Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - 2014

Looks great but i'm still not really feeling Cooper as Rocket.

Yeah he's not doing it for me either. He's just too damn... American and so obviously Bradley Cooper. I can't unhear the cockney vo Capcom gave him for their Marvel games. Maybe that would have been too severe for Marvels liking for the film but I'd of certainly given him an accented English voice. Scottish maybe, or German even given there is a Racoon population there - if you wanna get all 'realistic' on me.

If that trailer doesn't sell this to the doubters then nothing will.

I’ve loved all the Marvel movies but I’m on the fence about this one. I don’t know any of the characters here and I’ve no great interest in the bigger Marvel universe – I just like the individual hero stories. I’ll probably go and see it because James Gunn is involved but it looks a bit bland to me and I find Chris Pratt incredibly irritating.

I can't remember a trailer ever having as much of an impact on me as watching that new one. Given the characterisation of the other Guradians the American accent feels right for Rocket I think. I happen to like Bradley Cooper and in the trailer anyway he seems to have captured the aggressive side of Rocket, which Cooper hasn't really done before. I think it will work just fine. The "Oh..... Yeah" line is glorious.

It just looks so much fun. Bursting with colour and humour and not weighed down with the expectations of a well known license. My tip for my Movie of the Year and can't fucking wait for it!!

The joke at the end was great :)

I'm not a fan of Marvel's space stuff in the comics, and I lean away from the comics which are entirely set in space or feature it regularly. Even when my favourite characters go into space I'm not hugely into it, but Christ that looks great. Might read some of the newer guardians stuff this is based on, I've only ever read the old ones.

The joke at the end was great :)

I'm not a fan of Marvel's space stuff in the comics, and I lean away from the comics which are entirely set in space or feature it regularly. Even when my favourite characters go into space I'm not hugely into it, but Christ that looks great. Might read some of the newer guardians stuff this is based on, I've only ever read the old ones.

Ignore the newest stuff and start from Annihilation (which launched the chain of events leading to the last GOTG series which is what got the film made...the newest stuff...splits opinion).

I know you said you don't like the space stuff, but this brought cosmic marvel back to the forefront a few years ago (and in "self contained" style...)

Worth a punt

Also for those who aren't interested in the wider Marvel universe, for a long time the cosmic stuff was pretty much its own self contained thing. Technically it was part of the same universe but there was no crossover with Earth for a long time, and as a result the writers had much more freedom with the story. Both Annihilations, Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy were ace, and the Inhumans stuff was pretty good too. I think I stopped reading after War Of Kings, which is when things seemed to be petering out.

Ignore the newest stuff and start from Annihilation (which launched the chain of events leading to the last GOTG series which is what got the film made...the newest stuff...splits opinion).

I know you said you don't like the space stuff, but this brought cosmic marvel back to the forefront a few years ago (and in "self contained" style...)

Worth a punt

I'm in! I'll let you know how it goes :)

I'm in! I'll let you know how it goes :)

Oki doki. On the phone so can't link - but make sure to look for Annihilation (and/or lead ins Silver Surfer. Nova, Super Skrull, Ronan)

Annihilation: conquest is the sequel from a few years later (while strong, it's not as good)

Ive loved all the Marvel movies but Im on the fence about this one. I dont know any of the characters here and Ive no great interest in the bigger Marvel universe I just like the individual hero stories. Ill probably go and see it because James Gunn is involved but it looks a bit bland to me and I find Chris Pratt incredibly irritating.

After the word movies everything in this post is the exact opposite to how I feel about this movie.

It's like someone's looked into my brain and posted it as a joke.