IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

I wouldn't worry now dude. I only picked up my One just before Destiny launched and one of my main criteria was the media stuff. It's been absolutely flawless for me, and now Plex is there it's pretty much perfect. IPlayer would be a good addition though.

Selfishly, I just want everyone to buy an Xbox, so I've got loads of people on my friends list.

It's been really good to see the steady flow of people coming in here saying they've jumped on board.

I'm pretty confident that over time it'll become the console of choice for the majority of discerning console gamers, just like the 360, with the PS4 having those few must-have exclusives.

I'll always have a PS4, unless Bloodborne turns out to be a complete turd. If you asked me this time last year if I'd consider getting a Bone, I'd have said no, but since Spencer came on board, the focus shift towards games, games, games again, and the consistently great/useful OS updates I'm definitely going to be buying one within the next few months. Forza Horizon 2 has been the thing to push me over the edge, it just looks and sounds like pure fun.

Crackdown being developed by the original DMA guys fills me with hope for that, too.

Selfishly, I just want everyone to buy an Xbox, so I've got loads of people on my friends list.

It's been really good to see the steady flow of people coming in here saying they've jumped on board.

I'm pretty confident that over time it'll become the console of choice for the majority of discerning console gamers, just like the 360, with the PS4 having those few must-have exclusives.

I think a lot of ex-360 gamers who went with PS4 are drifting back over to the Xbox platform. As always the games are getting delivered and Halo etc is on its way... Thing is with consoles its all about software, services and hardware combined. A complete package. MS nail that every time. Technically theres not much between the consoles TBH. Not enough to worry about anyway. They will both play host to some awesome games.

MS definitely seem to have the whole OS thing licked from a delivery perspective. A monthly update cycle for something which requires a significant amount of testing is pretty admirable. And some of the features going in are pretty substantial.

Like others have said here already, the forums' turnaround in opinion has been fairly remarkable.

Like others have said here already, the forums' turnaround in opinion has been fairly remarkable.

In the end MS are delivering quality experiences. They are listening and changing what gamers don't like and adding features that people want. Everything works and is delivered when they say it will be. Holds a lot of weight with people that.

Although if they weren't in the position they are currently in.... competition is great lets put it that way!

Must say the Xbox 360 was my favourite console I have owned. It added lots of little innovations to online console gaming we now take for granted and are often overlooked. J Allard and his team did an awesome job*. Never forget the first time I booted up and played Project Gotham Racing 3 back in December 2005. Wow was it that long ago.... sigh feel old LOL. Glad they are now getting back on track.

* initial hardware excepted LOL.

I'll always have a PS4, unless Bloodborne turns out to be a complete turd. If you asked me this time last year if I'd consider getting a Bone, I'd have said no, but since Spencer came on board, the focus shift towards games, games, games again, and the consistently great/useful OS updates I'm definitely going to be buying one within the next few months. Forza Horizon 2 has been the thing to push me over the edge, it just looks and sounds like pure fun.

Crackdown being developed by the original DMA guys fills me with hope for that, too.

And this is the dumb mentality of gamers distilled to perfection. It's exactly the same hardware it was last year. And although they had a rough start, so are probably fast-tracking a lot of things, I don't doubt it's practically* the same console experience they had planned all along.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but you seem like exactly the kind of person Sony knew they could capture with their extremely over-hyped marketing.

*albeit getting delivered in a slightly more palatable manner.

I think there is a middle ground that you are missing.

PS4 has still got strong potential advantages. Raw power and a very good indie scene as well as stronger Japanese development potential.

I now have both and am loving the Bone at the moment but there is a long way to go yet. If the One ends up being the console for the hardcore gamer and the PS4 wins the mass market race I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

No idea - I've got 10 points to date in 7 months apparently which makes me a shitty beta user :lol: Fry has 670 !!!

Just saw my 670 surprised you.

I've just been testing and answering question/surveys on the dashboard app, must say I've treated it a bit like a game with achievements.

If anyone is interested here's a picture of the rankings and ammount required.

http://imgur.com/i9kLYRg

Maybe MS will actually do domething with this since they have put some thought into it, I at least expect a free theme!

Your post really does seem to be the dumb mentality of a fanboy. Nothing has changed? Despite the fact it has a better software lineup now than at launch, is £100 cheaper and doesn't have an inflated price for Kinect (there's your hardware change), has frequent updates that a lot of people in this thread say are significant and put the OS ahead of the PS4s and a year for Phil Spencer to show he's not as moronic as the previous head (at least in public).

Basically the opposite of what you said: everything's changed.

Cut through all the bullshit and it's still the exact same hardware underneath though.

Sony sold their dream based on MS's failings at that E3 and have yet to deliver on their promises, whereas MS have been constantly delivering.

I'm not a fanboy by any stretch, and I'll be picking up a PS4 for Bloodborne, but I do think Sony used MS's mess up to sell lies.

I just find it a shame that people were so quick to judge, and ultimately that's where my dumbness comment came from.

It isn't dumbness though is it? The Xbone was my first console of choice this gen. Unfortunately, it didn't do what is said it would regarding media, Kinect stank (the voice stuff never worker properly for me) and the multiformat games were worse than PS4. Therefore I swapped to PS4, where the media stuff (although more limited than Xbone) did work, titles like Infamous were decent first efforts and games like Battlefield 4 ran better. In the meantime MS seem to have sorted themselves out, particularly with exclusives like FH, hence my temptation to swap back again despite my disappointment with the Xbone first time around.

It's all good, healthy competition that's stimulating each manufacturer. Still debating whether I want a box that fugly in my living room though!

I still don't foresee Xbox One becoming my console of choice despite me having more friends on it. The Xbox 360 I owned from launch and I still love it now, but I just prefer the PS4 for speed at the moment.

Speed of what exactly? Not being flippant. Genuine question.

It isn't dumbness though is it? The Xbone was my first console of choice this gen. Unfortunately, it didn't do what is said it would regarding media, Kinect stank (the voice stuff never worker properly for me) and the multiformat games were worse than PS4. Therefore I swapped to PS4, where the media stuff (although more limited than Xbone) did work, titles like Infamous were decent first efforts and games like Battlefield 4 ran better. In the meantime MS seem to have sorted themselves out, particularly with exclusives like FH, hence my temptation to swap back again despite my disappointment with the Xbone first time around.

It's all good, healthy competition that's stimulating each manufacturer. Still debating whether I want a box that fugly in my living room though!

Maybe it's because I didn't jump into this gen until Destiny that I haven't had to deal with any of your stated problems that's tainting my view a bit then. There wasn't anything I wanted until Destiny for me anyway, so it was good to see how each console developed.

You can't deny the amount of reactionary shit people were spouting about the Xbox was pretty dumb though, especially now it seems that a lot of those people are buying one after vowing to never to go near it.

I agree that the competition has been good though. What a difference a year makes.

I don't agree with the way he put it but I agree with Jons sentiment.

The backlash against MS was extreme and it could he argued that the effects it has had, the watering down of the sharing, removal or DRM, removing Kinect from the experience has had some negative effects. Kinect especially. I'm not sure why people are so pleased that MS have ditched it so the consoles are basically the same now. The feeling of I Told You So leaves a sour taste in my mouth and its one thing I wish MS had not done. Though I see the sense in the business decision due to the cost.

And this is the dumb mentality of gamers distilled to perfection. It's exactly the same hardware it was last year. And although they had a rough start, so are probably fast-tracking a lot of things, I don't doubt it's practically* the same console experience they had planned all along.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but you seem like exactly the kind of person Sony knew they could capture with their extremely over-hyped marketing.

*albeit getting delivered in a slightly more palatable manner.

No disrespect Jon, but this makes you sound like a dickhead.

The hardware wasn't something I had an issue with (Kinect aside - I didn't want it forced on me, and they've made that an option now). The position they're in now, you could argue they wouldn't be in had everybody not bought a Playstation 4 instead. Competition is good, and given Microsoft's past form, they work best when they're playing catch up.

Sony didn't 'capture' me with their marketing, the launch line-up and (urgh) window titles were simply more interesting to me, personally. That coupled with the constant release of indie titles has me more than satisified, the thing leaving a bitter taste in my mouth is PSN being unstable as buggery, and Sony being incredibly silent when it comes to fuck ups. I'm glad MS announced their DRM plan and scared a vast majority of people off, it put the Xbone in the position it's in now.

People changing their minds as MS changed theirs, is that really such a shocker to people?

I was the staunchest anti boner around, but MS won me over by showing their commitment to games. Their E3 conference was nothing but game trailers from start to finish, bookended by a humble promise to refocus, react and improve. Can't ask for more than that.

I fail to understand why people don't buy all three. They all have brilliant games which deserve to be played (well the PS4 has the promise of brilliant games...). Each only costs the same as a couple of decent nights out, hardly breaking the bank.

I fail to understand why people don't buy all three. They all have brilliant games which deserve to be played (well the PS4 has the promise of brilliant games...). Each only costs the same as a couple of decent nights out, hardly breaking the bank.

Pretty sure I will get a PS4 at some point, normally end up with all 3 consoles, but last gen my PS3 sat at my Mum's house as it never got used, and this gen it will be the last to be bought, Wii U was first, now the X1, will wait as usual to get it at a price point that suits me.... and when I can make a space under the telly for it, with a Wii U, PS2, X1 and 360 under there at the minute, there is not much space left, and I still have many games to go back through from the X1 before even thinking on the PS4 :)

I was the staunchest anti boner around, but MS won me over by showing their commitment to games. Their E3 conference was nothing but game trailers from start to finish, bookended by a humble promise to refocus, react and improve. Can't ask for more than that.

Exactly this.