Line of Duty (BBC)

Stanley

I hadn't seen a single episode of this until about a week ago.  My girlfriend kept badgering me to watch it as I enjoyed Broadchurch so much (well, series 1 and 3 of Broadchurch...) 

So I started series 1 of LoD on January 11th.  I watched the last episode of series 4 last night - a binge fest like none other.  Absolutely fantastic TV - all 4 series are superb.  If I was to rank them, I'd probably go 3, 4, 1, 2 but even series 2 is better than the vast majority of drama shows around at the moment. 

Top stuff - love it!

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/01/2018 at 13:06, Jamie John said:

I hadn't heard of this programme at all but decided to watch season 4 it after it came second (following Handmaid's Tale) in the Guardian's top TV of 2017 list. I can't remember the last time I watched a British TV drama, as inferior as it tends to be compared with American TV, so I was a bit dubious to begin with, but - as others have said - it's fantastic. So tense! The interview scenes, especially, were completely breathless, and the whole thing had the wife and me guessing right up until the end. We watched the whole series over six nights and spend 20 minutes after each episode discussing it.

Top stuff. We're going to watch the series now. I think they're all on iPlayer. Are they as good?

We finished watching the entire thing last night. The other series are, indeed, as consistently fantastic as the fourth. I think series 3 might even be my favourite, when everything starts coming together. Ted Hastings is my new hero!

Will there be a fifth series this year?

53 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

We finished watching the entire thing last night. The other series are, indeed, as consistently fantastic as the fourth. I think series 3 might even be my favourite, when everything starts coming together. Ted Hastings is my new hero!

Will there be a fifth series this year?

I'm pretty sure the continuity announcer mentioned that it will be back this year.

Seems like the writing has begun

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/line-of-duty/news/a850037/line-of-duty-series-5-writing-officially-under-way/

Edited by sofasurfer

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished series four, very happy to see a new series is on the way. I mean it's total bonkers but i  love that there's a thread that links each series together which hints at a much larger conspiracy. Hastings is an absolute boss. The actor who plays Arnott is awful though, what's with that?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Just finished series four, very happy to see a new series is on the way. I mean it's total bonkers but i  love that there's a thread that links each series together which hints at a much larger conspiracy. Hastings is an absolute boss. The actor who plays Arnott is awful though, what's with that?

He’s Scottish. (Your opinion of his acting has just gone up by 1,000,000%. You’re welcome.)

• 3 months later...

I watched Bodyguard before seeing Line Of Duty. Bodyguard was very entertaining, but Line Of Duty was far, far better. I watched all four series over consecutive weekends.  It made me re-evaluate Bodyguard which, compared to LoD, was a bit of a dog's breakfast. Can't wait to see this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/03/2019 at 17:42, Stopharage said:

From the makers of The Bodyguard? Let's hope Line of Duty doesn't shit the bed in it's final episode too then. 

I think that’s a bit unfair.

Bodyguard shat the bed in episode 3. Spent a couple of episodes rolling around in it. And spent the last episode licking the sheets.

Enjoyed it, but...

Spoiler

Are they saying that the whole over arching conspiracy from the first four series is actually being run by an undercover copper? I assume that there must be people above him, otherwise that seems a bit odd.

13 hours ago, Sirloin said:

Enjoyed it, but...

Hide contents

Are they saying that the whole over arching conspiracy from the first four series is actually being run by an undercover copper? I assume that there must be people above him, otherwise that seems a bit odd.

No, there's the overarching 'H'. Seems clear, however, that the new antogonist is also:

Balaclava Man from Season 4, as there was a blatant replica (in terms of build and pose from the CCTV last series) shot near the start when he removed his balaclava.

I'm pretty sure at this point that H is:

The northern guy, Hargreaves, who's been around for a while. It can't be Hastings, because as well as breaking my heart if it is, he wouldn't be living in a run-down hotel if he had money. I'm sure that we'll be led up the garden path a LOT with this, though.