.

• Upvote 9

I'm annoyed I never got to see Pistorius run. I was there for the 4x400 heat he was going to run in during the Olympics, but he only got as far as walking out onto the track before his team mate was pushed over.

Well done britain ... we didn't fuck up the games :hat:

Didn't fuck it up? We showed the world how it's done.

I admit I was pretty cynical about it before it started but if they announced the Olympics were starting again next week i'd be first in the queue for tickets.

The games were GLORIOUS.

I ended up stumbling across the parade earlier when it got in the way of my shopping. I'm glad I did though because I saw literally everyone who you'd expect. Admittedly I only saw the backs of Farah and Ennis's heads but I got a good view of everyone else. Hoy in particular was a highlight.

We did go to the parade in the end. For some reason I didn't think to bring along our 1080p Canon camcorder so had to video it on the iPhone 3GS, AKA the worst camera in history. :facepalm:

Anyway our toddler did admirably well (despite being very fed up by the time the floats actually reached us), and we were right at the front with Farah, Ennis, Hoy and Simmonds, among others, all facing our side of the road. Also Mo laughed when I did an impromptu Arsenal chant at him. All in all it was pretty cool and sort of made up a little bit for the fact we failed to get to see any events.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if anyone has been talking about this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2196142/London-Paralympics-2012-Convicted-terrorist-paralysed-going-hunger-strike-prison-beats-Britons-win-silver-50m-freestyle.html

Basically Spanish terrorist who was involved in a bombing which killed Spanish citizens got jailed for 84yrs, loses the use of his legs after staging a hunger strike in prison but because of his ability at sport get released so he can represent Spain in paraolympic games. Fuckin' mental! He won the silver in swimming here, paraolympian or not he shouldn't be allowed in the country.

Has ethics died in sport? Would you ever cheer on someone representing your country who was responsible for the murder of others?

What I liked about the parade was that the floats were organised by sport. So Johnnie Peacock and Mo Farah on the athletics float, Ellie Simmonds and Rebecca Adlington in the swimmers and so on.