roskelld

Oculus Rift (VR Headset)

I ordered from Amazon as the oculus store refused to accept my card, even though it's the same card set up in home where it works fine. Support was pretty much useless so I gave up trying to order direct. Interested to see when I get it!

@Uzi : Payment processed.

As I recall we were both day two, June-ish rift deliveries in the end?

It's happening.  Now will they ship to get here on the 6th or 7th?

47 minutes ago, footle said:

Oh Wtf where is my processing email?! :(

I preordered my Touch within the first ten minutes, man!

5 minutes ago, dood said:

It'll come (if you're in the UK), I'm sure. Mine wasn't till about 18:45 this evening.

1 hour ago, footle said:

Nothing for me yet

I'm sure they will be sending out processing emails all weekend (I received my email on Thursday) but wont actually ship anything till Monday with delivery Tuesday which is basically what Amazon and the rest will be doing also. I'd not panic until people in the UK start getting shipping notifications.

I'm just crazy excited for Touch to come...after months of using Hydras where possible I know how much motion controls add to the game, but to have the proper controllers in my hands will be amazing. Tiltbrush, Medium, Quill, all the free gubbins, all my Vive stuff on steam that I can now play properly.....amazing

Although I do think launching with 50+ titles (and so much free stuff) is good in one way and insane in another. There will be a lot of smaller titles that are just lost in the torrent of new games and experiences. As I have quite a bit of stuff on Steam already, plus all the free stuff then I don't imagine I will be buying much. Superhot looks good so maybe get that....would be interested in knowing what games anyone else might be picking up?

6 hours ago, dood said:

I think the priority is meant to go by your rift preorder rather than your touch one (in theory) who fucking knows how it actually works. Correct thing next time - order from retail like Amazon/John Lewis for any hardware. 

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm just crazy excited for Touch to come...after months of using Hydras where possible I know how much motion controls add to the game, but to have the proper controllers in my hands will be amazing. Tiltbrush, Medium, Quill, all the free gubbins, all my Vive stuff on steam that I can now play properly.....amazing

Although I do think launching with 50+ titles (and so much free stuff) is good in one way and insane in another. There will be a lot of smaller titles that are just lost in the torrent of new games and experiences. As I have quite a bit of stuff on Steam already, plus all the free stuff then I don't imagine I will be buying much. Superhot looks good so maybe get that....would be interested in knowing what games anyone else might be picking up?

Most of it is stuff from steam though - we'd all just buy it from there if we were interested.

I'm conflicted as I want to try some of the Oculus exclusives like Superhot via Revive but I don't want to support their exclusivity on PC practices.  Most of the 50 games are on Steam so I'm not missing out a massive amount of software.  Also some of the exclusives maybe timed.

I'm super excited for you guys as Touch looks fucking great.  Can't wait for the impressions next week.

That's me fully through the process now ... Got the shipping confirmation email from oculus in the middle of the night. Both Touch and Earphones coming on Tuesday.  

Also got a second set of codes for unspoken and VR sports.  hopefully I don't need to reregister those games. If so, more than happy to donate to someone wanting to try them on revive.

Fingers crossed everyone's processes over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, footle said:

Most of it is stuff from steam though - we'd all just buy it from there if we were interested.

That is true. But I still think it's s lot of games to be promoting on day one. Although to be honest from that list there isn't much I want that I don't already have or is free. Happy days!

16 hours ago, footle said:

Still nothing. No processing. No payment. No word. I just read john Lewis touches are being delivered on the 5th for those who ordered there before 1st DEC.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yay. Also had The Tuesday confirmation. Gives me just enough time to move my office around and create my new VR space and also install my new SSD and usb expansion bay. 

I still have the problem that I don't have enough room for "roomscale" VR where I am right now. I'm pretty sure I'll have injured myself pretty badly before I go to bed on Tuesday evening. Smash my head on my desk or break my hand swinging it into the door. Something like that.

Got my shipping and delivery date for the 6th from Oculus. I also have a set coming from Amazon on the 6th and I'm planning on trying out the third sensor for a week or so to see if I need one for proper roomscale or two will be enough before sending it back. No news on my earphones though.

There are detailed instructions tucked away in the 1.10.1 release notes (for home) covering sensor deep for Roncesvalles with either two or three sensors 

Interestingly, the third sensor is USB 2.0 by design.  Something to do with balancing throughput.

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

I still have the problem that I don't have enough room for "roomscale" VR where I am right now. I'm pretty sure I'll have injured myself pretty badly before I go to bed on Tuesday evening. Smash my head on my desk or break my hand swinging it into the door. Something like that.

I will make myself a little bit more space by moving my office into the spare room....however I have sloping low ceilings on either side . I expect broken fingers / controllers within days. Fortunately I have been saved with my Hydra set-up as the short cable generally stops me from smashing my hands...won't have that physical limitation with the Touch though!