IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Can you imagine if they had turned up at E3 and gone :

Heres Amped 4

Heres Gotham V

Heres the new batman game and it's exclusive to us

Heres a new Halo side story (cortana backstory where maybe she wasn't always an AI)

Heres Fez 2 and it's exclusive, god we love that guy and indie dudes in general

Oh and you aint ever getting no Titanfall either unless you've an Xbox One. EVER.

Its always online, deal with it.

We are not remove the drm.

£429, bitch.

I think I would have crumbled.

Come on guys, you don't need to make a shitty comment every time someone decides they'd like one.

Good Lord, there's been a lot worse said in here. Of course I hope he is happy with his purchase.

I'm not sure it's a wise one on launch (and it does bemuse me that people are preordering the bone), but I'd be pretty rotten to hope it made him miserable.

I'm not the effing Grinch, and like most of us, I'll likely get one myself one day.

But not yet, not yet.

This is as a good a place to ask as any... Does anyone know if the New..New Model of Xbox 360 ( Xbox one light ) is now on sale anywhere on the high street? thanks

I'd check the details of what that model omits before deciding to pick that one up rather than the model it replaces, mutterings about Wii Mini comparisons...

Can you imagine if they had turned up at E3 and gone :

Heres Amped 4

Heres Gotham V

Heres the new batman game and it's exclusive to us

Heres a new Halo side story (cortana backstory where maybe she wasn't always an AI)

Heres Fez 2 and it's exclusive, god we love that guy and indie dudes in general

Oh and you aint ever getting no Titanfall either unless you've an Xbox One. EVER.

Its always online, deal with it.

We are not remove the drm.

£429, bitch.

I think I would have crumbled.

This is the saddest thing.

It is literally, "what if the Xbone was the same, but the complete opposite? And a creepy DLC Halo thing for people who think the story is a masterpiece"

Oh cool thought it was exclusive in that case PS4 for life yo.

It's officially Xbox 360/One/PC. A Respawn rep said something like 'of course we'd like to reach as broad an audience as possible' but that's all we know for sure. It's logical to assume it'll come to PS4 eventually, but that's all it is -- an assumption -- and 'eventually' could be a very long time.

How many exclusive titles has EA published this generation? I can't think of any so it must be a low number (if any). Given EA's recent shenanigans with the Wii U it's possible that if the PS4 out performs the Xbox One then a PS4 version might be released. How much would Microsoft have had to pay to secure it as an exclusive? I could see the PS4 version selling a million copies easily within the first few months, so that's a fair chunk of cash.

Microsoft details the Xbox One’s reputation system

Microsoft has revealed that it will have a reputation system in place on the Xbox One, which will punish negative players by grouping them in special, quarantined sections of matchmaking, as OXM reports.

The new system will be based on a reputation score. If players are banned or muted with regularity, their reputation score will drop, eventually leading to negative players being grouped together rather than entering matchmaking with the general public.

“”There’ll be very good things that happen to people that just play their games and are good participants,” Microsoft senior product manager Mike Levan told OXM. “And you’ll start to see some effects if you continue to play bad or harass other people en masse. You’ll probably end up starting to play more with other people that are more similar to you.”

Microsoft has revealed that it will have a reputation system in place on the Xbox One, which will punish negative players by grouping them in special, quarantined sections of matchmaking, as OXM reports.

The new system will be based on a reputation score. If players are banned or muted with regularity, their reputation score will drop, eventually leading to negative players being grouped together rather than entering matchmaking with the general public.

“”There’ll be very good things that happen to people that just play their games and are good participants,” Microsoft senior product manager Mike Levan told OXM. “And you’ll start to see some effects if you continue to play bad or harass other people en masse. You’ll probably end up starting to play more with other people that are more similar to you.”

how do they get back out of that "group"?

MS. killing gaming slowing.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the 360 is supposed to do.

Using the rep system for anything is a very, very, bad idea. I remember always having 100% rep and then I started playing COD4. I never quit and I never slagged anyone off but my rep went down to less than 50%. I can only assume that actually winning games gets you a negative score.

On that basis I'm going to end up playing with all the winners and I'm not actually that good.

Loads of salty people on street fighter would rate me as unsporting when I beat them too. That's the only thing- I've never said a bad word to a stranger over xbox live. Well I have, but my headset was never plugged in,

I'm dubious about Microsoft's ability to live up to those claims, but I think it's a great idea in principle. I daresay it's a touch more sophisticated than just blindly following a 'he's a dick' post from the last guy you beat. It's not hard to imagine some more sophisticated algorithms driving that that would counteract the more obvious abuses of the system.