Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Media Player a new app will be available soon that enables users to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.

Supported file types:

3gp audio

3gp video

3gp2

aac

adts

animated gif

asf

avi divx

avi dv

avi uncompressed

avi xvid

bmp

jpg

gif

h264 avchd

mjpeg

mkv

mov

mp3

mpeg 1 ps

mpeg 2

mpeg 2 hd

mpeg 2 ts

mpeg 4 h264 aac

mpeg 4 sp

png

tiff

wav

wma

wma lossless

wma pro

wma voice

wmv

wmv hd

Yup, had my eye on Super Hot ever since I saw a Giant Bomb video on it several months ago. Glad it's coming to Xbox One, it was a title I was looking at getting on the PC originally but now I can get 2 copies for the price of one. Bonus! Was surprised to see Goat Simulator as well.

Also:

Snapped messages, 'snap centre' acting like the 360 guide button, being able to watch TV on your tablet via SmartGlass instead of snapping is a nice feature too, and also 'boot to TV' coming 'soon' to Xbox One.

:D

Yup, had my eye on Super Hot ever since I saw a Giant Bomb video on it several months ago. Glad it's coming to Xbox One, it was a title I was looking at getting on the PC originally but now I can get 2 copies for the price of one. Bonus! Was surprised to see Goat Simulator as well.

Also:

Snapped messages, 'snap centre' acting like the 360 guide button, being able to watch TV on your tablet via SmartGlass instead of snapping is a nice feature too, and also 'boot to TV' coming 'soon' to Xbox One.

:D

The TV streaming to another device whilst playing a game is awesome!

They might be planning something special next year with Halo 5.

Yeah, I think their big 'custom' Xbox this year is the COD one. I'd imagine it'll be Halo 5 next year, and then Gears in 2016 if that's when it comes out.

Are the ID@XBOX games exclusive? Or did Microsoft drop that part?

Some lovely looking games in that line up and is getting me hyped for when I get the console this Christmas.

Some of them are, but I think the ones they showed off yesterday are just coming to Xbox One first. Same with a lot of the stuff Sony showed yesterday. At least they're both being a bit less loose with their terminology now (with a few exceptions).