Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

If anyone wants me to send them a referral message before they register their new Xbone drop me a PM and we'll split the booty yarrrr!

Also if any new Boners want to add me, my gamertag is Coreygimp :hat:

Can't wait to get in tonight and play some Plants vs Zombies - Garden Warfare. Between EA access and games on Gold, the Bone is building a nice little library of downloadable games. I hope things pick up for it over Christmas sales wise.

Erm D4? I should probably recommend you pick up D4. You've got a kinect right? Cause D4 is pretty amazing with kinect. I mean I'm sure D4 is amazing without kinect because it is D4. I see a lot of people in the PS4 thread bang on about the Japanese Indy games but D4 not on PS4 so they don't have anything like D4. What I'm saying is you should get D4 because it is D4.

D4.

There are Japanese developed indie games on PS4? I thought the Japanese had given up making games ages ago.

My referral from Yoshimax didn't work. I signed up to xbox live rewards, I got the email saying he'd referred me, but when I click the link it just goes through to a page telling me to buy an xbox one through one of the selected retailers. When I sign in to xbox live rewards, nothing has changed in terms of my new achievements being added, or my existing gamerscore unlocking the various tiers on the 'my achievements' bit. I spoke to someone in support who was friendly but not particularly helpful, who then said she couldn't deal with it and had to refer the case to the 'enforcement team' and they would be in touch within 48 hours...

I just bought mine today and experienced a strange bug (I think) were playing FH2 and turned off the One buy holding the system button on the controler and choosing turn off console.

Then later I could not start the console by pressing the controller. It just lit up for a couple of seconds and then turned off again. Pressing the on button on the console only made it go "blip". Only thing that worked was to hold the on button on the console for 5 sec or so, then suddenly it booted again. Any ideas?

I just bought mine today and experienced a strange bug (I think) were playing FH2 and turned off the One buy holding the system button on the controler and choosing turn off console.

Then later I could not start the console by pressing the controller. It just lit up for a couple of seconds and then turned off again. Pressing the on button on the console only made it go "blip". Only thing that worked was to hold the on button on the console for 5 sec or so, then suddenly it booted again. Any ideas?

Did you have it in instant on mode? Mine does that after it has taken an OS update switch it on with the console button first.

Hoping one of you can answer a quick question for me.

Obviously Peggle 2 has just released on PSN and there are a couple of extra levels as DLC, is this something they have been adding periodically like they do with Plants Vs Zombies: GW? Or was there literally those bits from the off and that is all when it release on the XB1?

maybe not an xbox one post as such but didn't want to open a new thread - does anyone use any online game rental services? want to try out alien & evil within and i remember finding lovefilm useful for trying out games i had no real desire to buy but wanted to give a go (although i am tempted to buy evil within!) I signed up to a boomerang 21 day free trial but when I log in and try to add a game to my basket it says "please set your account live" whatever that means and I can't do anything. I feel like cancelling my subscription 7 minutes after starting my free trial. :lol:

edit: wow, i discovered how to set my account "live" and its worse than I thought, the free trial seemingly only lets you look at the games you COULD be renting if you set your account to "live" in my account section.

setting your account to "live" charges you the first months fee of £13.99, otherwise your account only goes live at the end of the 21 day period, after which you will be charged and can start renting games.

I use Boomerang and the process was a bit weird at first when I signed up. What I didn't realise at the time was that you couldn't rent PS4 or One games on a free trail. I believe that has now changed but excludes new releases. Boomerang are pretty decent, but I ended up keeping Watchdogs and Last of Us for well over a month at £9.99 a month. I've rented around one game per month prior to that due to the slow time it takes to get new games sent out, so at £120 a year it does mount up. I realised that I can buy a few games for that price and trade/keep them, so I may cancel.

It's perhaps wise to rotate on a 2 disc package rather than waiting around. I don't think the higher tier priority is worth it either from what I've read on Facebook.

oh yeah i see now i can add an older game for my trial, bit of a disappointment but may aswell go for something i haven't played yet as it's free. may get a month or so after to give some games a shot but i'm not too sure about it, this wasn't the best of starts! thanks. went for Ryse as i wanted to play it but never ended up buying it but love the setting. nothing else really seemed to tickle my fancy that i saw

Things were awful when next-gen began because Lovefilm had just ceased games and they got overwhelmed. I waited nearly a month for my first game. They do give you credit back for the days you wait and eventually you can claim a free month, but it wasn't great to begin with. Stock seems much better now.

Alien Forza AND Enemy Within I believe but don't know if its still working.

Tell you what. As somebody looking at buying one IT changes the whole thing now you can buy one for much cheaper minus Kinect. Which firstly is exactly what they wanted I guess as it should increase sales however it also means I would be amazed of anybody is getting them any more. Which is a shame as I kind of wanted one but can't really justify the extra spend.

I thought it was Forza bundle with Alien Isolation and Evil Within discs for £305. Not sure how you get it though. I guess take the bundle and two games up to the till?

EDIT - Just seen this on Hotdealsuk

"just wanted to say we got given a note today at work saying that this offer will not work from today (Saturday 18th) as it was an error."

Still £329 with those three games is rather good if that still works

however it also means I would be amazed of anybody is getting them any more. Which is a shame as I kind of wanted one but can't really justify the extra spend.

I did last weekend, mostly because I wanted the full experience that the designers had originally intended: I have enough things that play games, and the additional £ over the base console + forza was no more than I paid for the PS camera.

It did help that I'm not interested in the evil within at all, and if I'm going to pick alien isolation up it'll be on the PC, (which meant last weekends shopto deal didn't appeal).

I did last weekend, mostly because I wanted the full experience that the designers had originally intended: I have enough things that play games, and the additional £ over the base console + forza was no more than I paid for the PS camera.

It did help that I'm not interested in the evil within at all, and if I'm going to pick alien isolation up it'll be on the PC, (which meant last weekends shopto deal didn't appeal).

This should maybe be read in the context that I've previously bought a wii, xbox 360 camera, eyetoy, PS3 eyetoy, ps4 camera and 360 Kinect...