Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

These updates must be designed to make sony look stupid, and microsoft look like a real OS expert company. Seems to be working. Especially pleased with the background wallpaper option, as shallow as that sounds.

Haha! It wasn't so long ago you accused me of only wanting an Xbox One for the 'fluff' of its media centre capabilities and now you're championing wallpapers.

I'd also love an invite if there's a cheeky spare going round. Thanks. Gamertag is MatMurray

Also, the Xbox One TV Tuner is out today. I'm kind of excited, as I don't have Sky anymore, and it feels like I'm missing out by not having TV going through the Xbox.

Very impressed with this.

And it's about 24 quid I noticed that Amazon are doing the tuner and a remote for £40 may get that next month.

It hasn't gone unnoticed by me how much more positive this thread is now. Not saying criticism was unwelcome but some of it was plain silliness.

I think it's a perfect storm of Forza Horizon 2 being amazing, Driveclub being broken and the XBone having features people want added to the OS (DNLA etc) - it's certainly what pushed me over the edge.

Have to say coming off the back of a PS4 I'm shocked about how quiet the XBone is - my only gripe is navigating the UI but that's something I'll get used to (and will be further streamlined over time by the looks of it)

Well done MS - after a PR disaster of a launch you're winning back the hearts and minds of gamers by actually delivering what they want.

It can definitely switch on the TV and flip the channel.

Can it do that without Kinect? No idea if it does HDMI control as well or not but I know the Kinect definitely fires IR signals out to change channel/volume/power on, etc.

For those without a Kinect could it turn out that TV,TV,TV could actually make them want one after all?

"A joy to play."

Seems like it's even got a game worth playing now and everything.

"A joy to play."

I actually like this, had a play around on the demo the other day and it was fun, digital download price is a joke though, £59.99!

I don;t like it that much, pretty sure there will be some of these in the bargain bin come Christmas time, so will get it on the cheap then.

Also, if there are any of those Beta Program invites for the Dash doing the round Mr Do 71, I would be most grateful for one, thanks :)

That can't be right. It's only £55 on the US store for the version that comes with every piece of DLC.

Sweet lord, I didn't expect Fantasia to be reviewing so well. Who knows, Sunset Overdrive might actually turn out to be not terrible at this rate.*

2014 truly is the year of the PS3 PS4 Bone.

*Just kidding, it's going to be grade A gash and we all know it.

Haha! It wasn't so long ago you accused me of only wanting an Xbox One for the 'fluff' of its media centre capabilities and now you're championing wallpapers.

Not arsed about media centre stuff, I plug a laptop into the tv and use a mouse + keyb. But a console should have wallpaper, its basic. Ive no shame in being impressed with MS's dashboard updates.

Got my Bone all setup (the startup screen is not very Plasma friendly :lol:). I wouldn't mind one of these preview invite thingy-ma-bobs if anyone has another going spare. :)

GT: Layte

You bought one? I thought you were joking

That can't be right. It's only £55 on the US store for the version that comes with every piece of DLC.

Sweet lord, I didn't expect Fantasia to be reviewing so well. Who knows, Sunset Overdrive might actually turn out to be not terrible at this rate.

2014 truly is the year of the PS3 PS4 Bone.

Deluxe Digital Bundle Pre-order ( can't see anything else on the X1 storefront) - £59.99 release date 24/10/14 , Amazon etc have it for about £42 for a physical version.

Strike that, just found the standard edition on there for £44.99

I actually like this, had a play around on the demo the other day and it was fun, digital download price is a joke though, £59.99!

I don;t like it that much, pretty sure there will be some of these in the bargain bin come Christmas time, so will get it on the cheap then.

Also, if there are any of those Beta Program invites for the Dash doing the round Mr Do 71, I would be most grateful for one, thanks :)

Yeah that price is ridiculous. Keep an eye on this site and when it gets added see if you can DL it for cheaper from one of the other Xbox stores.

HK,India and Japan are usually much cheaper. I brought the Sunset Overdrive Deluxe edition from the HK store yesterday and it was £37.32 on there vs £60.99 on the UK store

I see Halo is currently £34.21 on the Japanese store.

Invite sent.

Can it do that without Kinect? No idea if it does HDMI control as well or not but I know the Kinect definitely fires IR signals out to change channel/volume/power on, etc.

For those without a Kinect could it turn out that TV,TV,TV could actually make them want one after all?

I have kinect but I've just gone an enabled this. It's in settings then TV/Audio, it's done via HDMI so shouldn't have anything to do with kinect, works a charm.

Hang on. So I've got my Sky box running through my Xbox One, but when i switch to TV I use Sky's EPG.

When I've tried to set it up I can only get so far. I get to a screen that either asks me to attach a Kinect or some IR receiver thing, but I don't have either.

Is there a way to set it up so I can use the pad with the One guide then?

Hang on. So I've got my Sky box running through my Xbox One, but when i switch to TV I use Sky's EPG.

When I've tried to set it up I can only get so far. I get to a screen that either asks me to attach a Kinect or some IR receiver thing, but I don't have either.

Is there a way to set it up so I can use the pad with the One guide then?

I think that might be because the Sky box can't be controlled over HDMI so you need an IR blaster (either Kinect or a bespoke one) to mimic a remote control. However not having a Sky box I can't say for definite.

Yeah that price is ridiculous. Keep an eye on this site and when it gets added see if you can DL it for cheaper from one of the other Xbox stores.

HK,India and Japan are usually much cheaper. I brought the Sunset Overdrive Deluxe edition from the HK store yesterday and it was £37.32 on there vs £60.99 on the UK store

I see Halo is currently £34.21 on the Japanese store.

It's there on the first page but for some reason they've missed the title and listed it as Digital Bundle and Deluxe Digital Bundle - £27.31 and £33.37 respectively from the Indian store.

I think that might be because the Sky box can't be controlled over HDMI so you need an IR blaster (either Kinect or a bespoke one) to mimic a remote control. However not having a Sky box I can't say for definite.

I'm fairly certain that you're right.

These updates must be designed to make sony look stupid, and microsoft look like a real OS expert company. Seems to be working. Especially pleased with the background wallpaper option, as shallow as that sounds.

I'm seriously tempted by the white Overdrive bundle out next week, but the game's an anomaly right now and I can't shake the feeling of a slimmer Bone model release at some point next year.

anyone else extremely tempted by sunset overdrive @ £28 (i think) HK store? i havent really had much interest in the game, but at that price or £14 each for me and a friend it really seems like a no brainer - is there any negatives of using the hong kong store? is it any more dodgy than using the USA store? (i buy giftcards on amazon and redeem them on the bone usually) ta