Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

How do you set the backgrounds?

I only got around to setting the preview dashboard the other day and aren't sure if I have the latest one with this option yet actually.

Go to settings->system and there's an option on the bottom left it'll either be greyed out saying "update unavailable" or "update console" or words to that effect.

If you've got the update again go to settings and there's an option on the bottom left (again) that's "My Xbox" - set the option there then whenever you pick an achievement there's an option to set it as your background.

Also, the option to configure twitter is on the same screen above "My Xbox" there's another one called "sign in & passkeys" or something like that - do it in there :)

It did say unavailable but I couldn't see anything about background pictures anywhere so wondered if it hasn't come through yet?

Possibly not - they do it in phases. Leave your console in "Instant on" and it will do it when it arrives.

Why? You chose to buy the gimped edition.

My Chromecast (bought for peanuts) can switch on the TV and tune it to the correct input via HDMI.

One would have imagined a £300 device that is being punted as the ultimate media centre would manage to do it.

The HDMI standard that allows it is hardly bleeding-edge tech.

My Chromecast (bought for peanuts) can switch on the TV and tune it to the correct input via HDMI.

One would have imagined a £300 device that is being punted as the ultimate media centre would manage to do it.

Mine switches the channel to HDMI1 when I turn my xbox on - it should definitely do that bit. You need kinect for the TV/Amp control stuff though.

There's a local pickup eBay Xbone pack near me that ends in a few hours. I have been in comms with the seller and he does seem legit through my own assessment method.

Unit is 6 weeks old and boxed (purchased from Game) but due to being bought as a birthday present he has no receipt.

I'm not suspicious of that at all, however what I was wondering is how much a problem that would be if it goes wrong? Would I be able to get a swap out or warranty cover directly from Microsoft in this case? Or is buying a unit 6 weeks old without a receipt REALLY not a good idea?

Normally I would agree with you but we're talking a potential £130 saving on retail even taking deals into account.

I see on MS site it says you can get repairs all done through Microsoft so long as you register the console. So long as the system can be transfered in their system then I can't see a problem. Anybody have any experience with this or dealing withy the MS support process?

Mine switches the channel to HDMI1 when I turn my xbox on - it should definitely do that bit. You need kinect for the TV/Amp control stuff though.

Hmm. Mine doesn't. Nor does my Chromecast. Seems like that's something to do with my TV then. Might have to look into that. It's a little thing but for some reason I really appreciate when things like that work well.

Normally I would agree with you but we're talking a potential £130 saving on retail even taking deals into account.

I see on MS site it says you can get repairs all done through Microsoft so long as you register the console. So long as the system can be transfered in their system then I can't see a problem. Anybody have any experience with this or dealing withy the MS support process?

I bought mine used, one of the pads is drifting to the left, went through MS support, registered the console to my GT ( other person hadn't registered it I don't think, or if they had, it is transferable), set up a repair / replacement for the pad and sent it away.

Seemed easy as pie, I have no bill of original sale either.

Are all your HDMI ports HDMI-CEC enabled?

I would expect so. I can't imagine why one would be and the other two wouldn't. I'll try swapping them round later and find out.

I think usually they're not all - try plugging it into HDMI 1 that's actually recommended when you do the video calibration.

I'm about to take the plunge! Even though I have a PS4, and just wanted one console this generation (I do have a Wii U of course for Nintendo first party goodness) and just enjoy everything on that.. but I'm a Halo fanatic and just can not resist.

I've tried to fish for some good deals on the Forza Horizon 2 pack as I want to go digital with MC collection.

Thought I would check here to see if there were any other good deals on the go?

I'm about to take the plunge! Even though I have a PS4, and just wanted one console this generation (I do have a Wii U of course for Nintendo first party goodness) and just enjoy everything on that.. but I'm a Halo fanatic and just can not resist.

I've tried to fish for some good deals on the Forza Horizon 2 pack as I want to go digital with MC collection.

Thought I would check here to see if there were any other good deals on the go?

Be good to have you back on-board man !

Has anyone ordered a TV tuner yet? I still have an old freeview box, and far too many devices for available hdmi ports, so this could be a handy and cheap replacement.

Also, I could be tempted by a preview invite if there's one going.

Has anyone ordered a TV tuner yet? I still have an old freeview box, and far too many devices for available hdmi ports, so this could be a handy and cheap replacement.

Also, I could be tempted by a preview invite if there's one going.

Just ordered one :)

You need to share your gamertag if you want an invite to the preview!

Just ordered one :)

You need to share your gamertag if you want an invite to the preview!

Realised that after I said it, so added it onto my profile.

I'm confused by this TV tuner release date, as it was "announced" as released yesterday, but amazon reckons Friday yet isn't taking orders anymore.