Jump to content
roskelld

Oculus Rift (VR Headset)

Recommended Posts

I ordered from Amazon as the oculus store refused to accept my card, even though it's the same card set up in home where it works fine. Support was pretty much useless so I gave up trying to order direct. Interested to see when I get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Uzi : Payment processed.

 

As I recall we were both day two, June-ish rift deliveries in the end?

 

It's happening.  Now will they ship to get here on the 6th or 7th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, footle said:

@Uzi : Payment processed.

 

As I recall we were both day two, June-ish rift deliveries in the end?

 

It's happening.  Now will they ship to get here on the 6th or 7th?

Oh Wtf where is my processing email?! :(

 

I preordered my Touch within the first ten minutes, man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dood said:

Oh Wtf where is my processing email?! :(

 

I preordered my Touch within the first ten minutes, man!

 

It'll come (if you're in the UK), I'm sure. Mine wasn't till about 18:45 this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, footle said:

@Uzi : Payment processed.

 

As I recall we were both day two, June-ish rift deliveries in the end?

 

It's happening.  Now will they ship to get here on the 6th or 7th?

 

Nothing for me yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure they will be sending out processing emails all weekend (I received my email on Thursday) but wont actually ship anything till Monday with delivery Tuesday which is basically what Amazon and the rest will be doing also. I'd not panic until people in the UK start getting shipping notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just crazy excited for Touch to come...after months of using Hydras where possible I know how much motion controls add to the game, but to have the proper controllers in my hands will be amazing. Tiltbrush, Medium, Quill, all the free gubbins, all my Vive stuff on steam that I can now play properly.....amazing
.

Although I do think launching with 50+ titles (and so much free stuff) is good in one way and insane in another. There will be a lot of smaller titles that are just lost in the torrent of new games and experiences. As I have quite a bit of stuff on Steam already, plus all the free stuff then I don't imagine I will be buying much. Superhot looks good so maybe get that....would be interested in knowing what games anyone else might be picking up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dood said:

Oh Wtf where is my processing email?! :(

 

I preordered my Touch within the first ten minutes, man!

 

I think the priority is meant to go by your rift preorder rather than your touch one (in theory) who fucking knows how it actually works. Correct thing next time - order from retail like Amazon/John Lewis for any hardware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm just crazy excited for Touch to come...after months of using Hydras where possible I know how much motion controls add to the game, but to have the proper controllers in my hands will be amazing. Tiltbrush, Medium, Quill, all the free gubbins, all my Vive stuff on steam that I can now play properly.....amazing
.

Although I do think launching with 50+ titles (and so much free stuff) is good in one way and insane in another. There will be a lot of smaller titles that are just lost in the torrent of new games and experiences. As I have quite a bit of stuff on Steam already, plus all the free stuff then I don't imagine I will be buying much. Superhot looks good so maybe get that....would be interested in knowing what games anyone else might be picking up?

 

Most of it is stuff from steam though - we'd all just buy it from there if we were interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm conflicted as I want to try some of the Oculus exclusives like Superhot via Revive but I don't want to support their exclusivity on PC practices.  Most of the 50 games are on Steam so I'm not missing out a massive amount of software.  Also some of the exclusives maybe timed.

 

I'm super excited for you guys as Touch looks fucking great.  Can't wait for the impressions next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's me fully through the process now ... Got the shipping confirmation email from oculus in the middle of the night. Both Touch and Earphones coming on Tuesday.  

 

Also got a second set of codes for unspoken and VR sports.  hopefully I don't need to reregister those games. If so, more than happy to donate to someone wanting to try them on revive.

 

Fingers crossed everyone's processes over the weekend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, footle said:

 

Most of it is stuff from steam though - we'd all just buy it from there if we were interested.

That is true. But I still think it's s lot of games to be promoting on day one. Although to be honest from that list there isn't much I want that I don't already have or is free. Happy days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, footle said:

@Uzi : Payment processed.

 

As I recall we were both day two, June-ish rift deliveries in the end?

 

It's happening.  Now will they ship to get here on the 6th or 7th?

 

 

Still nothing. No processing. No payment. No word. I just read john Lewis touches are being delivered on the 5th for those who ordered there before 1st DEC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yay. Also had The Tuesday confirmation. Gives me just enough time to move my office around and create my new VR space and also install my new SSD and usb expansion bay. 

 

I still have the problem that I don't have enough room for "roomscale" VR where I am right now. I'm pretty sure I'll have injured myself pretty badly before I go to bed on Tuesday evening. Smash my head on my desk or break my hand swinging it into the door. Something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my shipping and delivery date for the 6th from Oculus. I also have a set coming from Amazon on the 6th and I'm planning on trying out the third sensor for a week or so to see if I need one for proper roomscale or two will be enough before sending it back. No news on my earphones though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are detailed instructions tucked away in the 1.10.1 release notes (for home) covering sensor deep for Roncesvalles with either two or three sensors 

 

Interestingly, the third sensor is USB 2.0 by design.  Something to do with balancing throughput.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sponge said:

 

I still have the problem that I don't have enough room for "roomscale" VR where I am right now. I'm pretty sure I'll have injured myself pretty badly before I go to bed on Tuesday evening. Smash my head on my desk or break my hand swinging it into the door. Something like that.

I will make myself a little bit more space by moving my office into the spare room....however I have sloping low ceilings on either side . I expect broken fingers / controllers within days. Fortunately I have been saved with my Hydra set-up as the short cable generally stops me from smashing my hands...won't have that physical limitation with the Touch though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.