Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

SSO looks so much up my street it's untrue, like a mix of Jet Set Radio and Ratchet & Clank. Believe it or not but I missed out on Halo 4 first time round as well so that tipped me over.

I usually don't go in for online twitch shooters but I'm enjoying Titanfall at the moment, Forza 5 is probably the best driving game I've played.

SSOD looks great, exactly up my street too but I'll have to wait to see if Insomniac can produce a game I don't actively dislike - heartening to hear folk who've played it, like it. Halo 4 is an OK Halo game but available for buttons on 360. Titanfall was the reason I got a Bone but after the initial glow wore off I found the whole titan/pilot balance doesn't work, at least for me - which is something of a crushing disappointment as I'm a massive IW/Respawn fanboy. Forza 5 I've not played much but the driving model feels pretty much identical to Forza's 3 and 4. My most played game is PvZ and even that wears a little thin after a while.

It's nice the One is now enjoying a bit more buzz on here, last thing you want is for any one platform holder to develop a massive lead as the Sony Refund Refused thread demonstrates but from a personal perspective there's very little released that's held my attention and isn't much in the future that grabs me either. Horizon maybe, oh and Cuphead - that looks amazing, whenever it's released.

Outside of exclusives, Destiny with xboxlive mates is a perfectly good reason to get a One. Seems a real return to form for Bungie.

If you hadn't played them all before I can see it.

But it's 3/4 literally the same thing you've played before and 1/4 mildly warmed over thing you have in fact, played before. Less than 2 years ago in the case of Halos 1 and 4.

What do you think of The Last of us and other remakes? They are generally just upres and maybe some minor lighting or texture changes. This has all that and more, 4 whole games more plus a totally redone Halo 2.

What do you think of The Last of us and other remakes? They are generally just upres and maybe some minor lighting or texture changes. This has all that and more, 4 whole games more plus a totally redone Halo 2.

The Last of Us: Remastered is fantastic and far from a "minor up-res" or whatever.

I think the Halo Collection looks like a brilliant buy for fans of the series (I'm not particularly, although playing through the first game at Christmas 2002 was a wonderful experience & I thought Halo 3 was very good too). If you're not a fan of Halo 2 it loses some of its lustre, but having the older games - particularly 3 & 4 - run at 60fps probably justifies the purchase by itself.

Well no, Last of Us clearly involved a lot of work, the only one in this pack you could even attempt to claim that for is Halo 2.

But yeah, I'm not saying it might not be worth buying, but a system seller? I wouldn't say TLOU is one either, but really that's not so much a remake as a delayed release of a cross gen game. I agree with Rain Birds you're really underselling the differences with TLOU.

Well no, Last of Us clearly involved a lot of work, the only one in this pack you could even attempt to claim that for is Halo 2.

But yeah, I'm not saying it might not be worth buying, but a system seller? I wouldn't say TLOU is one either, but really that's not so much a remake as a delayed release of a cross gen game. I agree with Rain Birds you're really underselling the differences with TLOU.

I'm not sure how you can hold up higher resolution textures and character models as 'a lot of work' and then be so dismissive of an entire game completely remade from the ground up, running simultaneously on two engines, to say nothing of the other three games and the complete integration of all four multiplayer modes. It must have been monumental undertaking and offers enormous value.

The fact we'll be getting lag free, Big Team Battle on HD Remastered maps should be enough to sell it to ANY Halo fan.

It's worked on me, was holding out for enough exclusives to buy a Bone but the combination of Halo MC Edition, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 is just far too much to resist!

Man alive. There's people spunking left right and centre over Journey/TLOU remakes and the Halo collection is getting a big meh? It's an absolute bargain for what it is.

Well, in the case of TLoU it's obviously because it's a very recent game and a very singular experience which had never been played by a big chunk of people who bought the remaster, plenty of whom were predominantly Xbox gamers in the previous generation.

Halo is a venerable series which has been experienced by most, and therefore the audience for the Master Chief Collection is different and trades more (more - not solely, by the way) on nostalgia than a PS4 release of a 2013 game. That, of course, is no bad thing when the collection offers great value & looks to have been lovingly compiled.

I'd say it's trading on its credentials as one of the best multiplayer experiences of all time, amongst other things, rather than nostalgia.

I'd say it's trading on its credentials as one of the best multiplayer experiences of all time, amongst other things, rather than nostalgia.

I'm not sure where I said it was trading solely or primarily on nostalgia; just more so than TLoU, which was hitherto unplayed by much of the PS4 user base, hence the contrasting reaction.

I'm not sure where I said that you said it was trading solely or primarily on nostalgia.

It's basically an amazing series of games that's getting a loving makeover, with an amazing online component included in its entirety.

I'm just countering how this conversation started with Dudley saying the MC Collection is lazy, whereas it quite evidently isn't.

It depends on how you look at it. There looks to be a fair bit of work going into it, so it's not lazy in that respect - but it's a lazy thing to do with the franchise. A lot of people moved from the 360 to the PS4 so the TLOU remake makes sense, but the Halo one doesn't really.

This is a bit of a moot point considering how many people quite clearly are interested in it, it's the second most pre-ordered game of the year behind Destiny which is coming out on five platforms, but nevertheless...

It's four games from over twelve years and two consoles, a decent percentage of the current Xbox Live audience had probably barely been born when Halo 2 originally came out. It makes perfect sense to have (almost) the entire series in one place, all running at the same contemporary standard, ready for the latest entry.

All of the Halo games can be bought for very little on the xbox/xbox 360.

Maps will no doubt still be high priced but the online community will be small for the older games, if some even have servers still operating.

I think what this new version brings to the players is a huge online user base and (like mentioned above) a lot of younger gamers will of missed out on the early Halo games so for most it's going to be great to play online, and the single player mode.

If I had a Xbox One I'd be looking forward to a Halo 3 online, as it was the game I first played online at home and loved it.

Roll on a Ridge Racer version...

My point being if you bought it all off the Live store on the 360 it probably wouldn't be far off the price of the MC collection. Which as CarloOos pointed out, two of the 4 games no longer have an online component. It's such a good package.

Power star golf "free edition" is really a demo then you can unlock courses or pay 15.99 to unlock whole thing

And then it has optional micro transactions!

Nice game of golf tho so I might at least pay the unlock

Edit- I "bought" it online and it hadn't downloaded when I got home... It is meant to be set to download updates, doesn't it download purchases as well?

Guys can anyone send me a invite to the preview program please? Gamertag is KriessG.

Also wil be adding some more people from here soon as want to play more Titanfall, and prep for epic MUK Halo MP sessions :)

I have added you to the preview program, you will get a message from xbox on you XB1, this will contain an option to install the preview app

The Halo MC collection is going to get confusing. Each version has different control methods and different mechanics. Skipping between levels is gonna cause some "oops, wrong button" moments.

Even sniping between Halo:CE and Halo2 was a totally different mechanic.

The Halo MC collection is going to get confusing. Each version has different control methods and different mechanics. Skipping between levels is gonna cause some "oops, wrong button" moments.

Even sniping between Halo:CE and Halo2 was a totally different mechanic.

My understanding is that you can have a control method consistent across all games in the collection.