Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - 2014

I've not read the GOTG comics either - but it just looks great. I'm just using my imagination and the quality and tone that the other Marvel movies have had. A motley crew of space assholes fucking shit up in a bid to stop some galactic evil? Sounds good to me.

That spaceship design (the shot with the fighter flying, also the lego model) is also one of the best i've seen for a while.

1392672507000-MILANO-GUARDIANS-GALAXY-MO

Knowing nothing about GotG. I'm struggling to see what's so good about this?

Because as much as I've loved the things Marvel have done with superhero movies since the Avengers, comicbook movies need a good kick in the arse and start covering more than the "scrappy origin-dark middle-concluding third" routine we've seen in a dozen or other so movies.

A crew of misfits on an adventure through space whilst the universe hangs in the balance, seems just what the good doctor ordered. That and James Gunn, and the appealing visual aesthetic and the promise of Karen Gillian and Zoe Saldana in a cat fight are enough to get my fat arse in a seat.

I thought it was a great trailer but to be honest a couple of the lines fell a TEENSY flat for me: the 'a-holes' one* and Pratt's 'hey' as confronts the guy fiddling with his Walkman. Also his 'aww come on legendary thief' or whatever to a lesser extent.

I get the intention behind both and I like them in theory, but they feel a bit flat in the trailer. Really a minor niggle though. I really like the whole tone and feel but some of the performances in the trailer don't feel like the best take they could have filmed of the material. Anyone remember Ford's 'part time' line in INDY 4?

I dunno. It's probably fine.

* I get that they can't say arseholes or whatever, but can't they bleep it? Or have him say something that sounds a bit natural? It's not that a Brit would NEVER say that, and he's also a 'Brit' leaving in outer space but still it didn't quit pop for me.

I've watched this about 20 times. I agree with Smitty that the delivery on some of the lines *could* have been better but the overall tone is just beautiful. With Hooked on a Feeling in this and Blue in Iron Man 3 Marvel are making the best use of pop music since Tarantino.

I thought it was a great trailer but to be honest a couple of the lines fell a TEENSY flat for me: the 'a-holes' one*

* I get that they can't say arseholes or whatever, but can't they bleep it? Or have him say something that sounds a bit natural? It's not that a Brit would NEVER say that, and he's also a 'Brit' leaving in outer space but still it didn't quit pop for me.

Peter Serafinowic didn't want to say the line for the same reason. It does sound a bit strange to our ears. Maybe it will play better with american audiences.

With Iceburn on this one, not read the source material but I'm not feeling that trailer- seems to be trying a bit too hard. I think Slither was a genuinely entertaining film from start to finish, so fingers crossed. The A-hole line was clunkingly shit and no Brit worth his salt should have read it without an American accent.

I thought it was a great trailer but to be honest a couple of the lines fell a TEENSY flat for me: the 'a-holes' one* and Pratt's 'hey' as confronts the guy fiddling with his Walkman. Also his 'aww come on legendary thief' or whatever to a lesser extent.

if it's anything like the Lego trailer, it's all out of context and chopped up to provide a funny trailer without spoiling the gags shot for shot in the final film. Here's hoping.

Was just gonna say it's Farscape...

Starlord/Crighton - Human lost in space..

Drax/D'Argo - Warrior with murdered family

Gamora/Aeryn - Raised to be a soldier..

Groot/Zhan - Plant based lifeform

Except for being small, Rocket isn't much like Rygel though.. :)

With Iceburn on this one, not read the source material but I'm not feeling that trailer- seems to be trying a bit too hard. I think Slither was a genuinely entertaining film from start to finish, so fingers crossed. The A-hole line was clunkingly shit and no Brit worth his salt should have read it without an American accent.

Yep, I thought it looked pretty average from the trailer. Despite being a comic reader since 1977 I had never heard of GOTG until the film was announced. Ok, I'm more of an indie/vertigo reader,but even so I dont think most people have ever heard of it. And the type of humour its going for seems very at odds with Iron Man or Thor. Still, I thought Super was great, so here's hoping.