IGNORED

Oculus Rift (VR Headset)

roskelld

I held off getting Superhot VR as I was wanting Pistolwhip to drop in price, but the Humble Bundle was too good to pass on. Well, it’s incredible! Very different from the pancake version too so it’s a completely different experience.

Moss is really nice too, looks absolutely stunning. 

Yeah, Space Pirate Trainer, Budget Cuts and Moss are very different sold cold classic VR experiences.

And Super Hot is a lovely demo of VR, only ruined for me by a single piece of utterly shitty game design and given most people disagree with me on that one, pretty much make it 4.

That it's basically a puzzle game not an action game, it's about working out how to get through a level.

But if you die it puts you back 5 or 6 levels.

So you have to tediously repeat something you know damn well how to do for 5 minutes just to get back to where you were to have another try. Which is only made worse if you're annoyed by this and make mistakes and end up not breezing through the bit you should breeze through because you get sloppy.

I understand the non-VR one might work differently.

That'd be work, or just go scene by scene.

Most people don't seem to mind so consider it a freebie in the bundle and be amazed, the actual experience is unlike everything else.

But it was enough I've never got beyond what I'd say is 15 minutes of actual gameplay in.

anyone else played sword and socery - just played if for the first time and its excellent (and intense) arean gladorial style wave battles (like a more serious version of gorn) 

edit**

just added the star wars mod and ive turned into the lightsbaer jedi serial killer :) wee vid below

I recently got a Rift S which is attached to an Alienware i7 laptop with an RTX 2070 card. Even with low to medium settings on some VR games (like Lone Echo) I get stutters when I move around. Sometimes I don't get them at all but I can't pinpoint what causes them and what doesn't. Does any know what I can do to get rid of them?

Been playing a lot of GTA VR and Pavlov in the last week.   GTA VR really shows much minuscule detail Rockstar puts into there games - something you don't even come close to appreciating in the normal 2d version.   For example being able to walk around Franklin's house and check out all the stuff that they have put into each room (from framed photos, to ornaments)   Or even just walking about the streets of Los Santos and looking at the NPC's there character designs up close etc...   It also shows that how little is needed to add VR to some games (The GTA VR mod isn't even that big more config stuff) - and with a little more polish Rockstar could have easily implemented this into the main game properly (Kinda like the whole alien Isolation stuff)

Pavlov on the other hand has fast become my fav social/multiplayer game - especially the trouble in terrorist town mode.   had some laugh out loud games, just the way peeps interact etc...

we must actually organise a  VR game session sometime get us all on for a game of something 

When I looked, I was up to date with all my drivers and the ports' power seemed to be OK too. I had a fiddle about with various power and Nvidia settings and something I did seemed to work (I didn't make the changes scientifically enough to know which made a difference). Still, all seems well now, thanks.

with Half Life Alex only a couple of week away Vavle have realeased two home enviroments for Steam Home - from Half life  Alex - you can walk (well teleport) arround and interact with the environments so you can get a feel of what the game will look like.  (they have said graphically the home enviroments wont be as good as the full games graphics. 

Unfort oculus users its  bad news time - this is only available to vive index owners......

but there is a way to unlock them for all to try (if you want to know PM and ill send you through a set of instructions i used - wont post them on here)

but from what i have a go on  -both look stunning and very life like locations - and if these are graphically inferier to the actual games grpahics they colour me super duper excited as these looks really good as is

only 4 days to go to half life - while everything else is going to shit  arround us its nice to have something to look forward to.   

If any of the peeps out there are going stir crazy with all this social and self isolating post on here and we will oraganise a VR meet up on something - chance to virtually still be sociable. (and hopefully give peeps who are finding it harder being locked up place to chat and hang out while getting a bit of gaming) 

Just now, papalazarou said:

If any of the peeps out there are going stir crazy with all this social and self isolating post on here and we will oraganise a VR meet up on something - chance to virtually still be sociable. (and hopefully give peeps who are finding it harder being locked up place to chat and hang out while getting a bit of gaming) 

I'd be game for that.

16 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Host a Bigscreen room maybe?

24 minutes ago, Valver said:

Host a Bigscreen room maybe?

yeah was thinking that ealier so  i was testing it out with a mate who has a rift streaming a movie from my room and he was able to watch (and throw popcorn over me) with out a problem.

what is the max a room can hold?  need to get into a routine with me and the wife wfh and the kids now at home,  but could hold our first one mid week - next week if peeps are interested?

My friend and I have been using this a lot (I'm in Scotland he is in Netherlands)  recently we've been watching top gear.

Room size depends on host rooms bandwidth.  Can support up to 12 people.

Big screen is really good.  I've finally got the audio issues sorted and it works well.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I’ve finished with half life alyx  - best be game there is by the way.

I’ve been looking for something I can just chill out with esp under the current circumstances.  And I’ve found it flyinside.  

It’s a vr flight sim in the same vein as ms flight sim - while nowhere near the same level as the new one that is coming out it does use big maps streaming so that the actual ground mapping is correct ie yes you can fly over and see your house etc..  excuse the wonky  flying in the vid of me buzzing my home town in Northern Ireland 

• 2 weeks later...