4th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Panda Land

Nimmel

TBH if you look at a lot of purely normal mode guilds (i.e. ones that just finished ToT shortly before the current patch) it seems a lot are struggling on anything after boss 2, I think at the moment we are probably a guild with players that if given a chance could be clearing about half the relevant content on heroic, our main stumbling blocks tend to be focusing on trying to get players the last few bits of loot they need to complete their normal loot sets thus waiting too long to start trying heroics and the fact if we don't like a fight we start moaning at Moo for making us do it!

Probably the best model for us is to do what we did in Tier 11 (BoT and BWD) which is as soon as we have killed the final boss is to start trying some heroic encounters, by not doing this in ToT I think we all but killed the fun off for most people running it (I certainly felt the last few raids were hard work and I hadn't been around much). This is probably thinking way to far forward as I'm sure the path to Garroshs death will take us a good couple of months, however I wanted to air my view on how we should look to change things up a little now so we can discuss it as a guild (and then do what I want anyway!! :P )

Very much agree with this. I think the reasons why people wonder away over a tier broadly fall into three different categories:

1) Fed up of difficultly and wipes on hard modes

2) Bored with doing the same easy content

3) Bored of WoW in general

I think in the past we've had more 1s than 2s. And those people are weak and should not be listened to. In ToT I think we had more 2s than 1s for what may be the first time. This may have been driven by the last 4 bosses dropping the legendary tokens people needed for cloaks necessitating us trying to guarantee we'd get them every week.

Sometimes a 3 gets mistaken for a 1. Only nut cases would raid the same instance for a year to finish it on heroic tbh.

WoW is eternal for me, no boredom here, always sommat to do. More heroics though.

On a serious note, more for the raidplanners tbh my shifts at work are really goin to fluctuate next month, ill be doing a few 1pm -10pms and a few 4pm - 12pms obviously on those nights i wont be able to raid, ill try give advance notice bt it may mean missing one day of a reset or an entire one. My main question is, will it affect how often im chosen?

And for example, if i don't raid for one reset then the next I can only make the sunday, what are the chances of me getting a spot even though it's essentially progress?

Cheers.

EDIT: As for flex, id advise doing wing 2, it will give you all a better idea of how the kor'kron shaman fight feels towards the end in terms of mechanics.

I think both you and Jera are going to have odd patterns work wise so maybe able to change places with each other (some weeks one will be able to make the Thu but not the Sun, but the other of you pair will so just change around etc). May not always work but its something at least

id like to do more heroics, I like them as long as it all feels controlable, as in

we died to the boss as we messed up = good

we died to the boss becuase he cast this ability followed by this ability which sometimes *may* happen = not so great

its totally random if we live or die as there is so much rng involved = bad

So far all the fights this tier seem to go for the first which is awesome, but still not seen many fights and still not seen heroics so will know more later!

yay for heroics!

Right now. You're late Sav. RUN.

Work is a bit mad at the moment, and is likely to remain that way for a bit. While that's actually quite a good thing for me (I like being busy), it does mean I haven't even logged in to WoW for a while. Rather than signing up for raids here and there, doing a half-arsed job, and thieving precious loots, I've opted to stop signing at all for a bit. Hope to be on for flexing and such now and then (though not tonight), but am unlikely to be around much for a few weeks yet.

Love ya Mukkers.x

Right now. You're late Sav. RUN.

Work is a bit mad at the moment, and is likely to remain that way for a bit. While that's actually quite a good thing for me (I like being busy), it does mean I haven't even logged in to WoW for a while. Rather than signing up for raids here and there, doing a half-arsed job, and thieving precious loots, I've opted to stop signing at all for a bit. Hope to be on for flexing and such now and then (though not tonight), but am unlikely to be around much for a few weeks yet.

Love ya Mukkers.x

First Karde, now you? 'work' is ruining everything!

Really enjoyed tonight, cheers all :) Are we planning Mondays again now as well for progression? Just wondering.

On another note, doing a heroic ToT progression run 2moro night if anyone fancies it :) Get some cheevos, heroic gear etc ^^ 20% nerf yo! Starts about 20:30 GMT

Agreed - really good fun, thanks all. Altogether now:

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BUY

NA NA NOODLES

DON'T WANNA BE A NOODLE MAN

NA NA NA NA NOODLES

And who can forget Moo's classic:

GATSBY IN THE SKY WITH DEBUFFS

Buy 'Singalong with Muk' - 10 easy installments of 1000g.

Buy now and receive free bonus Spectral Tiger Ankle Armour.

So I did the first 2 bosses of flex wing 2...yea. Galakras made me laugh, we didn't tank swap on the boss, hardly anyone soaked anything and it still died...oh and we got the achievements as well. On the plus side I got a good idea of what to do for IJ on normal, looks fun! Sadly ran out of time for kor'kron though I had a quick look of the trash...fuck me there's a lot of it!

Really nice raid again tonight folks cheers, just what I needed before the long working week starts :) Don't think a dark shaman kill is a million miles away either, once we learn a good method for handling the slime abilities I reckon it'll be in the bag. Interesting point, asked a few other raiding people I know and one or two of them have said it's very viable to 4 heal it, just a note :) Does seem doable since we were 5 mins off beserk when we wiped at 37% ish!

It's also recommended by icy veins to kite the slimes if our dps isn't high enough to burst them down, either hunter, mage or brewmaster monk are good for this. Just something to think about, anyway, see you all 2moro after my 10 hour shift :(