Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Some new freebie game called Voice Commander has just been released in the US - you can grab it by changing console region but I just changed the region on xbox.com to United States.

EDIT : The download didn't kick off as the game is unavailable on the UK market so you do have to switch region even if you start the download over xbox.com - you only need to let it do a couple of percent then you can switch back (or just let it finish it's not very big).

Created by Microsoft Garage, an in-house group of "hackers, makers, artists, tinkerers, musicians [and] inventors", it allows eight players to defend the Earth using controllers, while other users can chip in using Kinect voice commands. If you live outside North America, you'll currently need to change your region to get hold of the game - just head to Settings, tick the appropriate box and reboot the console.

image_41960_fit_940.jpg

-Xbox One hardware failure rate is significantly better than 360

Not to criticise the XB1's stability, which I am sure is very good for first generation hardware, but they could have picked a better basis for comparison. The only piece of hardware which broke down more than the 360 was the hyperdrive on the Millenium Falcon.

So, like Lorfarius, I've just turned my XBone on for the first time in a week, and it's just sat on a black screen with a white XBOX logo on it. Hasn't changed in the last ten minutes.

Any ideas what this could be? Time to get a replacement?

Ahoy. I'm finally onboard. Picked up a full fat version from Asda. I now need a game and was hoping to ask if people know true best place to get any of the following cheap and digital? I'm thinking options are either other country's store, eBay or any special offers on the UK store?Dead risingForza 5Forza horizon 2TitanfallAny of those available anywhere cheaper than £50 does anybody know? Also. How much is d4 on the store? Can't switch it on till later. Excited.

Not sure why my post looks like that. Sorry!Rambling like a madman.

Here's a couple of sites that'll come in useful:

Disc based:

http://xboxpricecheck.com/

The online store prices by region:

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

If anyone was looking to get Lords of the Fallen you can get the day one limited edition for £34.99 as TGC have a 10 hour flash sale up for it. same with the PS4 version.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/lords-of-the-fallen-xbox-one.html

Yiggy you should check for digital codes for sale on ebay - particularly for Titanfall !

That Voice Commander game is a curious one. It has the best voice commands of anything I've played which is strange as it's only out in the US so I was expecting issues but not once has it failed to pick up commands. It makes you play with the pad and speak simultaneously to setup turrets and move the "vox" about and it's a strange feeling. It also has the most amazing subtle use of the rumble feature so far when you thrust. It's kinda crap in terms of what it puts on the screen but I'm enjoying it a lot. :wacko:

-Universal game preferences coming soon (?)

I'm guessing this is the feature to set things like a defaulted inverted thumbstick preference as the OS level rather than having to specify this every time you start a new game.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Official Xbox One Digital TV Tuner (Xbox One)"

Estimated arrival date: October 28 2014

Ah well, next week then...

I'm guessing this is the feature to set things like a defaulted inverted thumbstick preference as the OS level rather than having to specify this every time you start a new game.

Yep another old 360 feature that was missing from day one. At least we should be getting it back soon.

Got Titanfall from that link for £22 so will give it a go.

Would people say Forza 5 is worth it for £25? Or should i just go straight for FH2? I like a good driving game but am not obsessive.

Tried Crimson Dragon out as its free. What a pile of turd.

Just out of curiosity, does Kinect have voice commands to change tv channel on the actual telly?

Mine lets me adjust volume up and down, but didn't see any options for other functions.

Apparently you just say "xbox watch <channel>" - "xbox select" highlights contextual commands in green text.

http://theultralinx.com/2013/11/list-xbox-kinect-voice-commands.html

If I'm on the main dash should I just be able to say Xbox Start x to launch a game. Haven't quite sussed the voice commands yet.

Also is there a way to quit the game if it's in the home screen suspend state? Feels weird with it just hanging there.

If I'm on the main dash should I just be able to say Xbox Start x to launch a game. Haven't quite sussed the voice commands yet. Also is there a way to quit the game if it's in the home screen suspend state? Feels weird with it just hanging there.

Yes - "xbox go to <name of game>" but you have to get the name of the game right - it's usually explicitly how it's written on the pins if you do "xbox select" you'll see them all in green.

When at the dash have the cursor on the main window showing the game, press start and choose quit to close it down.

If I'm on the main dash should I just be able to say Xbox Start x to launch a game. Haven't quite sussed the voice commands yet. Also is there a way to quit the game if it's in the home screen suspend state? Feels weird with it just hanging there.

Of course if you always quit the game then it won't be in the same place when you re-launch it, which kinda defeats the point.