IGNORED

Line of Duty (BBC)

Stanley

I may have the order of events mixed up but didn't Kate become an undercover cop just months after running through the streets chasing a bad guy whilst firing a gun? She would have been one of the most famous people in the country after that.

1 hour ago, JPickford said:

Played by the worlds worst actor.

She's not even the worst actor in most of the scenes she's in, because that dubious honour goes to Martin Compston and his "I've seen EastEnders a couple of times" attempt at a East London / Essex accent.

Another really good episode tonight.

Spoiler

The entire raid scene was really well done. Very tense. I knew it was going to be Hargreaves.

I also think it's pretty inevitable now that Stephen Graham's character will either commit suicide or get killed.

I still don't believe the real H is Hastings, although that might just be wishful thinking :(

I hope we get a really long, tense Phoenix Wright-style interview scene soon. They're the best.

So yeah, I always had 

Spoiler

Hargreaves pegged as dodgy but given the way he went out tonight, it's clear he's just another errand boy.

It's gotta be Polly Walker. But I think Saint Ted knows it, he's luring them all in to take them down but at the same time, they're trying to pin it all on him.

Season one ended pretty well. Totally ludicrous but quite tense and involving. 

Started watching season two. What the fuck is going on? So convoluted and the narrative devices used for exposition are daft. Going into the toilet to look at a name on your phone because you're fucking him and his wife was killed. 

That was gripping, really enjoyed it. 

On 12/04/2019 at 09:32, JPickford said:

Played by the worlds worst actor.

Have you seen this is England? She's incredible in that. I think it's more to do with writing.

Went to a Q&A with Mercurio and 'stars' (which meant Maneet, Gill and McQueen), and he said they are still negotiating with the BBC about if there will be a series 7. The sixth is already committed to, as they always work two ahead so they can resolve some of the plot lines.

Is that company (DCI?) Moffat is repping a bunch of scamming fuckers wanting that £100k "deposit" to get Hastings bad investment back? I assume they'll say it didnt pan out and piss off with everybodies money again?

16 hours ago, McFly said:

Is that company (DCI?) Moffat is repping a bunch of scamming fuckers wanting that £100k "deposit" to get Hastings bad investment back? I assume they'll say it didnt pan out and piss off with everybodies money again?

This bit is the most unbelievable part of the plot to me, more so than all the ott shootings and twists and turns.

You're telling me that Hastings is clever enough to head the unit, yet stupid enough to fall for an investment scam twice in a row?

Him falling for it once was hard to believe. It's completely out of character for him. He'd be a classic "keep all your money in a savings account" type person, he's incredibly risk averse. 

That whole plot point just doesn't ring true. I wish they'd gone with something else causing him financial difficulties. Perhaps an ill wife who's treatment isn't covered by the NHS or something. He just isn't the gambling type.

53 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Maybe it’s part of his enquiry. Jackie Laverty was a property developer.

This is the only twist that makes it make sense I think, that it's a long con where he's baiting the corrupt officers out. 

However he is a stickler for the rules, and actually involving yourself in a dodgy financial scam doesn't exactly seem like the most effective way to expose it.