Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Powerstar. Its pretty enjoyable, not as good as Everybodys Golf but in a similar vein. I often round off a gaming session with a round on there. Its quite relaxing but is still a challenge.

edit: it features microtransactions for card packs but I've managed fine without spending any money - easy enough to get the packs with in-game earnings.

hmmm F2P huh... I'll download it and give it a go

So, after taking the piss out of the boner for months now I've gone and bought one.......

No way am I going to miss out on Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief shenanigans.

Add me up for Titanfall pls if anyone still plays it :)

Nah we're done with that now mate ;)

Welcome !!!! Sorry everything looks so piss now after ps4 !

So, after taking the piss out of the boner for months now I've gone and bought one.......

No way am I going to miss out on Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief shenanigans.

Add me up for Titanfall pls if anyone still plays it :)

Having bought a Bone some time ago on a pretty flimsy pretext I'm intrigued if it was really Halo All Stars and SSOD that pushed you over the line.

I guess I'm slightly bemused by the level of interest the Halo rerelease is garnering - not because it's a bad game by any means but the first game's already been HD'ed, the second hasn't but is probably the weakest of the campaigns and the last two use the same assets. I'll probably end up getting it just to play the original Blood Gulch in MP but not much else.

Even more perplexing is SSOD, it looks like colourful fun but it's made by Insomniac, if history's taught us anything it's that all their games look great until you actually play them and realise they're joyless repetitive drek.

Even more perplexing is SSOD, it looks like colourful fun but it's made by Insomniac, if history's taught us anything it's that all their games look great until you actually play them and realise they're joyless repetitive drek.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time says hello!

Insomniac are a great dev. Their last game by no means "looked good until you played it" - it looked awful.

SO looks excellent. Like a Ratchet and Clank made without having to keep it playable for a younger audience. Apart from so,eh indie games, it's literally the only X1 exclusive that interests me.

Also I noticed that Ori and the something something is coming to PC. Has that always been the case? It looks like a lot of fun.

Seems odd that they didn't mention Kinect once at gamescom. Their corporate messaging says that they think it's the best package to buy but they don't have a single game on the horizon that uses it exclusively apart from Dance Central.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time says hello

I'm sure it does. Does it also go on about how it's the umpteenth reiteration of the same dreary mechanics, how it's a mind-numbingly shit platformer interspersed with deeply unconvincing combat elements? It probably doesn't, god love it. But it should.

I guess I'm slightly bemused by the level of interest the Halo rerelease is garnering - not because it's a bad game by any means but the first game's already been HD'ed, the second hasn't but is probably the weakest of the campaigns and the last two use the same assets.

Yeah, and bear in mind the original was only "HDed" to 360 specs, which the 3rd and 4th already are.

So you're buying literally 3 games you could get on 360 in near identical form for probably about a tenner total at this point and then whatever they do to Halo 2. Probably an entertaining package but lazy and certainly not in any way something that SHOULD be a system seller.

Nothing 343 have ever done has convinced me that they're the right people to be making Halo these days, so I find it difficult to muster any excitement for the Misterchef Collection. I also think Halo 2 being redone is a complete waste of time. That campaign was awful. Though maybe in HD you won't get lost in the corridors.

The Halo 2 matchmaking thing sounds appealing but I tired of Halo MP a long time ago.

Having bought a Bone some time ago on a pretty flimsy pretext I'm intrigued if it was really Halo All Stars and SSOD that pushed you over the line.

I guess I'm slightly bemused by the level of interest the Halo rerelease is garnering - not because it's a bad game by any means but the first game's already been HD'ed, the second hasn't but is probably the weakest of the campaigns and the last two use the same assets. I'll probably end up getting it just to play the original Blood Gulch in MP but not much else.

SSO looks so much up my street it's untrue, like a mix of Jet Set Radio and Ratchet & Clank. Believe it or not but I missed out on Halo 4 first time round as well so that tipped me over.

I usually don't go in for online twitch shooters but I'm enjoying Titanfall at the moment, Forza 5 is probably the best driving game I've played.

We've got Crackdown on the way and I will now be able to Co-op Destiny with my nephew and other Live buddies so all in I'm well chuffed with the console. The only downside for me is no Crunchyroll app but that is due soon.

Now That's What I Call Master Chief looks an amazing package. Over 100 maps and a remastered campaign for the price of a single game is huge value for money no matter which way you look at it. It was completely the system seller for me, I just enjoy the Halo multiplayer experience. No levelling up and earning the best guns just a level playing field that doesn't involve the twitch first to shoot gameplay of COD and more modern shooters.

If you hadn't played them all before I can see it.

But it's 3/4 literally the same thing you've played before and 1/4 mildly warmed over thing you have in fact, played before. Less than 2 years ago in the case of Halos 1 and 4.