rllmuk
Oh Danny Boy

vinyl lovers

20 hours ago, Rev said:

If you go assuming you're not going to get anything you want, it's a nice day. Especially with the weather on side. 

Precisely this. I love RSD but mainly for the in store gigs and discounts on older stock. That said I’ll be pretty shitty if I don’t get that mono Piper At The Gates Of Dawn reissue.

Edit: and the Eno/Kevin Shields <_<

1 hour ago, DumbMagician said:

I love RSD but mainly for the in store gigs and discounts on older stock

This is what I was hoping for more - rather than officially designated RSD Exclusives (there's only a few I'd 'kinda like') I was wondering if people would be running any kind of promotions, bargains, etc. Who knows. 

Could someone pick up something for me? @Mr Do 71 picked up a few OPN eps for me a few years ago. I might go to Bristol, but apparently, it's going to be stormy here and storrmy weather + being in a wheelchair is a fucking nightmare.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, lankysanchez said:

Post up what you’re after and I’ll keep an eye out round my way :)

Ta. It's Zen Drums/Dada Drums by Bibio.

0c2a2414e737cf606a1735d413c4bb69f434e425

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure you guys are dying to know how my RSD 2018 went. I got:

Piper mono
Cure - Mixed Up
Stones - Satanic Majesties
Axelrod - Song Of Innocence
Zep 7”

And non -RSD:

Slits - Cut
Dr Octagon
Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi
V/A Uneven Paths
Yo La Tengo - Riot
DJ N-word Fox- Cranio

And now I can’t afford to eat till  July :(

• Upvote 2

As last year just left the local with both things I wanted without queuing from 4am. Lucky to live in the provinces I suppose!

Snagged zappa's lumpy gravy and the Bowie live in London.

I'm working today and tomorrow so Monday's the earliest I'll be able to visit a store. I really want Neil Young - Roxy Tonight's The Night Live though  - what are the chances of still being able to pick that up, I wonder?

1 hour ago, Shoes said:

No worries, thanks for looking anyway brother.

Try Piccadilly records after midnight on Friday. You can usually pick up a good cross selection of the RSD releases.

I know I do this every year but it still amazes me how many RSD releases appear on ebay. Currently over 3000 and rising. All I really want is the Daughter soundtrack so will have to hope some the online sellers will have it.

2 hours ago, sofasurfer said:

Try Piccadilly records after midnight on Friday. You can usually pick up a good cross selection of the RSD releases.

I know I do this every year but it still amazes me how many RSD releases appear on ebay. Currently over 3000 and rising. All I really want is the Daughter soundtrack so will have to hope some the online sellers will have it.

Argh, if you'd posted about an hour earlier I could have grabbed you one. There were dozens in Nottingham Rough Trade, so if you can find someone there they'll very likely be able to get you one. 

Shoes - no Bibio I'm afraid. Was one I was looking for too. Didn't expect that to be too limited, so a bit odd. Unless I just didn't see it.

I got the Ben Kweller, Alex Sommers and Michael Kiwanuka ones for myself, which is a pretty good success rate. Considering I turned up at about midday I'm extremely impressed by that.

Spent a silly amount of money. Went to sister Ray ace and everything I was interested in was gone. No worries I thought. We sauntered over to Rough trade and saw ridiculous queues. Told the girlfriend I couldn't be bothered but we had food in our bags that needed eating and it was a nice day so we got in the queue. 

Then they had a bunch of stuff so I bought Sparks, belly, pictish trail and Marvin gaye. Girlfriend got arcade fire, Madonna picture disc Fleet foxes and something else I can't remember. 

This is not counting a few other records I got that weren't part of RSD. anyway was fun to be part of it and we've got a bumper listening session planned tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rev said:

Argh, if you'd posted about an hour earlier I could have grabbed you one. There were dozens in Nottingham Rough Trade, so if you can find someone there they'll very likely be able to get you one. 

Shoes - no Bibio I'm afraid. Was one I was looking for too. Didn't expect that to be too limited, so a bit odd. Unless I just didn't see it.

I got the Ben Kweller, Alex Sommers and Michael Kiwanuka ones for myself, which is a pretty good success rate. Considering I turned up at about midday I'm extremely impressed by that.

No worries....should have posted that I was after that one earlier. Hopefully I'll pick it up next week.

9 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

No worries....should have posted that I was after that one earlier. Hopefully I'll pick it up next week.

Was a display and a box full. I should think you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Picked up the Ben Kweller as well, and the Zero 7 7x7 boxset. Last copies of both, so was quite happy. 

At one store there were at least two guys with full side printed lists of things they wanted, stacking it all up. Which they are perfectly within their rights to do, but it did make me wonder how much of it they were actually keeping for themselves.

39 minutes ago, Butters said:

Picked up the Ben Kweller as well, and the Zero 7 7x7 boxset. Last copies of both, so was quite happy. 

At one store there were at least two guys with full side printed lists of things they wanted, stacking it all up. Which they are perfectly within their rights to do, but it did make me wonder how much of it they were actually keeping for themselves.

90% eBay I bet.

On 20/04/2018 at 13:18, Shoes said:

Ta. It's Zen Drums/Dada Drums by Bibio.

0c2a2414e737cf606a1735d413c4bb69f434e425

Did anyone get hold of this for you in the end? They've still got it at Record Collector in Sheffield apparently - I'm going to try to pop in on my way home if you want me to see if it's still there?

30 minutes ago, mr twig said:

Did anyone get hold of this for you in the end? They've still got it at Record Collector in Sheffield apparently - I'm going to try to pop in on my way home if you want me to see if it's still there?

That'd be awesome, mate. I've put myself on a few mailing lists for 'leftover stock' but if you could look I'd be grateful. 

5 hours ago, Shoes said:

That'd be awesome, mate. I've put myself on a few mailing lists for 'leftover stock' but if you could look I'd be grateful. 

Got one! PM me your address and I'll let Yodel do their worst to it!

• Upvote 5

Interesting with rsd this year - it was strange to see that stores still had the traditional big hitters left on Sunday. Monday midday I was in a store who still had multiple copies of Pink Floyd, the 3 Wea Bowie releases, a U2 and more.

i know some people may not be near a participating store but someone who paid £70+ for a Bowie would feel pretty foolish seeing it still available for £20 two days later. Perhaps it’s the people getting”the fear” and paying eBay prices falsely giving a perception of high value and no more copies elsewhere.

For all the naysayers for many shops I deal with it was once again bigger than the previous year and they still see it as massively positive...even if my mate’s shop got a weird email today complaining that the day was obviously too successful for him as the guy was grumbling about having to still queue at 1pm when he presumed the queues for his small shop would have gone by then....

In other vinyl news had possibly my first random decent £££ charity shop find. Spotted a 2lp promo of De La Soul Is Dead for £2 amongst the usual viva espana dross. Never liked Ring Ring years ago as sampling Curiosity Killed The Cat always felt naff...but heard the track again recently and thought it sounded great and quite fancied trying to find the LP. Got home and checked the price and around £55 minimum on Discogs....so quite a nice find :) (Not that I’m selling it..)

I will find out! Don’t think I ever heard it but a Mojo article the other year piqued my interest (especially the band feeling they were mis-represented by the hippy daisy imagery of 3 Feet High...)

On 24/04/2018 at 17:49, luth714 said:

Interesting with rsd this year - it was strange to see that stores still had the traditional big hitters left on Sunday. Monday midday I was in a store who still had multiple copies of Pink Floyd, the 3 Wea Bowie releases, a U2 and more.

i know some people may not be near a participating store but someone who paid £70+ for a Bowie would feel pretty foolish seeing it still available for £20 two days later. Perhaps it’s the people getting”the fear” and paying eBay prices falsely giving a perception of high value and no more copies elsewhere.

For all the naysayers for many shops I deal with it was once again bigger than the previous year and they still see it as massively positive...even if my mate’s shop got a weird email today complaining that the day was obviously too successful for him as the guy was grumbling about having to still queue at 1pm when he presumed the queues for his small shop would have gone by then....

In other vinyl news had possibly my first random decent £££ charity shop find. Spotted a 2lp promo of De La Soul Is Dead for £2 amongst the usual viva espana dross. Never liked Ring Ring years ago as sampling Curiosity Killed The Cat always felt naff...but heard the track again recently and thought it sounded great and quite fancied trying to find the LP. Got home and checked the price and around £55 minimum on Discogs....so quite a nice find :) (Not that I’m selling it..)

I think the pressing runs were pretty big for most of the big hitters. 

The best record shop in Glasgow has been tweeting daily with a full list what they have left,

to deter people buying from ebay/discogs scalpers, and it's quite extensive. They still have something I have been swithering about...