IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

The 59fps is happening in Mario Kart of course, just can't see (lol, intended) how without measuring the frame rate using computers, anybody can see it at all.

How can you not see it? It's just so glaringly obvious.

My wife watches shitty music channels and 99% of the videos on there suffer from the duplicate frame thing. It's so annoying, and a real shame that it's crept into computer/console games.

It might just be me that can't spot 2 duplicate frames happening for 33ms; either my age or that I'm sliding around a corner dodging shells and having fun.

Whatever the case, it's not glaringly obvious. If I see it next time I play I'll probably trade the game in.

Back to XO, just sat down to finish Game of Thrones short but sweet. Looking forward to the next episodes.

Oh — Halo 5 beta officially begins tomorrow!

The big question is what time - they better not shaft us in the UK like they did with the early access and make us wait till 9pm tomorrow night to get a game I want to be doing a works day on it 9-5.

Halo MP is stinking today - voice chat issues and terrible lag at times - best avoided.

they have faster CPU's than 360, both of the last gen consoles were based on PowerPC cores, which are RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computers) they could run a single instruction per CPU Cycle, so the higher clock speed was essential, the current consoles being x86 based are CISC (complex instruction set computers) which means they can do many things in a single cycle.

TL:DR - Clock Speed doesn't mean faster as you need to quantify faster at what, it's faster CPU cycles, but they are doing less with each cycle.

Does that mean the p4 i was running over 4ghz a decade ago is not quicker than the slow i7 multicore chips today :o

The big question is what time - they better not shaft us in the UK like they did with the early access and make us wait till 9pm tomorrow night to get a game I want to be doing a works day on it 9-5.

Halo MP is stinking today - voice chat issues and terrible lag at times - best avoided.

Xbox have just tweeted at 5pm saying..

"@Xbox: Only 24 hours to the #Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta."

So best guess, 5pm tomorrow.

THE BETA GOES LIVE ON DECEMBER 29th AT 9am PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (UTC-08:00)

The beta currently greets anyone trying to get further than the main menu with an error message saying that there are server issues. The reason for this is 343i has not flicked the on switch yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Pre-load the Halo 5: Guardians Beta starting tomorrow December 28th 2014

The size of the Halo 5: Guardians Beta weighs in at 10.27GBs

The Halo 5: Guardians Beta runs from December 29th - January 19th

TO THOSE WHO RECEIVED EARLY ACCESS

The Halo 5: Guardians Beta has an 8GB update

Note: The update for early access users went live last week so it is possible you already have it installed

You can see a countdown here: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/halo

Note: The countdown is relative to your timezone, so it might say 00:00:00:00 for some already.

If you are curious as to when the beta is going to be playable in your time zone check here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

How to download the Halo 5: Guardians Beta:

- Turn on Halo: The Master Chief Collection

- Select Extras

- Select 'Halo 5 MP Beta'

- A short video from the Halo Channel will play

- You will be taken to the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta store page

Where do friend requests appear now please? It turns out I'd received several from people on the forum, but didn't know about them until I went into the "Friends" app, and changed the display to "Followers", at which point they appeared in order of most recently added- but there didn't seem to be an actual notification anywhere.

On the 360 there was an envelope icon when you received a friend request or message, but on the Xbox One, the counter next to your gamertag just seems to relate to achievement notifications.

No it's all under notifications not just achievements but it clears down and looking once clears the lot - you did it the right way check your followers list and add those you want.

You can have a thousand friends but an unlimited number of followers so you don't necessarily want to address every single person who follows you.

New people : http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/25-xbox-one-tips-and-tricks-for-getting-the-most-out-of-your-console-1249714/2

Cheers Yoshi - I guess I must have missed them in Notifications. They were probably at the far end of the PS4 menu-style row of notifications behind a load of Titanfall achievements.

Speaking of Titanfall, I'm still really enjoying it but the player numbers are super-low; 38 people playing Hardpoint on the North Europe datacentre this morning - it's like Gears 3 all over again :(

I like the way the game shows your actual ping to whichever datacentre you have selected; ALL games should do this.