IGNORED

The Premiership - Season 28

SaintM

According to fifa; 86+ rated keepers = superhuman.

Keepers rated below 85 = Worse than Sunday League.

Graham has been replaced by PeteBrant who will be QPR. The site will be updated once his replacement is confirmed - which should be in the next couple of days. Feel free to play your games vs Pete, you just won't be able to enter the scores until it's all sorted.

According to fifa; 86+ rated keepers = superhuman.

Keepers rated below 85 = Worse than Sunday League.

Graham has been replaced by PeteBrant who will be QPR. The site will be updated once his replacement is confirmed - which should be in the next couple of days. Feel free to play your games vs Pete, you just won't be able to enter the scores until it's all sorted.

Eeek, I think mines 76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

logo_masthead_sun_248_90.gif

YOUR #1 PAPER FOR: TITS..THINLY DISGUISED RACISM...PHONE HACKING...FOOTBALL

BLOODIED BUT UNBOWED

Queens Park Rangers can hold their heads up high despite only claiming a point from their first two fixtures against established Premiership opposition

Game 1

Swansea 1 - 1 QPR

Nerves were jangling as Premiership new boys started their campaign against one of the leagues strongest players. Rangers started nervously, with Swansea have the better of opening exchanges. However, before long Rangers found their feet and started to pass well and control the middle of the park. It took a sublime through ball from Swansea to take the lead towards the end of the first half, which initially had Rangers screaming for offside, but was later proved to be a perfectly times pass on the reply.

Swansea were on the front foot at the start of the second half, before Rangers once again took control of the midfield and started to create. And on 86 minutes they were rewarded for their efforts when Taraabt somehow with his back to goal managed ot turn and shoot into the far corner to send the Rangers fans delirious.

Game 2

QPR 0 - 1 Swansea.

Some tactical changes from Swansea sought to nullify the Rangers midfield for this game. At first it didn;t seem to be working as Ranger created 2 or 3 good chances that should have seen them take the lead. However, once again Swansea showed their class taking the lead.

The second half saw Swansea dominate and it was only some inspired keeping from Kenny that stopped the Swans increasing their lead. Rangers were restricted to a few opportunities on the break as they struggled to get their possession based game flowing.

In the post match interview Pete Brant was in good spirits despite the defeat. "We played well" he said "The first game was a hard fought match and I felt we deserved the draw, the second proved we have a bit to learn at this level"

It will be particularly pleasing for Brant to have confounded the critics, particularly one Pants McSkill who predicted 6 points for the Swans in this fixture. The fucker.

Week 1 outstanding games

Donnie Darko vs Quinn

Week 2

Pete vs Quinn

Donnie vs Sith

Ricky vs Kirky

Pants vs Mardigan

Still early days for the season so no real patterns yet. Sith is currently top with full points from week one, but I'm sure he'll find Donnie made of stern stuff as they clash in the week's outstanding tie.

Pete, your replacement in the Champ still isn't sorted yet, so please keep on playing games that Graham is down on the site for and I'll let you know when it's sorted!

1) I didn't know about it when i signed up, was a decision in last few weeks.

2) I'll make myself available as much as possible to play the games.

Are you 5 hours on or behind Quinn, you may just have a few late nights here or there.

Have you for work, it always looks like such a fantastic place to live and everybody i know thats been there says its amazing, how are you finding it and where abouts are you?

good on you and good luck. :hat:

Week Two - It's Football O'Clock, Time For GOALS.

Neville.jpg

Well it's a smashing bunch of second fixtures in the Prem this week, there'll be goals, goals, goals let me tell you! Let's have a look how I see them.

Donnie darko vs Sith: OH MY GOODNESS, what a fixture to kick off with! Sith had a storming first week, winning both games against a hotly tipped Mardigan. But let me tell you, Donnie knows Sith's game very, very well. They've got an all-time head to head record of 20 games, with it swinging 11-4 in Sith's favour and 5 draws. But two of those stalemates came last season where both games finished 1-1, and let me tell you, Donnie's got a stronger team in FC Eto this season. I think that could grab him three points.

Prediction: A win each

PeteBrant v QuinnPFC: Our newly ex-pat resident Canadian Quinn will be looking at these games as a launchpad for his title challenge, tearing himself away from the Ice-Hockey and maple syrup to grab some goals. But let me tell you, Pete showed last week he's no push-over and was quick to point it out to anyone who would listen. Not only that, but PB was the only man not to get beaten by Quinn last season! A point would really help those relegation fears.

Prediction: A win and a draw for Quinn

Ricky vs Kirky72: Another rival-tastic match-up, with real-life buddies Ricky and Kirky going hammer and tongs to do one over on each other. There'll be no love lost here, let me tell you. There's so many factors to this match-up that it would take a brave man to put serious cash on the outcome of these games - You're much better off having a punt on the number of cards at more than 5!

Prediction: A win each

Gary's Game of the Week:

Pants vs Mardigan: What a clash we have here! Every time these two meet, it's nothing short of fireworks! We've seen time and time again that a goal can come at any moment in these games - be it the first minute (For Pants two seasons ago) or in the very, very last (For Mardigan last season). Let me tell you this though - This is a grudge match special. Not only did Mardigan do the double over Pants last season, he also knocked him out of the cup AND took some very dubious points from him in the FTL! But let me tell you, Mardigan will be smarting bad from his double defeat to Sith last week, he wants that title and he'd love it, love it to get one over on old foe Pants along the way. It's Lllorente vs Doumbia, it's Pants v Mardigan, it's Gary's Game of the Week!

Prediction: A Win each - and goals aplenty!

Week 2 previewAthletico Bilbao (MardiganX) v CSKA Moscow (Pants Mc Skill)

The History – Whether it's the 1v1, the FTL or just a couple of friendlies these 2 lads never have a dull game. It all started with a cup encounter three 1v1 seasons ago where Mardigan was able to dump Pants out and from there these 2 have clashed in every version and season of RLLMUK FIFA. Mardigan has been able to edge things recently but only just as these matches have always been very tight. Both know each other's play style inside out following these many encounters and it has allowed them to build a strong unity amongst all the adversary. Mardigan may be leading the stakes as far as the recent FTL match-ups go but Pants will be right up for these games as he looks to even things out. Pants plays great but Mardigan is a great player. Something's gotta give... DING DING DING

Movie Rivalry – Apollo Creed (MardiganX) vs Rocky Balboa (Pants McSkill)

post-20590-0-95842700-1344355375.jpg

Better to declare now, I'm away from the end of next week for one week, then back for 3 days leaving for China on 28/8 until September 13th then away a few days returning 16th September. Can I play everybody that falls between those dates next week if possible, I will post the results once played but if you confirm them at the right time to keep the suspense of it all going! As a back up I can try to squeeze the September games in during the few days I have inbetween (26/27/28th August) but I could be rather busy those last few days.

Let me know what you can do, I will send notes out to the affected fixtures via the official site, this is just an heads up in case you wondered why I am asking for the games to be played ahead of schedule.

Cheers.

edit : just checked and realised its nearly every game so I have snet notes out, just let me know whats best, ideally if I can get most done next week so I dont have top play 4 or 5 games in the last days before i head off to China, as if I dont get them played I will be too late.

Ricky Swansea 4 kirky Fiorentina 3

Open and exciting game this one, a bit too open. Ricky made all of the early running with created the better chances, I fluffed a few but my passing was generally poor. Trying a new formation for the first time against Ricky wasn't a bright idea and proved to be my downfall as Ricky took a 4 1 lead. I pulled back a couple of goals with a degree of help from the FIFA gods and set up a tense last 8 minutes with credit to Ricky he didn't just pass around to run the clock down.

Jovetic scored a hatrick but it was lost amongst the goal rush.

Kirky 2. Ricky 1

Much tighter game this time around. Plenty of chances throughout the game especially by Swansea but some good last ditch challenges and a couple of good saves kept them out.

It looked like being a surprise scoreless draw until the 83rd minute when Swansea scored from a corner. Gutted, Ricky apologized for scoring from and header, I don't know why I would have been chuffed with any goal. Four minutes later Jovetic did a double pirouette to slam in the equalizer. Not happy with the draw I pressed on and just two minutes later Oliveria knodded in from a good left wing cross. Slightly unlucky for Ricky being on the losing side with 18 shots to my 9 but only 1 more on target and more importantly one less between the sticks.

Running goal scorer count.

Jovetic 6

Oliveria 2

Apologies for the delay in starting my games. Only got Xbox set up today due to complications with just about everything. Have sent everyone i need to play a friend request and will hopefully get playing the games asap.

PS: I've not played in over a month so some people could catch me a bit rusty. :coffee:

Week 1 outstanding games

Donnie Darko vs Quinn - This needs to be played ASAP. I'll give it until the end of the week, but then I'll be looking for my 'bastard admin hat'.

Pete vs Ricky - These just need updating with the result.

Week 2 outstanding games

Pete vs Quinn - As above, this needs arranging please.

Donnie vs Sith - Waiting on sith.

Ricky vs Kirky - Ricky, you need to confirm the results.

Week 3

Sith vs Quinn

Pete vs Kirky

Donnie vs Pants

Ricky vs Mardigan

Some games hanging around a bit longer than wanted due to Quinn suddenly leaving the country to avoid certain 'enquiries' being made by the MET... which unfortunately means the table is pretty hard to read as there are too many gaps.

Sith is still looking strong, with a single point from his outstanding games likely to put him in provisional pole.

Game of the week is sith vs Quinn. The two pre-season favourites clash and with the expectation of the fans reaching fever pitch, it may well be feisty.

Try getting a decent broadband connection John, and stop relying on Bacups shitting work provided one!

56k isn't cool anymore!

Hiya Ricky, glad you could make it, I thought you had emigrated as well, as you have been a bit quiet in here, you used to be the life and soul!

Just played Quinn this morning at 7.00am to accomadate the time difference (him now being in Canada)and the connection was silky smooth (like my passing).

It must have just been a one off last night hopefully.

I will post or confirm the results after the games but Will not submit a match report ahead of teh fixture week and then will be away so I apologise in advance for lack of reports. I know they are shit anyway but I may try to do a sumamry catch up once I return.

Quinn I have just posted up the results if you confirm them next week, cheers. Forget this now, you can confirm when you like.

I was miked up for a bit to tell you this but couldnt get a repsonse so I guess you had no comms, dont worry though as I was going to explain the psoting and also that I would have to switch off as everybody in the house was still sleeping. Thanks for squeezing me in early.

Kirky I might be able to play post BAP tonight if that is any good for you? Failing that I might be able to do late tomorrow night?

Also, massive Bilbao press release coming later today revealing recent fixture results and more importantly an interview with front man Fernando Llorente who has had an inconsistent start to the season.

ATHLETICO BALBOA'D

post-20590-0-79260000-1345146245.jpg

Pants McSkill (CSKA Moscow) 1 – 1 Mardigan (Athletico Bilbao)

Llorente

Having had the best of recent encounters Mardigan went into this game confident and was hoping to bounce back after a couple of crushing defeats at the hands of Darth Vader the previous week. Rocky Balboa had other ideas though as he had clearly been training like fuck to get himself into shape for this fight. Mardigan AKA Apollo Creed had all the flair and post match support but it was the little guy Balboa that came out swinging the hardest early on netting a lovely goal early in the 1st half. Creed took a step back at this point and realised he had to change his game plan as he just couldn't get the ball moving with any pace in the midfield. Balboa kept coming as the half progressed and while Creed was on the back foot he managed to level with a great right cross in the 37th minute.

Creed felt nothing was falling for him as the fight went on while Balboa remained solid at the back and seemed like he could take any kind of punishment Creed dished out. Both fighters had great chances in the game but neither could really make them pay as their determination to not let the other man win came out on top. Llorente threatened very briefly for Creed in the 2nd half while the front line of Balboa caused all sorts of problems with their ridiculous pace. The fight ended with both fighters just going toe to toe but neither of them willing to budge.

Mardigan (Athletico Bilbao) 2 – 3 Pants McSkill (CSKA Moscow)

Llorente (2)

The inevitable re-match saw a much more balanced start to the game as Creed had clearly realised from their previous encounter that Balboa was not to be taken lightly. It didn't prevent Balboa taking an early lead though as he broke through Creeds guard and delivered a crushing left hook to the body, 1-0. Balboa remained tight as the half progressed with Creed pressing forward and just not being able to put the ball in the net. Munian had a great chance as he cut inside but he fired wide and then Llorente missed a header that he really should have scored. Balboa had chances of his own just before half time though with Doumbia in particular looking very dangerous.

It was clear from the 2nd half that both fighters had one tactic in mind and that tactic was ATTACK! First Creed equalised popping a stiff jab into the face of Balboa, sending him reeling before the tenacious Italian came back and clocked Creed with a powerful uppercut, 2-1. Balboa pressed the attack from here making good use of the wings and he was rewarded for this play as he smashed a right uppercut into Creeds ribs, 3-1. Creed was desperate now as he could see Balboa was in control of this fight and he conjured up some nice play in response. Weaving to the right he created a great chance for Munian but he shot wide in the 70th minute and then ducking under a Balboa hook he defended some nice play around the edge of his box. Time was running out for Creed going into the closing stages and with one last ditch effort he leathered a smashing drive into Balboa's face to make it 3-2. Creed tried everything to get the equaliser and as both fighters hit the canvas during injury time it was Balboa who rose to his feet and stayed strongest to take the win and a well deserved 3 points.

Great games Pants mate and a lot of things that seemed to be going for me in previous games just weren't there for these games. As always tough matches and very little in them although I felt your front line were just a bit too sharp for me. They will do a lot of damage this season and I am glad to have got these games out of the way early as I can see this CSKA team being right up near the top come the end of the season. A pleasure chatting as always bud and all the best in your remaining games.

Apologies for the lack of formatting and pictures lads but I will tart it up tonight. My browser is fucked and won't let me edit things properly so this is the best you are getting for now. I will update the report from my games with Ricky once he confirms the results.

Kirky I might be able to play post BAP tonight if that is any good for you? Failing that I might be able to do late tomorrow night?

Also, massive Bilbao press release coming later today revealing recent fixture results and more importantly an interview with front man Fernando Llorente who has had an inconsistent start to the season.

Hi Mardigan, Ive got a double header tonight with Sith and Darko which I'm trying to squeeze in, it might not be reaslistic to try for anotehr set, ive got from aroudn 8pm or 830pm dependant on baby sleep time and before BAP so its a bit tight. I cant wait until after, its too late for me. I can do tomorrow but not too late, as I'm up and our hopefully for around 6am on Saturday for a nice drive to Great Yarmouth. Can we try soemwhere between 8pm or 9opm, if not then a week on Sunday night would be good 26th August, let me know.

Thanks for clarifying the result reporting Wincho, i wont post a massive load of match reports before my travels.

Cheers.