Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

If anyone wants in on the preview program add me (goodwinp1980) and I will invite you at some point this week.

Added you, but then saw this...

I have added you to the preview program, you will get a message from xbox on you XB1, this will contain an option to install the preview app

Thanks! I'll take a look later tonight :)

The Halo MC collection is going to get confusing. Each version has different control methods and different mechanics. Skipping between levels is gonna cause some "oops, wrong button" moments.

Even sniping between Halo:CE and Halo2 was a totally different mechanic.

Surely you just chose which control scheme you want?

I have sent invites for the preview to:

MrDark

Kriess

Vezna

Multiclunk

Even if someone else has also invited you it doesn't always appear to work so the more invites from others the better.

Ah right. Can you chuck an invite my way please? Raffles69

Fine, but it shouldn't really be necessary. Cutting out the middle man should be sufficient.

Well yeah, but they want to make money off digital because there are people out there that will quite happily pay that much for the convenience of being able to play it either as soon as it is available to play, don't want to wait around for a postman, or people with more than one console that go digital because it is cheaper than buying two physical copies.

Well yeah, but they want to make money off digital because there are people out there that will quite happily pay that much for the convenience of being able to play it either as soon as it is available to play, don't want to wait around for a postman, or people with more than one console that go digital because it is cheaper than buying two physical copies.

Although 9/10 you can get a physical copy before the digital version unlocks. ShopTo almost always deliver Thursday.

Although 9/10 you can get a physical copy before the digital version unlocks. ShopTo almost always deliver Thursday.

Yeah but isn't early shipping pretty much the one thing that Shopto has going for them these days? I haven't seen many games any cheaper than other shops in awhile from them

Any downsides to being in the "preview programme" (just got an invite)

I know on 360 there were issues with playing games with people on other versions of the dash, I assume that isnt the case here.

Is it VERY buggy or just a bit ;)

Dash might crash occasionally. Mine freezes up every now and then for about a minute and then starts working again. Usually happens when the first preview build for the month is released, the second preview build seems to iron things out a lot.

only of you never buy point vouchers. Destiny standard edition for example comes out cheaper whilst Diablo is about £2 more digital

You're no fun :P

tbf, I'm gold level on shopto (which iirc gives me 5% off) after always just using them as default so that usually makes a difference.

Having just set up a Mac Mini server in my house i have been waiting patiently for the latest update so i could get the media app. It still hasn't appeared even though i am in the preview program. :(

Adam over on NTSC told me of a £3 app called ArkMC which allows you to steam your avi's/mp4's/mkv's etc to the One, which works perfectly. Am i in the minority that didn't know it could do this?

Having just set up a Mac Mini server in my house i have been waiting patiently for the latest update so i could get the media app. It still hasn't appeared even though i am in the preview program. :(

Adam over on NTSC told me of a £3 app called ArkMC which allows you to steam your avi's/mp4's/mkv's etc to the One, which works perfectly. Am i in the minority that didn't know it could do this?

They said DLNA would be later - right now it's USB if you want to run stuff on the media app. Didn't know about that Boris app will have a look - is it like skifta?

That's what I thought, yet DLNA is now.

The app I mentioned is great. You browse your server for whatever you want to watch then tell it you want to watch it on the One and away you go.

Don't know Skifta, I'll have a look.

The app will be useless for me for USB too as I had to format my USB 3.0 HD to use it on the One, then my mac couldn't see it to put the files on. A bit daft.