rllmuk
acidbearboy

We ♥ Phantasy Star Online

RE: PSO2, English support has only existed through the PC English Patch (iirc, the patch existed before the Vita version became a thing, let alone any means to access Vita files via Henkaku), and the SEA servers that's PC only and is getting shuttered in May.

There's always using Moonlight on a hacked Vita to stream the patched PSO2 from a PC, I guess. It's not that far off from the Cloud version coming to the Switch!

Are you still playing Cottem? How's it going. I have been trying out some quests (sporadically). Wrath of Forest was fun. Loads of enemies in every room of the Forest. 

I also have tried to Pioneer Spirit, which is in the crater of episode IV. You get two A.I. allies but the quest ends if you die. Pop up seems even worse on episode IV. Shame they couldn't improve draw distance on the pc versions. 

Soooo... I have a PC now. Anyone here still playing PSO and willing to join me? I'm a noob and still don't know how to set it up on my PC, so any help is appreciated...

Great to see this topic bumped, but I haven't played for a long time now and don't really have the time to either. Sorry!

Assuming nothing has changed - once you pick which private server to play on - setting up shouldn't be difficult at all. 

Not bringing out a PAL and US version of PSO2 was one of the dumbest, most bananas decisions made in recent years. 

After watching a lot of live streams of the Dreamcast version recently I decided to go ahead and download Blue Burst for PC. Started playing on the Ultima server tonight on single player mode and I have to say it is pretty nice to play PSO with the exp gain multiplied by 5. Once I've played a fair bit and got to a decent level I'll try teaming.

Getting to a higher level is much easier with a friend/team. Not that I’m offering (not really got time or the right set up these days) but having a stronger teammate really helps you blast through enemies quickly.

So the closed beta for PSO 2 starts on XBox One next week, but it's still not available in Europe, does anyone know if there's a way around this?

On 29/01/2020 at 07:32, wev said:

So the closed beta for PSO 2 starts on XBox One next week, but it's still not available in Europe, does anyone know if there's a way around this?

At the very least, signing up is very easy:

- Download the X-Box Insider app, on your PC or X-Box

- Change your X-Box or PC's regional settings to United States (Of you're on XBox, it will restart the console)

- Open Insider App, apply for the beta.

After that, I'm guessing you just download the game on Monday (No idea if you need to switch regions, but I doubt it), and then play on the Saturday.

The real question is if there's going to be implementation of IP blocking - when Sega ran PSO2 in Japan, IP blocks were rife because of various DDoS attacks and the like, and a lot of foreign players had to use VPNs or IP Spoofs to play.

Given Microsoft's running this on Azure, my money is on that it will be far more lax, and the only reason why they're not announcing this for Europe is because there's a lot of F2P mechanics in the game that will probably need to be reviewed before it gets shit on by a class action or similar. However, nobody knows until, uh, we get the chance to log in.

• Upvote 1

I'll give that a go, cheers. 

Though if it works, how I'm supposed to play FFXIV and PSO2 I don't know!

PSO2 is pretty lax in terms of involvement, outside of daily bonuses. It has a very similar bounty system to Destiny 2 - so you'll typically log in to get a bonus, grab a bunch of things to do in a particular level and smash all of them at once.

Admittedly, this is while ignoring the story portion of the game, which looked incredibly sprawling and convoluted, albeit a lot of content. The idea that they're bringing it all at once is a bit mad, but welcome.

Right, well done all of the above, now just got to wait till next week, I'm assuming not everyone will get on.

So from my understanding the launcher will be available to download from 1am Tuesday (UK time), provided you've gotten into the beta?

Then it's probably Saturday for it to go live

Start a thread in Discussion? Assuming there isn’t one already for a 7 year old game! I don’t have an Xbox, but I would be interested to read comments from people playing.

The Beta is available to download right now!

Here's what I did in case anyone has any problems:

- I had my PC still located in the United States as my regional settings (I forgot to turn it back over, lol)
- opened my insider hub app (it needed an update)
- had a message saying that confirms beta spot
- looked in the microsoft store on my PC, My Library, All Owned, Sorted by most recent
- PSO2 should be on there. from there, you can just push the download to your console

EZ. There is a PSO2 English thread in discussion, but whatevs.

• Upvote 2

I've bumped one of the old PSO2 thread in Discussion too, there's probably a few knocking about. Downloaded the launcher this morning