IGNORED

The Premiership - Season 28

SaintM

rllmiukleaguebanner.gif

This thread is for use by members of The Premiership.

It is to be used as a 'home point' for discussion with your fellow league members.

Managers / Current Table / Fixtures / Results

Your admin is SaintM

#################

Important Information

#################

Please read the 1v1 League thread for a general outline of the league.

* The full rules can be found HERE. You must abide by these, so read them!

* You are responsible for arranging to play your home match.

* All match arrangements should be made via fixture notes on the website.

* If a match has not been played during the initial fixture week, it should be arranged and a note added to the fixture via the website to ensure the admin staff are aware of your arrangements. If a match passes the fixture week without being played and does not have a note attached it will be deemed a foul offence.

* You are free to play games early. Results added to the site will be automatically revealed on the fixture date. You should not post anything that might indicate the results before the fixture date (this includes match reports, hints etc). The rules lay out the repercussions for doing this.

* You should enter your results on the website. If you have issues with the website contact SaintM.

* You must use the latest squads for all rllmuk league games. Ensure you have correctly applied any official squad update. Any modifications including LIVE SEASON are not permitted. You can turn live season off in the game settings. Repercussions include a warning, points deductions and being removed from the league if you use an outdated or custom squad file.

* You must use TACTICAL DEFENDING controls for all rllmuk league games. It's the default setting so don't panic if you haven't changed anything. The LEGACY DEFENDING control setting is not permitted. The use of CUSTOM FORMATIONS are not permitted either. Repercussions include a warning, points deductions and being removed from the league if you are found to have broken this rule.

Any changes to the league format or rules will be announced in the Steering Group thread.

* If you have a question regarding the rules, or any other aspect of the league please contact your admin or post in the League Discussion & Feedback thread.

Most important of all, the main aim of this league is to have fun so lets keep it friendly and everyone will enjoy it!

Recent rule changes:

Forced online squads

Hi chaps.

We've a more streamlined setup this season to give us a shorter fixture list as we build up to FIFA13. I'm sure that won't make the competition any less fierce as players look to cement their place in the top division before the new version mixes things up.

The cup setup is also changing this season: a group stage starting in the 5th fixture week running through to the end of the league season, followed by a knockout for those fortunate enough to qualify. More details about this will be posted closer to the time.

As you might have seen in other threads, there is an ongoing drive from the admin team to get the league back to it's core qualities. We want to see more interaction, more match reports, more banter and more fun. Details will be revealed in time, but for now just think about what you could do to help rebuild the community spirit and what you'd like to be a part of. For starters It'd be great if everyone could post a match report from their games!

We'll be posting weekly updates on the current situation in the leagues to keep things moving along and ideally we'd like to see the fixtures played on time as we don't want things to build up.

Good luck everyone!

Week 1

Donnie darko vs QuinnPFC

Sith vs Mardigan

Pants vs Kirky

Ricky vs TBC*

* Graham Dunn has pulled out at the last minute, which leaves us with a gap for the time being. The newly formed Arbitration Panel has been tasked with deciding on the best course of action as a matter of urgency.

Right lads :) I am on holiday until Tuesday night so my epic movie related predictions will need to wait a few more days. Needless to say we have a cracking bunch of players in here and I expect there to be some fantastic games along the way.

So predictions, reports, banter, breaking news from the training ground we want to hear it all. Let's give FIFA12 the send off it doesn't really deserve :lol: we are the heroes FIFA deserves but not the ones it needs right now... we are whatever FIFA needs us to be... we are silent guardians, watchful protectors, we are... The Premiership Knights. I knew I could get a movie reference in there somehow ;)

QUINN AIMS TO END EVERTON BARREN SPELL

everton-badge.jpg

QuinnPFC has today spoken for the first time since being appointed boss of Merseyside outfit Everton FC. Having lead his previous two teams Bayern Munich and Juventus to back-to-back (undefeated) League Two and League One titles respectively, Quinn has rapidly rose in the world of RLLMUK Football League.

Quinn pointed to a Everton's home record as a priority in ensuring, at the very least, a title challenge. Expectations will be high at Goodison Park given Quinn's two previous accomplishments, but the gaffer aimed to play them down. "Everybody must respect that we have 7 other competitors of very high standard in our league and it is certainly a step up in class from anything i've managed to date". Quinn continued, "I do have some tactical masterclasses planned for the coming season, not least man-marking Santos (Sith) player Neymar. :omg:

goodison-park-497486262.jpg

Quinn has pinpointed Goodison Park as key to a title challenge.

Just to keep y'all up to date on what is happening... PeteBrant will be replacing Graham, but the site won't reflect that until his place in the Champ is backfilled.

Hopefully it'll all be sorted out over the weekend, but feel free to play him before then Ricky.. you just won't be able to report them until it's on the site.

post-20590-0-04169800-1343828469.jpg

1 – QuinnPFC (Everton) AKA Bane – An absolute wrecking ball of a player and if fellow Premiership managers are not on top of their game then he will destroy everything we love and cherish. If Quinn is allowed to play the way he can then I’m afraid Gotham will fall... forever.

-----------------------------------------------------

2 – Sith (Santos) AKA Catwoman – A premiership stalwart and proven quality in the 1v1 stakes. Neymar is the key to Santos success here but will it be enough? No doubt a creepy little PVC cat suit and whip will help keep the team in line.

3 – Ricky DVT (Swansea) AKA Scarecrow – This guy knows the 1v1 game inside out and had it not been for the team choice in Swansea I would have them 2nd. It is Swansea you picked Ricky isn’t it? I mean that is what the league website says. Swansea. SWANSEA!! Who knows what goes on in the mind of Dr Crane though the guy is mental, as his team choice proves. Diagnosis... SWANSEA??!

4 – MardiganX (Athletico Bilbao) AKA Batman – Not afraid to take on the forces of true darkness I will do everything I can to stop the plans of Bane and his army. Everything centres around Llorente though, without him I am just a rich man in a very nice Tuxedo. It’s not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me this season so simply surviving this battle to remain part of the Premiership for FIFA 13 would be smashing.

5 – Donnie Darko (Anzhi Machaklalkchaklallkachaka) AKA Rhas Al Ghul – A mystery to me having never played Donnie but like his ancient army he has been about since the beginning, ensuring society remains balanced. Rha’s is without doubt a dangerous opponent though and could well finish high above this humble prediction.

6 – Pants McSkill (CSKA Moscow) AKA The Joker – Batman’s true nemesis and capable of producing absolute anarchy on the football field if his opponents aren’t on top of their game. A powerful attacking line in CSKA will be hard to defend against but when it comes to the physicality of the CSKA defence I think the Joker may struggle. If you want to know what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object then tune in for this seasons CSKA v Bilbao matches.

-----------------------------------------------------

7 – Kirky (Fioretina) AKA Commissioner Gordon – Gordon is no doubt a useful ally on his day and when everything is aligned can produce some very solid play. The step up to Gotham’s Premiership battlefield may well be too much for the lowly police officer but he has cheated death before.... can he do it again??

8 – Pete Brant (QPR) AKA Alfred – Promoted by virtue of his fantastic forum spirit and general presentation Bruce Wayne’s butler is a role model for any aspiring RLLMUK FIFA player. A solid player on his day and certainly won’t be easy to beat but when it comes to the cut and thrust of a physical battle the old boy may well be out of his depth. Milk and 2 sugar please Alfred.

All the best for the season ahead lads and let’s make it a cracker. An old friend once told me a story about a thief who hid in the forest so he couldn’t be found. He stole jewels and other things from people but no matter what they did they just couldn’t catch him. I asked him, how did they catch him? He told me they burned the forest down :o I guess what I am trying to say is when pure evil shows itself then we must be prepared to do anything to stop it. Quinn is pure evil, right to the core and will steal everything you have if you let him beat you. We can’t allow our fair city to fall into the hands of a mad man like this, we must do our part to stop the evil, restore the balance and enjoy it along the way :) Oh and let’s not let The Joker run amok either eh?! I nearly ruined myself keeping that cunt at bay last season, I don’t know if I have it in me to do it on my own again.

A HERO WILL RISE!!

I don't think I've ever played Ricky , Sith or Donnie 1V1 before, so that will be interesting. I have , of course played my old nemesis Pants on many an occasion not to mention Kirky and Mardigan. Both of whom I have dismal records against. However. I'm not one to shout about things but

I WAS THE ONLY PERSON QUINN DIDN'T BEAT LAST YEAR

Sadly, I don't think Mardigan is too far off in his prediction of a rock bottom finish for me, But its an honour to be playing at the highest level, even if only for a season.

I can't believe Ricky has picked Swansea, must be taking on the mantle of picking the crazy team from his good pal Tommy.

Quinn seems a cut above most so expect him to breeze through again.

Don't fancy my own chances too much but looking forward to the challenge.

Good luck everybody.

Officer Gordon

200px-PFK_CSKA_Logo.svg.png

CSKA Moscow. Nicknamed 'The Army Men', they are the former Russian Military team. To a point that the Russian Ministry of Defence is still a shareholder in them. This is naturally a wonderful turn of events for me, as it allows me to make numerous Cold War references, post anything vaguely Russian Military related (like the poster for The Hunt for Red October) and consistently allude to the entire team actually being controlled by Putin himself.

But all of that would be doing a dis-service to the current manager, the wonderfully named Leonid Slutsky - name so comically stereotypical, if you were to ask anyone what the Russian for 'slut' was, they'd reply "ummm..Slutsky?".

200px-Leonid_Viktorovich_Slutsky_2012.jpg

Lenny Slut, yesterday.

He also had his playing career cut short by a knee injury at the age of 19, sustained after falling out of a tree to rescue a neighbours cat called 'Fluffy'. What a guy.

Hi Pants

Are we going to get it on tonight in whats normally a tight encounter.

I've had a couple of games practice with Fiorentina and dont have a lot to say about them really other than they have one very good player who hopefully will score me a shit load of goals. (A shit load of goals for me is normally an average of 1.15 per game so most likely 1 every other game in Prem).

catch you later.

Ps you nicked my team you fecker!

Week One - Let's Get It ON

Neville.jpg

Well it's a smashing bunch of opening fixtures in the Prem this week, there'll be goals, goals, goals let me tell you! Let's have a look how I see them.

Donnie darko vs QuinnPFC: Quinn's been unstoppable in the lower leagues, and let me tell you, it's a brave man who'll state otherwise this season. But Donnie's no push over. He's been a premiership regular for a damn good reason let me tell you - he just quietly gets on with his business of wining games and picking up points. So for me, the spoils will be shared.

Prediction: A win each

Pants vs Kirky: Old foes these two. It's always fireworks when they meet, let me tell you. There'll be no love lost and both will be eyeing this as an early relegation 6-pointer. CSKA have the better attack, but Fiorentina should be able to control that midfield. It's almost too close to call, let me tell you.

Prediction: A win each

Ricky vs PeteBrant: It's the battle of the small club team choices here - Swansea vs QPR. Ricky is pure class - we've seen him light up the top division time and time again. He was runner up last season and let me tell you, I've been there. It hurts. He'll be desperate to put that right. Pete will be finding his feet, he's had less preparation time than the other teams and that could really hurt him.

Prediction: 6 Points to Ricky

Gary's Game of the Week:

Sith vs Mardigan: What a clash we have here! These two are quality players and both will be thinking that with a bit of luck, they'll have their names on the trophy come season's end! They both score goals for fun so let me tell you, the punters will be in for a right treat here. But if anyone can stop Ganzo and Neymar, it's Mardigan. The question is, can Sith stop Llorente?

Prediction: A Win and a draw for Mardigan

Hi Pants

Are we going to get it on tonight in whats normally a tight encounter.

I've had a couple of games practice with Fiorentina and dont have a lot to say about them really other than they have one very good player who hopefully will score me a shit load of goals. (A shit load of goals for me is normally an average of 1.15 per game so most likely 1 every other game in Prem).

catch you later.

Ps you nicked my team you fecker!

My defence are shonky enough to raise that average to oooooh.... at least 1.16 per game. :D

My plan is to ignore that and simply outscore everyone. Easy game.

Week 1 previewAthletico Bilbao (MardiganX) v Santos (Sith)

The History – Having enjoyed 4 seasons together at Rovers under the management of Sith, MardiganX found his BAP feet and flourished into one of the leagues current stand out Centre Backs. A relationship that withstood a stiff test when MardiganX controversially moved to Athletic it is one that retains a mutual respect and admiration for each other’s abilities. This respect was shown beautifully when the pair met in the FTLv2 as both teams took a win each during 2 exciting encounters. Never met in the 1v1 set-up with Sith maintaining a strong Premiership presence Mardigan will be looking to topple his former manager and get his season off to a winning start following back to back promotions. Sith is without doubt a powerful opponent though and stands a huge test for Mardigan in the opening fixture of his first Premiership season.

Movie Rivalry – Luke Skywalker (MardiganX) vs Darth Vader (Sith)

post-20590-0-43105200-1343908810.jpg

Just to confirm... all of my matches will have a specific movie rivalry related to them so all pictures and some of the match events will centre around this on screen rivalry :)

Delighted to see Gary Neville making an appearance for this season Pants, great work mate.

NO MARDIGAN... I AM THE WINNER... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

post-20590-0-77214300-1343984386.jpg

Santos (Sith) 4 - 0 Athletico Bilbao (MardiganX)

Athletico Bilbao threw themselves into this game having had no pre season friendlies and only a quick squad review following their managers much needed holiday. Going with the preferred 4-3-3 formation that has become a staple of the managers set-up Skywalker looked solid enough but ended up showing a lack of ideas and indeed discipline against an impressive Darth Vader. Llorente looked dangerous early on as he rattled the cross bar with a header that was to be his 1st and last effort on goal as Vader went on to dominate. Some nice passing in the final 3rd gave Vader an easy finish before Ganso celebrated following a goal keeping howler from Skywalker as he let himself get skelped by a flying box. Vader was well in control in this 1st half and Skyalker could only respond with a Munian effort that flew wide in the 39th minute.

The sadness continued for Luke Skywalker in the 2nd half as Vader pressed the attack. Skywalker was sucked out of a window in the 57th minute as Santos grabbed a 3rd and then the rout was complete shortly after as Vader appeared from the shadows, forced Skywalker onto the back foot and then tucked the ball into the net to make it four. Skywalker was all over the place at this point and could clearly see it was going to take a lot more from him to get back into this game. However, it didn’t come as Vader remained solid right to the end and finished this tie leaving Skywalker lying on his back wondering what was going to happen next...

Athletico Bilbao (MardiganX) 0 - 2 Santos (Sith)

At this point Skywalker knew he had to change things up a bit so he kept things a lot tighter with his passing. A quick slash left then right got him some space but he just couldn’t get the goal his play deserved. Vader defended several strong attacks with good play in the midfield and a few great last ditch saves with this Light Saber. Skywalker was losing strength. Just before half time Luke mustered all the energy he had and went all out to win the ball back and while he had Vader shaken for a moment all it did was anger the Sith Lord as he promptly gathered the ball, worked it nicely up the park and then

promptly chopped Skywalker’s hand off

to make it 1-0. The young Jedi was left reeling at this point and backed away hoping for some more luck in the 2nd half.

Vader had Skywalker by the berries now though and he knew it as he continued to move the ball about well and create lots of space. Skywalker remained calm though as he backed up onto a pylon and played the ball around the wings looking for a way back into the game. Skywalker thought he had made the break through a couple of times midway through the half with the best being Munian unbelievably missing an easy chance but once again Vader had an answer for him. At this point Vader took control of the game again moving the ball well around the midfield and creating lots of space, which led to the killer blow and it was clearly one from which Skywalker could not recover. Working the ball well on the edge of the box, Vader slid a nice pass between Skywalker’s defence giving Neymar the easiest of finishes. Why Skywalker’s 2 Centre Backs let the ball roll right past them when either of them could have stretched out a leg to stop it is anyone’s guess. Vader went onto to dominate from here and all that was left was for Skywalker to accept his fate and hope their next encounter had a better outcome for him.

Toughest games I have had for a long time Sith mate and the scores reflected that. As I said it was the first I had played with Bilbao and it showed. Had to get the games played though as my fixture backlog is horrible and to be honest I don’t think me practising with them would have made much difference. Santos are fantastic on the ball and their pace at the back cancelled out my pathetic wing play, which is usually a lot better. Hopefully I can get some practise with them over the weekend and get some points on the board in my next game. Well played mate and all the best!!

It is the most convincingly I have been beaten in a long time and just goes to show even if you use the same formation with different teams all the players have so many little nuances that you NEED the practise to get sorted with them. Hopefully I can pull myself back together for Return of the Jedi.

As predicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-19029-0-63504800-1344182993.jpg

760.gif Pants McSkill (2 - 1) kirky72 66.gif

As with previous encounters between these two promoted sides the opening game proved extremly tight.

After a rather cagey and cautious start by both sides, the Russians took the lead out of the blue with a powerfully struck free kick which appeared to go through the keeper.

Fiorentina struck back just before half time as the keeper could only parry out an angled strike which fortunately fell to Oliveriera on the six yard box to control and tuck into the corner.

Thr Italian side struggled to string their passing together but seemed good vaue for a draw until a poor pass from the left back was intercepted by Gonzalez who strolled un opposed and floated in an angled dipping shot from 25 yards. At first glances it appeared to be a wonder goal and desrved winner however the manager was a little dissapointed with the keeper Brouc as the shot was fairly central and he was beaten for height whilst being on his line.

PFC CSKA Moscow - Fiorentina

66.gif kirky72 (2 - 1) Pants McSkill 760.gif

A much brighter start by the Italians who passed the ball much better in this game, both sides set out to express themselves a little more and only good defending kept the goals out early on.

Fiorentina scored early in the second half with some smart passing around the area. Not conent with settling for the one nil victory they pressed on for further goals. The italian manager regretted his decision not to pack out the defence when CSKA hit back on the break on 82 minutes. Mindful of the freekick prowess of Honda and co the defence held back and retreated further and further trying to cover the runners only to allow the midfielder to rifle in a low shot into the corner from outside the box.

The Italian coach settled himself and issued instruction to go all out for the win not wanting to let his old foe slip in front in the long running battle, in the last minute the slow paced winger stumbled down the flank and through over a wel placed cross which the impressive croation forward out muscled the defence to power home.

Fiorentina - PFC CSKA Moscow

Running stats

Well played Pants sir, a tough battle as always.

You have actually posed the scores as both 2 1 to myself, I only noticed after I had already confirmed them. So the powers that be might need to correct it.4

UTTERLY EQUAL GAMES BRING NO SENSE OF CLOSURE TO ANYONE

165740263.jpg

Tense-est games for weeks end in bore-rifficly predictable 2-1 win apiece.

760.gifPants McSkill (2 - 1) kirky72 66.gif

Dzagoev

Gonzalez

66.gifkirky72 (2 - 1) Pants McSkill 760.gif

Dzagoev

http://vimeo.com/47024545

Dzagoev curls home a free-kick in game 1 and a hits a thunderbolt in game 2, Gonzalez won't be out done with a long-range curler, Dumbia misses two 1-on-1's and Kirky nets the game 2 winner in the last minute.