rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Olympic (and Paralympic) Tickets

I figured a "some more have gone on sale" might be a useful thread. (Some went on sale a bit earlier, still a few left but not many).

I'll move my question from the main thread to here - Can anyone explain the ticketing for the paralympics? If I buy a ticket for the individual sports, that includes a day pass, am I likely to get into any of the other ones on that day if the individual tickets and the individual day passes have (at least currently) sold out?

Anyone know when's best to pick up tickets? Just heard on the radio it's a 90min queue at the moment! :unsure:

You can pick them up at any venue, you don't have to go to the park. No queue at North Greenwich arena for example, and if you go at any time other than before a gymnastics session you can go straight through security.

There's even what looks like BMX tickets, which I've been looking for for weeks, but we've called a halt here after my wife bought some relatively expensive athletics ones to complete our sessions in the Olympic Park on Friday.

I tried to get tickets for two slots of tennis, but after 15+ minutes waiting for it to check if any were still available, they weren't.

Only looks like expensive ones and/or sports I'm really not interest in left for the few days I could make now. Will try again tomorrow.

Ticket buying tips:

* Multiple web browsers looking for different sessions; preferably on different devices.

* We've had most success between 10.30 and 11.30 at night.

* Try and try again - I've had tickets that were "not available" suddenly become available.

• Upvote 1

What's the deal for just getting tickets to the Olympic Park? Want to go and have a look at it while it's still open. I can't find that option on the ticketing site though. Do you just rock up and by a ticket on the gate for access to the park only?

What's the deal for just getting tickets to the Olympic Park? Want to go and have a look at it while it's still open. I can't find that option on the ticketing site though. Do you just rock up and by a ticket on the gate for access to the park only?

They sold out. And I imagine once the Athletics starts on Friday, with that additional 240,000 people going into the park, they'll stop issuing any.

Tickets are up. My wait is "15 minutes or more" though for request and has been for 10 minutes. Tried it twice. Screwing up for anyone else?

I'm also in ticketing website hell.... want to go to bed, but the chance - however slim - of getting track cycling tickets is too good to turn down!

Down to 9 minutes.... back up to 11.... now 10..... aaargh!

Ahhhhgghh, got the chase to buy some volleyball tickets, with a Team GB match, but I was checking my browser in the other room, by the time I'd noticed, then gone and grabbed my card, I was too late, and it booted me off.

bally bally ball bags!