rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JoeK

Broken Sword 5 Kickstarter

Looks OK to me. As said above the 3D effect characters don't fit in to the backgrounds quite right. Also the faces lack any real detail. But other than that stuff it looks about as you'd expect.

My Mum seems to have hit a bug at the shredded letter. Anyone got any insight there? :(

I think I read about this, keep clicking around the edges until you find the thing you are suppose to click.

Even though I donated to the Kickstarter and have it on PC I bought the Vita version of this because I'm more likely to play it on a handheld than on PC. The port is very good apart from a characters graphics becoming inexplicably flickering during one scene and then at the very end a continual background animation causes the frame rate to become a slide show which makes moving around the scene and combining items trickier because the menu times out and fades away before you can do anything. Apart from those issues I really enjoyed it, the games looks great and is a nice return to the style of the first two games in the series.

I'm going to have to replay it again in the future because I missed one trophy which is annoying my OCD and I didn't notice until a checked a guide after I finished the game.

I didn't have any problems with the shredded letter. One thing to watch out for is that it is possible to put one piece of paper on top of another and lose a piece that way. What problem is she having?

I hit a bug in the reconstruction scene. A wire that was supposed to be visible wasn't until I did something else and then it magically appeared, was easy after that. Despite the odd niggle I am really enjoying this and am loving the way they have integrated the characters into the amazing 2D backdrops.

jonnyalpha, on 31 Dec 2013 - 14:15, said:

I didn't have any problems with the shredded letter. One thing to watch out for is that it is possible to put one piece of paper on top of another and lose a piece that way. What problem is she having?

I hit a bug in the reconstruction scene. A wire that was supposed to be visible wasn't until I did something else and then it magically appeared, was easy after that. Despite the odd niggle I am really enjoying this and am loving the way they have integrated the characters into the amazing 2D backdrops.

Oh, thanks for this, but she must have sorted it now, as she's told me she's finished it. She didn't say what had happened with the paper. I'll try to remember to ask her next time I see her. I believe the game did receive an update so, who knows?, maybe it was a bug after all. Cheers!

This was better than broken age by quite a long way imho. In terms of being a traditional point n click which is what I was after with those kickstarters.

Would gladly play another one. Preferably another ip entirely of course but with the same lovely animation and style.

It's been on Vita for ages, often pretty cheap.

I backed the Kickstarter but didn't even bother with the PC version and ended up playing it on the Vita. Apart from some horrendous slowdown at the end of first episode it was a fantastic and probably my third favourite out of the series after the original version of Shadow of the Templars (the directors cut changes are awful) and Smoking Mirror.

Playing this on Switch now and compared to Leisure Suit Larry on Switch the controls really suck in this one. Feeling absolutely antiquated, and not in a good way for a point'n'click adventure. Pressing A to walk? Come one. Also, in the first room (gallery) you can see the skyline of Paris through the window and on some occassions the camera gets out of control and Paris is rotating! Like the skybox in Shenmue 1 (in the S1&2 remaster). 

I got bored hallway through episode 1. It was the closest thing we've had to the original for nearly two decades but ultimately I still didn't find it good enough. Starting to think the first one was just a happy accident as even the second couldn't quite recapture it.

I loved 5. And got all excited when this thread was bumped.

There's something about Broken Sword that I just don't get from any other P&C series. The atmosphere, settings and influences feel just right.

It's not my favourite series, but I'll never miss a 2D iteration.

• Upvote 1

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

This was my favorite game as a kid. Fond memories playing this with my uncle and clicking random inventory items together to make George say “Hmm, maybe not. Hmm, no way.”

To this day we still say it to each other. Last year I sent him a message asking if he was inviting my dad to his wedding and he sent back “Hmm ... Maybe not. Hmm ... No way.”

The pot contained a key ...

• Upvote 2