rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy_Sephy

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/07/14/jojos_bizarre_adventure_hd_ver._confirmed

This just in, guys: In a bizarre twist, Capcom announced today that we will be bringing an HD, feature-filled upgrade of 2D fighting classic

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

to Xbox Live on August 21st and PSN on August 22nd for 1600 MSP and $19.99 respectively, titled

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD Ver

If you missed out on this game back in the PS1/Dreamcast era, here's the basic gist. Based on a famous story arc from the hit JUMP manga series of the same name, JoJois a most gorgeous Capcom fighter of the zaniest order. Expect insane combos and a dynamic, over-the-top roster. Each character has the power to unleash a supernatural familiar known as a "Stand," giving them access to incredible special moves.

The coming version will also include upgraded HD visuals and a robust set of online features comparable to those in

Super Street Fighter IV

and

Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Between this and Marvel vs Capcom Origins the month after, it's becoming silly season for Capcom fighters again.

Jojo's is the one where you can drop steamrollers on mans, yes?

I would like this but it would need to wait until a sale, and then no-one will be playing it so that will probably make me think twice and I won't bother. I don't know where they get 1600 points from as a reasonable price for this when 3S was 1200, unless that tanked worse than I thought.

1600msp sounds right if this is proper HD with redrawn sprites.

I doubt they'll have gone to the trouble to do proper redrawn HD sprites given how fluidly the game animates. SSF2THDR didn't work out too well, and that was much less work than a CPS3 game would be. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

It will surely pretty much be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Just Like Third Strike Online Edition Edition, won't it? I'd guess at it having 3SOE's various filter options at best and just one standard filter locked in at worst. They probably figure that the people who wouldn't buy it at 1600 wouldn't but it at 1200 either, so why not just take more money from the suckers.

I'm probably in. I played a bit this morning on my laptop and I still don't really understand it. It's fun to do supers where the floor becomes a giant mouth that chews people up, though.

Great news, I've never played this. That price probably isn't going to do it many favours though.

Curious emulation fans might like to know that it's supported by ElSemi's CPS-3 emulator (and perhaps newer versions of MAME/Kawaks) - I played a bit of it back in the day but didn't know what the heck I was doing. :(

The only reason were getting it at all is because they will have done more of the hard work updating it for Japan and when they releases Thirs Strike. JoJo's is enormous in Japan, and this will probably do huge business there, they release it at whatever price elsewhere because they just want to make whatever they can overseas.

Between this and Marvel vs Capcom Origins the month after, it's becoming silly season for Capcom fighters again.

I don't really understand this comment. is there a reason why we wouldn't want more legacy Capcom fighters available on current platforms?

1600 points though. Capcom.

Nice little video I noticed on SRK.com highlighting the system mechanics

I don't really understand this comment. is there a reason why we wouldn't want more legacy Capcom fighters available on current platforms?

Diluted online player base would be the main one, IMO. That applies to all developers, not just Capcom

I think people are more worried about the online player base of other relatively niche releases suffering when the next niche fighting game comes out. These kinda games seem to be populous for the first week, and then die out, with only wild superhuman veterans bothering after that, mostly.

I'm more than happy to snap up every fighting game released though; I'll have my 360 as some sort of Fighting Game Mega-Machine.

I do hope the 360 still runs in ten + years time and doesn't die in 2020 when MS go bust or we achieve the singularity or something. If it's still going it will be an excellent fighting games machine. With that in mind I'll be picking up Jojo's. I even downloaded a wee Android app called Mango which let's you read the Jojo comics on your phone but I've got sidelined reading the excellent One Piece from the start.

I'll be maining Joseph since he has my name and drinks coffee. His stand looks a little boring though; like a sort of ghost spaghetti. Actually, ghost spaghetti makes it sound excellent after all.

I might get this 'app' and read the comics also. I have no idea how to do that though. Are 'apps' the most modern thing? Lasers were the most modern thing when I was a kid.

I think people are more worried about the online player base of other relatively niche releases suffering when the next niche fighting game comes out. These kinda games seem to be populous for the first week, and then die out, with only wild superhuman veterans bothering after that, mostly.

As this also applies to basically every other genre, I don't really see this as an issue. It's still a better situation than these games not being released at all.

I'm more than happy to snap up every fighting game released though; I'll have my 360 as some sort of Fighting Game Mega-Machine.

I think you'll find JLM has already trademarked that title.

It's completely irrelevant to me, because I play all of these games against the same people. I guess some people worry about it because fighting games probably have less of an online audience than shoot 'e mans. I do read a lot about people struggling to find opponents on 3rd Strike Online, Skullgirls and even UMvC3, so maybe they're justified. I'm just happy to have access to so many games from the dashboard.

I know very little about JoJo's - for ages I had it confused with that Waku Waku game until I actually played the rom sitting on my hard drive and was surprised that it wasn't. But reading some bits of comics I've learned it's a kind of camp, neo-gothic, hard-rock referencing, dynastic soap Opera where everyone's named after bands/rockstars like Dio, Robert E.O Speedwagon or Alvin Stardust.

Joffo - if you've got an Android phone just download Mango - Apple's got Manga Storm or something. I don't know how legal it is but when I can read One Piece on the bus to work I don't care.