rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Droo

FINALLY got myself a Dreamcast AV cable... So, now, recommend me a couple of games.

My TV's, not one of them, could tune in a Dreamcast... I have now, finally, got round to buying an AV cable and need a some recommendations of games to play.

Come on chaps, recommend me a couple of not-too-hard-to-get, not a wallet destroying selection either.

GO!

Crazy Taxi

Soul Calibur

Jet Set Radio

Powerstone 1+2

Chu Chu Rocket

San Francisco Rush: 2049

Space Channel 5 1+2

Skies of Arcadia

Shenmue

Hydro Thunder

EDIT: Both Sonic Adventures are worth a punt, certainly. And Virtua Tennis! And MSR! And Headhunter!

I should stop.

EDIT 2: PSO as well, even though you can't play online. Still worth going through at least once.

EDIT 3: Last one I promise. I forgot Ready 2 Rumble Boxing!

• Upvote 1

no one said MSR, why has no one said MSR?

[edit]

ah, there it is.

Edited by SeanR

Probably. I had to buy some of the cheap third party maracas when I had my copy and they were pretty useless.

I've seen the official set over here in Japan for quite cheap, but I don't have a dreamcast :(

If you have a CRT tv then a light gun and House of the Dead 2 is a must, then you might as well get Confidential Mission too.

Zero gunner 2, Under Defeat and Border Down are well worth a look, although ebay prices are mental

• Upvote 1

If you can find it and like western style RPG's like baulders gate then have a look for a game called Silver. I actually did a thread on it a while back and thought despite it being quite shorter than most RPG's and maybe an average storyline, it still managed to hold up excellently.

Got the Dreamcast out for a game of Cosmic Smash today after recommending it a few posts up the page. My big telly doesn't have a VGA socket on the back, so I tried using a VGA>HDMI cable I recently bought, but annoyingly it didn't work with the DC VGA box (or the laptop it was originally purchase for). Had to play it via a grubby old scart lead :( but it was still excellent :D

• Upvote 1

Well, it's all worked well.

Set the date (defaults to 1998!?) and had a look at the memory card, last games saved in 2004.... Crazy Tazy 2 replays, which I'm gonna watch as soon as I get the game!

I won a copy of JSR (weirdly) on a different forum, which was nice.

The only other game I have is Q3 Arena, which is a bit pants offline.

I'm gonna try to pick up Soul Calibur 2, soon too.

The only thing I'd say is the quality of picture through AV on my Sony LCD is pretty woeful!

Not to put a dampner on this, but I actually prefer it through RGB SCART on a CRT to VGA. VGA just highlights all the jagged lines.

Set the date (defaults to 1998!?) and had a look at the memory card, last games saved in 2004.... Crazy Tazy 2 replays, which I'm gonna watch as soon as I get the game!

The only thing I'd say is the quality of picture through AV on my Sony LCD is pretty woeful!

I think you mean Soul Calibur - 2 was on PS2, Xbox and GameCube, with bonus character on each (and 3 was PS2 only)

I do, I meant to write 'Soul Calibur too.' But stopped mid sentence whilst on the phone and absent-mindedly mistyped that.

Do you mean nobody plays it, or that you don't have access to dial-up?

I dont have a phone line to try it, surely all those servers are long dead?

I dont have a phone line to try it, surely all those servers are long dead?

I wouldn't count on it! I was looking around some Dreamcast sites a while ago, and people were hosting their own PSO servers somehow. And, I think Quake runs off the same servers as PCs or something?

If you're a racing game fan, you can do a lot worse than Daytona and F355. Surprised that nobody's mentioned the 2D fighters, Capcom Vs. SNK being my pick of the bunch, especially as Street Fighter 3 got ported to the current consoles. Also, I've not seen Ecco mentioned yet, which is worth a go just for doing backflips in the opening area.

However, if you haven't got Shenmue and Shenmue II yet, ignore everything else in here for now. Fantastic games in their own right, but they also come with possibly the best console ports of Super Hang On, Space Harrier and Outrun.

• Upvote 1