Vinyl lovers

Oh Danny Boy

I was in HMV today after I went to see Captain merica. I'd just been paid so what the hell. I'll buy an overpriced LP. Got Black Sabbath - Paranoid since it's such a damn good album. I was surprised to see it came with a free cd version too.

Some stuff in this HMV was priced comparably to Amazon prices, some much too expensive. Surprisingly the limited stock in my local Sainsburys has the cheapest prices.

I only decided to buy it because I'd just been in the nearby Forbidden Planet to buy some manga and they'd utterly failed to keep almost every volume 1 in stock so I had cash burning a hole in my pocket :)

Some great re-issues on the cards from Radiohead and Pink Floyd. The Radiohead ones are released in a few weeks time (20/5), all of them, every wallet-saping one of them! 

http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/05/06/radiohead-albums-get-reissued-through-xl/

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php

ALSO Prince vinyl reissues, everything up to and including Graffiti Bridge, and yes that means the Black Album! 

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/warners-go-crazy-with-vinyl-heavy-prince-release-schedule-for-2016/#more-122576

Just buy originals.

I got immaculate copies of Parade and Around the world in a day last year for about a tenner delivered each.

Haven't the Radiohead albums pretty much always been in print anyway? Maybe with the exception of Pablo Honey.

If they're done anything like as well as the Rhino Dirty Mind reissue the Prince ones might be a decent option for anyone who can't be arsed with the minefield of modern online grading for used stuff.

Can anyone reccomend a half decent turntable for around £150? Just got a promotion so looking to treat myself, but don't have mad money to spend. I know I'm not going to get anything incredible but would I even be able to get anything half decent around that price?

16 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

I have nothing to play this on but it is awesome. 

saw-640x640.jpg

If you don't listen to it then It's just a bit of grey plastic with some bits cut off around the edge and a sticker.

I got the LUH album as this months rough trade sub and it's got the fussiest, most irritating packaging. A double album in cut out plain sleeves housed in a plastic outer sleeve. It's just a massive faff. 

Plus the inners are just plain paper. 

Getting a record out shouldn't take this long. And it's not even that good. Bah

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, strider said:

I just ordered Lazzarreto Ultra edition. I'm not a big fan of his music, but it sounds like a really funky vinyl due to all the crazy shit it does.

I never play my copy as I can never remember what side is the one that runs inside out and all that shit. Guess it works as a gimmick as I wouldn't have bought the album otherwise but I won't buy another bells and whistles edition of an album (unless it's Mogwai, in which case I just buy anything).