IGNORED

Line of Duty (BBC)

Stanley

No spoilers please but we've started watching this as we watched the bodyguard and thought there was some decent TV in there in amongst the convoluted stuff. 

But this first season is adorned with a terrible acting from the lead and some extremely clunky old BBC dialogue. 

Does it improve?

2 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

No spoilers please but we've started watching this as we watched the bodyguard and thought there was some decent TV in there in amongst the convoluted stuff. 

But this first season is adorned with a terrible acting from the lead and some extremely clunky old BBC dialogue. 

Does it improve?

Yes, it’s definitely worth sticking with.

2 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Does it improve?

Yes it does. Stick with it!

Word. I thought S4 went a bit too far

Spoiler

Maybe it was just because that Jodie lassy was such an unbearable suck up to Ros.  Her constant "yes ma'am" believing and doing anything and the stiching up of Ros' husband was annoying.

So what do we think about the Scouser's chat with Steve?

Spoiler

He's clearly gone full on merciless Punisher as far as bent coppers are concerned but I refuse to believe he's right about Hastings, Ted is a beacon of decency and purity in a vicious and corrupt world. I remain convinced the nefarious H is Steve's ex's boss, hence why she's popped up again this ep.

Spoiler

See this is were I think we have all been wrong and that H has been in plain sight all this time!  H is mrs Hastings!!  She has been running the whole thing behind teds back!  poor fella will be heart broken even more  so when he has to wheel the Missues in! 

22 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

So what do we think about the Scouser's chat with Steve?

Hide contents

He's clearly gone full on merciless Punisher as far as bent coppers are concerned but I refuse to believe he's right about Hastings, Ted is a beacon of decency and purity in a vicious and corrupt world. I remain convinced the nefarious H is Steve's ex's boss, hence why she's popped up again this ep.

Spoiler

Ted Hastings being 'H' because 'H' is the first letter of his surname, is some stupid assed shit. 

It's up there with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi hiding out as 'Ben' Kenobi. Proper throwing people off the scent there, mate.

Line Of Duty is a decent British drama but like so many it's little things that let it down in my opinion.  One thing that did my nut in episode two was:

The powershift between Stephen Graham and the woman who we were supposed to believe was the undercover officer in episode one.  She's now putting the pressure on him and asserting her experience and power in the organisation but all that's changed is that the viewers now know who's who.  Their relationship shouldn't have really changed but it clearly has.

Whether it's the need to squeeze everything into relatively few episodes or not I don't know but there is always something just missing from these shows when compared to the best American ones.

I'm watching 3 and 5 and enjoying 3 a lot more. The current series does seem to be throwing in a lot of annoying red herrings and is generally a bit OTT.

I also thought it was funny that the baddies can only unwind/celebrate by spending their money in the shittest nightclub ever. The writer's been playing too much GTA.